Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Probably.
    And even if people will laugh at me for being dumb: I openly admit that, as a hobby 5man tank, I find the active mitigation from WoW very stressful. Esp on my little warrior.
    Well tbh when I played WoW I never had to use mitigation in dungeons unless I was severely undergeared or doing challenge modes :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Well tbh when I played WoW I never had to use mitigation in dungeons unless I was severely undergeared or doing challenge modes :/
    You don't have to as in there aren't any attacks that will outright kill you if you don't time it perfectly.

Still if you want to feel like an okay tank you should do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably.
    And even if people will laugh at me for being dumb: I openly admit that, as a hobby 5man tank, I find the active mitigation from WoW very stressful. Esp on my little warrior.
    They're fixing it so you rely more on healing in Legion.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Just starting playing as a Conjurer (lvl 22). Love the RPG elements of the game, has quite a bit of little stuff that I wish WoW hadn't given up for convenience. Combat is a bit boring so far though. Especially the early dungeons as a healer.

Also, there seems to be a shit ton of gold spammers whispering me, this a recent problem?
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just a problem SE can't be arsed to fix or give the community the necessary tools to fix it.

As for the low level dungeons: Cleric stance -> DPS during downtime. If you only heal you will be AFK for 80% of the time.

Deleted
    Nope, just a problem SE can't be arsed to fix or give the community the necessary tools to fix it.

As for the low level dungeons: Cleric stance -> DPS during downtime. If you only heal you will be AFK for 80% of the time.
    Whisper? They can Whisper?
    I didn't recieve a whisper in months, I thought they didn't allow trial accounts to whisper or something like that.
    Or is it because I never visit the pre HW content anymore and thus they don't see me in the zonechat? (I actually don't know if a /who feature exists in this game)

Combat is a bit boring so far though. Especially the early dungeons as a healer.
    DPS the shit out of them and train your stance-dancing.
    The first "interesting" dungeon is @ ~30 I think (Qarn) and the first dungeon where you actually end up healing more than doing dmg might be lvl ~44 or lvl 50.

But then again, I was a SCH... my pet did everything for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Or is it because I never visit the pre HW content anymore and thus they don't see me in the zonechat?
    Pretty much this.
    You'll get texted frequently esp if you are in the older main cities.

Also they aren't trial accounts. It's hacked lv 50s/lv60s that do the bulk of the spam.

DPS the shit out of them and train your stance-dancing.
    In low level? Your int/spi are pretty close together. Not much need to stancedance. I typically just heal through cleric unless some major mishap occurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    In low level? Your int/spi are pretty close together. Not much need to stancedance. I typically just heal through cleric unless some major mishap occurs.
    The 20% reduced heal can make quite a difference, usually I just get bored and multidot trash that dies within seconds anyway xD. Unfortunately bosses sometimes wreck tanks, so I do have to stance dance a little more there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    The 20% reduced heal can make quite a difference, usually I just get bored and multidot trash that dies within seconds anyway xD. Unfortunately bosses sometimes wreck tanks, so I do have to stance dance a little more there
    "Stance dancing is love, stance dancing is life."
    ~Zalene, the Career Healer

I don't mind healers putting the lives of others before damage, well, that's what they are supposed to do, but I do get slightly frustrated when there's downtime in healing and the healer do nothing, nothing at all during that downtime. Then again, I started playing as a healer, so I know how to use my time efficiently, although I do miss my timing sometimes, managing to cast a Benediction right as the tank died and such.

I'm looking forward to the next Live Letter. It should give us a lot more information regarding 3.2 as well as a release date. I'm hoping it'll be early rather than mid or late February. Perhaps we'll get a patch trailer too?

Deleted

Swaps current INT and MND attribute ratings, while increasing potency of attack magic by 10% and reducing potency of healing magic by 20%.

Since deactivating and activating the buff actually needs some training (because it's not uncommon to fuck this up by activating it again right after you deactivated it), it's now or never.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-01-24 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (because it's not uncommon to fuck this up by activating it again right after you deactivated it)
    Oh yeah I HATE when that happens. It's due to the retarded UI lag in this game. The buff is actually off but UI doesn't display it right away, you want to heal think "damn game didn't get it" and push the button again ....

