Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i haven't tried sephirot or alex yet but the story was really good and i liked the new dungeons a lot more than the previous ones.
    They seem to be making trash enemies more engaging/interesting. It's the same with the bosses, too.

Sephirot's fight is pretty cool - I haven't tackled Alex yet either though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    They seem to be making trash enemies more engaging/interesting. It's the same with the bosses, too.

Sephirot's fight is pretty cool - I haven't tackled Alex yet either though.
    I am the opposite, I did all floors of Alex, but haven't done Sephirot. And Alex is amazing, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only unlocked them, probably going in as FC group soon.

Deleted
    Okay, A8 was kinda cool

Can someone explain how melding works now? I just don't get it

Can I, or can I not meld STR materia into it.. and how much?
    What exactly do I have to watch out for, and can someone else do it for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I am VERY happy that I didn't dump all that time into the relic, considering I had 3-4 pennies lying around and could instantly jump to 210 weapon.
    Heh.

People who expect someone to be intimately familiar with how to tank Alexander on day two of a patch really rub me the wrong way. I think I'll stick to playing PLD in dungeons and just go back to DRG for raids. That they have a completely unique set for this tier is a big incentive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I do expect raidmembers to know what they have to do. Most raid bosses stand or fall with the tank. VERY annoying if the tank doesn't know his stuff but other roles being clueless can be a pain too.

That being said: I don't expect a flawless execution of the tactics on the first pull.
    There is theoretical knowledge of what the boss does (should be there BEFORE you enter the raid) and then there is putting that knowledge into actual play which often requires some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well that's what elitists call us nonraiders, no?
    No. That's not what they call non-raiders. They call them non-raiders. Your skill level and your content participation do not always have to be aligned, even if statistically they're definitely positively correlated.

Looking forward to checking out midas on twitch though. Read the patch notes, not quite enough to bring me back.

Yeah I do expect raidmembers to know what they have to do. Most raid bosses stand or fall with the tank. VERY annoying if the tank doesn't know his stuff but other roles being clueless can be a pain too.

That being said: I don't expect a flawless execution of the tactics on the first pull.
    There is theoretical knowledge of what the boss does (should be there BEFORE you enter the raid) and then there is putting that knowledge into actual play which often requires some practice.
    I pick up tactics fairly quickly. I just don't learn through reading a guide/watching a video. I'm a practical guy. Reading up on first aid didn't stick with me but taking a class and seeing it done for myself let me pick it up immediately. If it was a week or longer after the patch went live then I could understand people expecting a smooth run.

Just not on day two via the duty roulette. The party finder exists for building 'easy clear' runs after all.

If anyone wants to get the expansion and hasn't (or even the base game) then there's an awesome sale for the digital version at gamestop.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/24...gamestop-week/

12$ for the regular version is the cheapest I have ever seen it.

Personally I am VERY happy that I didn't dump all that time into the relic, considering I had 3-4 pennies lying around and could instantly jump to 210 weapon.
    Heh.
    Quiet, you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I pick up tactics fairly quickly. I just don't learn through reading a guide/watching a video. I'm a practical guy.
    I know that, but you should read a guide nonetheless in order to know what will be expected of you. Not doing so is essentially relying on either dumb luck, patience or some nice person explaining.

If the boss necessitates a tank swap @ ~5 stacks I expect you to know that. Whether you tank till 6 or play it safe with 4, that depends on the run, your gear and your co-tank. These details get clearer with time. But the core mechanic of "there will be a debuff and eventually we have to switch" THAT is what you are supposed to take away from reading a guide. Same goes for rough positioning. Fine detail can be worked out later.

Going in completely blind is essentially rude and unacceptable. (unless the encounter is trivial in difficulty and mechanics don't matter either way)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did Alex Midas 1-2 and Containment Bay S1T7 -- had 7/8 FC-group and only couple members (tanks) knew most of the tacts, so it was fun.

Sure our tanks tried to give info about fights, but no matter how many times I listen, read or watch, that info simply won't stay in my head. It was quite interesting in Alex Midas 2 on 2nd fight when nobody really knew what to do with the mini-boss, wiped couple times and analyzed the fight - after that it went down and nobody died on it.

Going to fight blind is so much more fun.

Deleted
    Α8 is the best fucking fight in the game hands down I cannot wait to see it on savage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Going to fight blind is so much more fun.
    That's okay in a party with like minded individuals, in fact I prefer it myself. It can be fun to figure stuff out on your own.

You won't encounter that in the random queue though.
    Coupled with the fact that communication among strangers is already at a bare minimum, going in blind ends up in pain and frustration for everyone.

I don't know how it is for anyone else but does anyone else think AST is a piece of trash? Instead of creating it's own healing identity it got some hybrid of wht mage and sch that's impossible to balance.

Very meh
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I don't know how it is for anyone else but does anyone else think AST is a piece of trash? Instead of creating it's own healing identity it got some hybrid of wht mage and sch that's impossible to balance.

Very meh
    I love it, personally. It's that mix that makes it awesome to me. Of the three, AST would be my choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like AST. keeps me on my toes with the cards. i do get a bit irritated at the smaller range on asp. helios, makes barf face a bit harder IMO ah well. Im bad at noct sect ast tho...not a good sch either XD

Deleted
    AST got pretty sick after this patch tbh and so did MCH and PLD.

Deleted
    I don't want to annoy you guys, and I'll stop asking after this last try, but can someone help me with this here?

Okay, A8 was kinda cool

Can someone explain how melding works now? I just don't get it

Can I, or can I not meld STR materia into it.. and how much?
    What exactly do I have to watch out for, and can someone else do it for me?
    A link with a good explanation (that also includes recent changes to the system) would suffice too.