Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Since my Kitty never had children of her own, I'm sure she could warm up to that.
    Then again... playing children are quite distracting when one tries to study the magical arts. :<
    "Be quiet! Don't make me send you to the The Final Coil of Bahamut!"
    "I mean it! Be quiet or it's off to visit Brayflox and help her make that cheese!!"
    "I'VE HAD IT!!! I'm taking you and dropping you off at Trachtoum's! You have to listen to him tell you all about Tidus and Leviabeetus!! "
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

I don't want to imagine either of my characters having children, one's a blissfully ignorant rich-in-knowledge-poor-in-sense, the other's just a complete dick

- - - Updated - - -

Patch is up to download for those who like to have stuff pre-loaded

Downloading is happening on PS4 + PC here

Wanted to level last night, alas.. wasn't meant to be

Quick question:

From what I keep reading:

WAR = Offensive tank
    PLD = Defensive tank
    DRK = In between

Is it the same with healers?

WHM = Direct Heals
    SCH = Heals with shields
    AST = Bit of both worlds?

Want to try to level a healer, and see how bad it really is to heal pugs, so trying to get an idea on how the healing classes differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Downloading is happening on PS4 + PC here

Wanted to level last night, alas.. wasn't meant to be

Quick question:

From what I keep reading:

WAR = Offensive tank
    PLD = Defensive tank
    DRK = In between

Is it the same with healers?

WHM = Direct Heals
    SCH = Heals with shields

Want to try to level a healer, and see how bad it really is to heal pugs, so trying to get an idea on how the healing classes differ.
    You're basically correct as far as Healers go.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

You can log in now!

10+ Year Old Account
    All hail all the QOL changes.
    Wonder how much people attempt to farm the hunts in order to upgrade.
    You actually need, in reality, 2k Centurion Seals now to upgrade a single equip, as opposed to get 4 books of the same kind in Alex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    WHM = Direct Heals
    SCH = Heals with shields
    Pretty much. On top of that AST is a bit of a buff bot and SCHs shields are pathetically weak.
    At least during leveling. Not to be confused with the OPness of WoWs Disc priest.

Also when playing SCH you MUST manage your pet manually (incl pet positioning, as the AoE HoT emanates from the fairies position, not yours) or it will senselessly waste your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You can log in now!
    Stupid work and stupid adult responsibilities (and needing to save sick days for the upcoming cold and flu season).

The worst part is actually having to avoid some of the news sites and forum areas I typically frequent during my break times and down times lest I run into a random Spoiler McSpoilerson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you look at that?
    The darn light is gone!

That looks sweet! Now I just have to find another FC since my last one died so I can get another personal room. That or get lucky and be able to snag a personal house next month.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Deleted
    How's the main scenario? No spoilers just wanna know if it's good

it's kinda meh to be honest. sure some cool stuff hapen but apart for one or 2 scenes, i didnt get that much impressed
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

They added the Scions clothing to the store. Of course its not the new outfit that Y'shtola wears... ;<

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not to be confused with the OPness of WoWs Disc priest.
    Lol yeah. When I was levelling my SCH and was told they're the 'shield' healer, I was SORELY disappointed. Macros are your friend with this class, especially if you want to dps during dungeons.

OT: I just read the disc priest changes in Legion and I'm getting interested. I miss WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You can log in now!
    I hate you all with jealousy! (I'm at work) XD

The Crossover event with FFXI starts tomorrow and lasts the rest of the year. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...81d3a720ed785b

10+ Year Old Account
    I either got a really good group, or I'm disappointed on how "easy" Void Ark is. Not saying CT wasn't easy, but I did enjoy the first week of CT raids due to people being like HOLY HELL WHAT DO WE DO?! and just the feeling of progression in a randomly made group.

I was also kind of sad that they used the regular boss music for the bosses, BUT the final boss music was amazing and made the run worth it.

The only boss we wiped once on was the weird Azmodan Octopus love child.

First, impression of Arboretum was... uh.. that our entire group Dc'd and was removed out of the instance when the first boss was at 65%. So.. still no impression. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, cleared Void Ark pretty easily, first try. We too only wiped on the Tentacle boss but it was mostly smooth sailing. My initial impression of WoD was certainly more enjoyable, (completely blind run, talking to figure things out, etc.) but tbh I know how the coming days are going to go so I don't really mind that Void Ark is 'easier" because people are stupid....
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-11-10 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Yeah, cleared Void Ark pretty easily, first try. We too only wiped on the Tentacle boss but it was mostly smooth sailing. My initial impression of WoD was certainly more enjoyable, (completely blind run, talking to figure things out, etc.) but tbh I know how the coming days are going to go so I don't really mind that Void Ark is 'easier" because people are stupid....
    Void ark should be more likely compared to the first raid in the crystal tower series and not WoD.
    And tbh the first one was pretty ridiculously easy as well :P
    I just want void ark to be enjoyable

10+ Year Old Account
    On first week though, even Labyrinth wasn't one shot all bosses able. Usually you'd spend a lot of time on the dragon, while yeah it was super easy after it had been out for a while, the first couple of weeks were hilariously awful and I loved it. xD This is all assuming you didn't wipe on the trash before dragon.

One of the reasons I was so excited was because I loved queing for the 24 mans on day one, but to... just blow through it without much of a care in the world. Kinda sad, but again I agree, if people felt WoD was too hard for the "casual raider"s that que for it, they have to make it easier.