Ugh. what I wouldn't give if this game was as responsive and accurate as WoW...

while increasing potency of attack magic by 10% and reducing potency of healing magic by 20%.
    if I do 20 damage, I won't notice 22.
    If I heal, it makes no difference whether I heal for 100 or 80.

It does get brutal in high level though. Cleric at the wrong time = you better have some big cooldown ready to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next Live Letter. It should give us a lot more information regarding 3.2 as well as a release date. I'm hoping it'll be early rather than mid or late February. Perhaps we'll get a patch trailer too?
    It should be contain a lot of information regarding 3.2 with hopefully a preview of alex midas and a patch trailer. If not, then either the patch will be out late feb and we'll have another live letter before it, or they don't care about giving us any reason to re-sub/keep playing come 3.2

I desperately need something exciting in this game and i'm really hoping 3.2 brings it.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    It should be contain a lot of information regarding 3.2 with hopefully a preview of alex midas and a patch trailer. If not, then either the patch will be out late feb and we'll have another live letter before it, or they don't care about giving us any reason to re-sub/keep playing come 3.2

I desperately need something exciting in this game and i'm really hoping 3.2 brings it.
    You gotta remember though and I do say this a lot, FF14's idea is less is more while released at faster intervals. Which is good because they seem to deliver in 2-3 patches more than most games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-01-25 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You gotta remember though and I do say this a lot, FF14's idea is less is more while released at faster intervals. Which is good because they seem to deliver in 2-3 patches more than most games.
    I'd compare it to a DoT in that they release smaller(and even then we get alot) bits over time but wind up with alot by the end(think of am expansion as reapplying the Dot)

Deleted
    if I do 20 damage, I won't notice 22.
    If I heal, it makes no difference whether I heal for 100 or 80.

It does get brutal in high level though. Cleric at the wrong time = you better have some big cooldown ready to compensate.
    Thats... not how you should view %s.
    Just because the numbers are higher later in the game, doesn't mean the effect is different.

Low level mobs have lower HP and tank HP pools are lower too.

So just because you arn't doing 1,000 on a mob with 10,000 hp, doesn't mean doing 100 on a mob with 1,000 is any different. (or 1,100 / 110 respectively)
    10% is 10%, as a DRG you'd use Heavy Thrust too, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-01-25 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats... not how you should view %s.
    Just because the numbers are higher later in the game, doesn't mean the effect is different.
    Actually it's very different.

Healing 80 vs 100 is much less of an issue than healing 10K vs 8K. Both are 20% but the 2K could mean the difference between a dead tank or a live one.
    It depends on the Tank-HP scaling and the damage output of the mob.

Since you like arguing semantics: I'm not talking about the math here. That one is clear.
    I am talking about what the player FEELS.

You do NOT feel the difference between 20 and 22 DPS in low level. And to be honst, I'd be hard pressed to feel 10% even at level 60. Factoring in crits and misses + interruptions due to mechanics.... numbers are simply too random.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I'd compare it to a DoT in that they release smaller(and even then we get alot) bits over time but wind up with alot by the end(think of am expansion as reapplying the Dot)
    Currently that DoT ticks like a wet noodle though...
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-01-26 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Healing 80 vs 100 is much less of an issue than healing 10K vs 8K. Both are 20% but the 2K could mean the difference between a dead tank or a live one.

Since you like arguing semantics: I'm not talking about the math here. That one is clear.

You do NOT feel the difference between 20 and 22 DPS in low level. And to be honst, I'd be hard pressed to feel 10% even at level 60. Factoring in crits and misses + interruptions due to mechanics.... numbers are simply too random.

I dunno I think they did very well with the expansion and they still give more per patch then most if not any other MMOs MAYBE vanilla Rift aside

But there's a significant jump between 28 and 32 because you get your job crystal, you also get your next set of green gear out of brayflox's if you're twinking out.

While there's certainly a time and a place, it really depends on class. As an SCH you've got Selene/Eos who's unnaffected by cleric's stance keeping a consistent level of healing out weather you're deepsing or healing at the time, where AST/WHM do not have that luxury.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but I definitely feel the difference between cleric being on and off healing wise