Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    China exclusive outfits: http://act.ff.sdo.com/project/160223df/index.html

No fair...
    Oh wow

I knew about this for a while, and didn't mind we aren't getting it... Until I actually looked at the models.

Now I am jealous too... D=

Deleted
    A little bit of info for those who do not know.
    When you go ahead and start melding blue gear you cannot meld main stats or the highest secondary stat available on the gear.
    Also if you wish to meld additional points into the other secondary stat you can do so untill it reaches its own cap (which I don't think is possible with just 2 materia anyway)
    For example on a tank piece with str, vit, 86 crit and 60 det you cannot meld str or vit cause they are main stats that exist on the piece and you cannot meld crit since it is the highest of the 2 secondaries. You can meld det though untill it also reaches 86 or any other secondary stat that is not present on the gear.
    For tank accessories though that only have vitality you can go ahead and meld strength since it is not present. (only occasion in which you can meld a main stat)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Actually we do scale with str.

before patch 1 str = 1 attack power
    after patch 1 str = .45 attack power AND 1 vit = .45 Attack power

Because of this, Melding Str for tanks has a higher priority over secondary stats
    So they did indeed overall, nerf Tank damage by quite a bit?

edit: Unless... well I've to take a look at the items and their stat distribution first. brb
    Oh yeah, since accessories only have 1 main stat
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-02-25 at 08:32 PM.

PLD, at least, doesn't seem to have been 'nerfed' if you go all out with VIT. It does, however, leave much to be desired. DRK and WAR are still dealing much more damage only now they have the perk of having even more health if they stack VIT instead of STR. Hopefully we get more tweaks in the future. MCH and BRD still need one as well -because their DPS is just not on the same level as other DPS classes even if they go all out.

No fair...
    Be vocal on the forum and Twitter and let them know we want them too. I'm sure those will show up for us sooner or later. I sure hope they will!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Be vocal on the forum and Twitter and let them know we want them too. I'm sure those will show up for us sooner or later. I sure hope they will!
    It worked for the FFXIII gear at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It worked for the FFXIII gear at least.
    Which is sad on my behalf, for having actually fated and done the quests to get the original set back in 2013/2014.

Else, I simply LOVE Midas. Tried it today after some videos explaining how the fights goes. It's far better than Gordias, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account

No fair...
    /booo me want pretty red dress too!

@Binaris: good to know. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Which is sad on my behalf, for having actually fated and done the quests to get the original set back in 2013/2014.

Else, I simply LOVE Midas. Tried it today after some videos explaining how the fights goes. It's far better than Gordias, in my opinion.
    I agree. I only did the first 2 turns and I already like it more.

edit: Finished the rest of it and one shot A8 somehow. This raid is waaaaayy more fun than gordias.
    Last edited by threads; 2016-02-26 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    PLD, at least, doesn't seem to have been 'nerfed' if you go all out with VIT. It does, however, leave much to be desired. DRK and WAR are still dealing much more damage only now they have the perk of having even more health if they stack VIT instead of STR. Hopefully we get more tweaks in the future. MCH and BRD still need one as well -because their DPS is just not on the same level as other DPS classes even if they go all out.
    MCH and BRD are intended to be lower because of the immense utility they bring and are a guaranteed spot in a raid grp.
    Also after the changes, as someone who has played both PLD and DRK in a4s lvl so I know both classes rotations by heart my DRK was only 50 dps ahead of my PLD in similar ilvl. Pretty spot on imho. Only thing PLD could use now is a tad better aoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    For materia melding, there's no "open" stats for your primary stat. If your gear has str on it, it will have maxed out str and no more str can be melded. If it's an accessory with vit, you can meld str onto it. The same applies to secondary stats as well. If it has crit, it will most likely be maxed on crit and you'll have to meld something else. This applies to most gear this tier, crafted and raid. For some previous gear with sockets, if it had str you might have been able to add a little bit more str.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Goblin (it was the server I started on ages ago before I quit) and it's hard to find a raiding guild... anyone need a ninja? I know my shit & got skype / vent w/e

I might be willing to swap servers, but then I'd have to convince my brother to swap too. He's an experienced healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm on Goblin (it was the server I started on ages ago before I quit) and it's hard to find a raiding guild... anyone need a ninja? I know my shit & got skype / vent w/e

I might be willing to swap servers, but then I'd have to convince my brother to swap too. He's an experienced healer.
    I have a few people in my FC running a static, if that should interest you. I'm not sure if they actually need a NIN or a healer though, and they demand people knowing their shit, but in any case.
    If you are interested, talk with Sorriow or Ophieo there.

I'll send you a Discord link in PM.
    Just click their name and send a message.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-02-26 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay - ran that repeatable Quest 20 times and now their progress is reset'd after maintenance.

And can't vote again.

Vote Narumi for best waifu Songbird!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So they did indeed overall, nerf Tank damage by quite a bit?

edit: Unless... well I've to take a look at the items and their stat distribution first. brb
    Oh yeah, since accessories only have 1 main stat
    Well being able to meld str only vit accessories will help some. The enmity modifiers for tank stances were also upped from 2.3 to 2.7 as well. Threat really isnt an issue, unless the tank is still trying to play 90% of the time in dps stance like before the patch.

Deleted
    The way it's designed now and with the many tank switch mechanics that they ve added you kinda can't do that anymore *at least not 90% of the fight) so enmity wont be an issue anymore.

"We will add accuracy to healer gear if it becomes a problem"

"Every healer uses all their materia melds on accuracy"

FIX THIS GOD DAMN IT
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Vote Narumi for best waifu Songbird!
    once a catgirl is thrown into a beauty competition, the results are already clear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    once a catgirl is thrown into a beauty competition, the results are already clear
    Yeah.. Lalafell is leading.

*Abandon server.*