Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I agree with everything you are saying man.

I feel like for the next expansion a return to the iriginal style would be good

I WANT savage to be so hard I may never entee but also to be for those who enjoy it not for gear whores(so appearance and vanity stuff making it all super badass)

Make say alex normal coil hard

Don't have such a high initial ilv gap(again fresh 60 alt it is brutal and some people have issues already with such "low gear")

Basically I feel like a delicate balance was thrown off
    I feel like the issue with savage is not so much the difficulty but that the entire reason people all of a sudden decided to do it was because it now awards the highest ilv gear, and that's pretty much all people care about (for the most part). Then we come to the brick wall, and suddenly people don't want to put in effort because of the difficulty level.

In the past expansion, I enjoyed doing savage with my group because all of us actually wanted to clear savage (and it showed in how we were progressing honestly), not just for gear.

For the record, I'm not buying the whole "The difficulty level from a2 to a3 was too steep". There are so many groups who can't even do a1s and a2s. People are going into savage with the wrong mentality imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    talking about crafting mats, they should create specific crafting material storage spaces as well like in gw2 or wow too nowadays I think

because hot damn
    But they want to SELL you additional bank space for additional real life $$....

For the record, I'm not buying the whole "The difficulty level from a2 to a3 was too steep". There are so many groups who can't even do a1s and a2s. People are going into savage with the wrong mentality imo.
    Yeah, my guild cleared Coil unsynched and now they suddenly think they are savage material.... I believe they are in for a very rude awakening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Dudw if thwy did this it woyld free up SO much space

Tbh I am kinda expecting a massive ui overhaul among other things when the ps3 is dropped
    I don't know, SE likes having clunky and wasteful designs... take the glamour stuff for example. It's so fucking stupid to categorize them into "tiers"
    Then there is currency in form of items in your bag - and quest items not in the "key item" tab, but in your inventory instead. It's so freaking weird 99,5% of the time, I wouldn't get my hopes up. There is no way it's only a "PS3 issue"
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-12-24 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't know, SE likes having clunky and wasteful designs... take the glamour stuff for example. It's so fucking stupid to categorize them into "tiers"
    Then there is currency in form of items in your bag - and quest items not in the "key item" tab, but in your inventory instead. It's so freaking weird 99,5% of the time, I wouldn't get my hopes up. There is no way it's only a "PS3 issue"
    Ehhh while I will agree to some extent such as ps3 not neing the big issue I do see a few overhauls incoming after it's dropped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't know, SE likes having clunky and wasteful designs...
    Yeah when I read about how the UI dev in the live letter thinks they have an awesome ui and how happy he was to add sth as minor (and mandatory) as TP bars in the group frame my thought was:

Sorry dude, but you don't know the first thing how to create a responsive, easy to read and efficient UI. (tiny buff tracking symbols anyone?!)

Bleh. Mods can't come soon enough to deal with that crap. but I feel even they won't be able to fix the constant "you have a window open-> can't do that right now in another window" bullshit or the ridiculous UI lag due to "server has to confirm every friggin action, so instant skills aren't instant and you heals/dispels don't land immediately".
    Don't even try to click skills in rapid succession... the game won't get it 90% of the time... even with keybinds you sometimes need to mash.. bleh.

Seriously as much as people bash WoW, but WoW is LIGHTYEARS ahead in terms of overall game responsiveness and UI design (thanks to mods).

I've come to prefer FFXIV's combat to WoW's combat. I don't notice the delay since I'm used to there being a slight pause between attacks (outside of using stuff that doesn't have pauses). It also feels a bit more tactical during certain fights - since there's less room for error if you have to use an ability at a specific point. I also don't have to worry about what I like about a class being changed in every major content patch/expansion which is probably one of my biggest critiques when it comes to WoW.

I'm not generally a huge fan of addons either. I feel like people rely on them a bit too much - and WoW developed a culture towards addons that is almost as obnoxious as the 'console vs PC' arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also don't have to worry about what I like about a class being changed in every major content patch/expansion which is probably one of my biggest critiques when it comes to WoW.
    Yeah I bet bards and Blackmages were REALLY happy with the changes of Heavensward.

I'm not generally a huge fan of addons either. I feel like people rely on them a bit too much - and WoW developed a culture towards addons that is almost as obnoxious as the 'console vs PC' arguments.
    One could make the argument that Blizzard has been a bit too lenient in what they allow. Imho the Kromog GPS addon went too far and eliminated one of the main problematic abilities of the encounter. (Rune positioning)

But the ability to display UI information according to your own personal perceptive preferences (IE bar instead of numerical timer, texture instead of char animation, sound instead of yet ANOTHER visual cue) is pure gold.

It sucks when everything breaks down after a major patch though, I grant you that.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    What do groups who cannot beat A1S and A2S have anything to do with the difficulty gap between A2S and A3S? The simple fact of the manner and is easily corroborated by any modicum of research is that A1S and A2S have very healthy difficulty curves, and A3S doesn't. There's absolutely nothing wrong with A3S difficulty in a vacuum, it's an amazingly tuned fight. The issue is that you go from proper midcore content, to hardest endboss level content the game has shown, and it's only the third fight. So not only does it lock you out of 210 chest/legs for your entire raid, but it also requires a significant amount of time investment, and it's not even the endboss.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    There are plenty of coordinated fights as well.
    Also they are making savage be around coils difficulty from now on. Sounds pretty midcore to me :/
    Plenty of coordinated fights? In HW? There one relevant midcore fight in the game right now and that's Thordan. A1S and A2S have been farmed ad-nausea for any midcore player.

And yes in 3.2 there will be more midcore content; in 3-4 months.

Don't get met wrong, there's some stuff that is definitely pretty neat. I did like the MRP addon for role-play back in WoW. FFXIV doesn't have anything similar (though you can write a brief sentence in the search info as a wonky workaround). I dislike it when it turns into a situation where you end up looking at the addon more often than the game itself though.

If only XIV would steal Gw2's wardrobe system
    GW2 or Legion's would be nice. Just keep the glamor prisms to activate a change or something. I feel like they want the glamor system to still tie in the crafters and the prisms do still offer a small, steady method for a crafter to make a little gil.

But I think there's probably a way to relieve inventory of glamor gear while maintaining the things they want to be a part of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Don't get met wrong, there's some stuff that is definitely pretty neat. I did like the MRP addon for role-play back in WoW. FFXIV doesn't have anything similar (though you can write a brief sentence in the search info as a wonky workaround). I dislike it when it turns into a situation where you end up looking at the addon more often than the game itself though.
    My concern with addons is people complaining about trivialized content in HW having addons telling them the exact second a skill will be used, DBM-like addons holding your hand, judgemental addons to gauge who to crap on, DPS meters (because top DPS is more important than mechanics, of course), etc, etc.

While some mods in WoW were fun, I feel like they can have as much a negative impact as they do positive. It's a really difficult line to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    GW2 or Legion's would be nice. Just keep the glamor prisms to activate a change or something. I feel like they want the glamor system to still tie in the crafters and the prisms do still offer a small, steady method for a crafter to make a little gil.

But I think there's probably a way to relieve inventory of glamor gear while maintaining the things they want to be a part of it.

- - - Updated - - -

My concern with addons is people complaining about trivialized content in HW having addons telling them the exact second a skill will be used, DBM-like addons holding your hand, judgemental addons to gauge who to crap on, DPS meters (because top DPS is more important than mechanics, of course), etc, etc.

While some mods in WoW were fun, I feel like they can have as much a negative impact as they do positive. It's a really difficult line to walk.
    Thought DPS meters are a thin line in FF14. They are allowed but you aren't allowed to give someone crap about it?

Deleted
    I also don't have to worry about what I like about a class being changed in every major content patch/expansion which is probably one of my biggest critiques when it comes to WoW.
    us bards would like a word

us bards would like a word
    Well, I mean they didn't completely overhaul the class by removing abilities. Blizzard do that all the time which is much, much worse in my opinion.

Deleted
    Well, I mean they didn't completely overhaul the class by removing abilities. Blizzard do that all the time which is much, much worse in my opinion.
    they did remove the one thing that made the bard 'special' though. Playing one way for 50 levels and then completely switch around is pretty annoying

So leadership of my free company has fallen to me due to the inactivity of the leadership. The consensus is that I'm not changing anything in their absence unless everyone agrees it needs to be changed. So control of a free company estate has fallen to me.

Are there any kind of floor decorations that are Starlight Celebration-y? Like presents you can place on the floor or some such? Under the tree I already bought...?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah I bet bards and Blackmages were REALLY happy with the changes of Heavensward.
    It's not that significant a change - the cast times all take less time than the GCD, so you're not pressing most abilities any slower than before (going from a weaponskill to an OGD is one of the more significant changes, before it was done in quick succession, now you have to wait 1.5 seconds) and aren't able to move around while doing it unless you pop out of WM.

I played a Demo Warlock from Wrath to MoP...none of the changes in Heavensward are even close to the jerking around I experienced with that class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not as bad as WoW's class changes but suddenly going from a very mobile dps class to a turret class just like BLM is annoying. Not really a fan of WM. BLM doesn't have it as bad as bowmages, imo, since their changes didn't flip their playstyle really. Their rotation is just much more punishing for moving now, since Endochian is so tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Maybe not as bad as WoW's class changes but suddenly going from a very mobile dps class to a turret class just like BLM is annoying. Not really a fan of WM. BLM doesn't have it as bad as bowmages, imo, since their changes didn't flip their playstyle really. Their rotation is just much more punishing for moving now, since Endochian is so tight.
    I think it might come down to how much a player moved in the past while playing Bard...I really didn't unless I had to, so with the wait time between most abilities staying the same it doesn't feel that different.

Also, if I need to move a lot I just pop out of WM and stay mobile until the need is no longer there.

I do understand how it can be annoying for those who moved a lot more, but I also think describing it as a complete switch is a bit of an overstatement.

Deleted
    I don't think it's an overstatement. One of the selling points of the bard was its mobility, and they flat out took that away from him. Some people (like me) simply don't like being rooted everytime they use a skill, so bard was a refreshing class among the others.
    I've learned to deal with it and have somewhat accepted it now, but it still stings. Not to mention the slight delay in the game prevents you from casting an ability immediately after moving because it'll just get interrupted.
    Was there even a reason for them to go this route with bard? They could've added cast bars if necessary but then at least still give us the option to move while casting.

On a side note, this is only the first expansion. Who know what other things they might do to classes in the future.
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2015-12-24 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

My idea for a wardrobe was honestoy a "Glamor Book" lorewise it could say store the aetheric imprint if an items appearance and then use glamor prisms to apply it.

In function it stores item image data and lets us use that.