Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Please no. That uniqueness that is in the game is one of the few things that makes this game better than other MMOs.
    I'm not sure how this qualifies as unique among games of the genre... Especially considering how inconsistent SE is about it within the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'd be happy if they just made it a single item that worked for everything because at the moment its just... annoying as hell.
    Imho it would be enough to remove the retarded and completely useless ranks (all ranks require the same mats anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm not sure how this qualifies as unique among games of the genre... Especially considering how inconsistent SE is about it within the game.
    What do you mean? During events that reward costumes they are usually gender restricted, but both have their own versions that fit each gender. Also how doesn't starting gear qualify as unique?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c2fd1b14bcf06f

Just a warning for anyone thinking of getting into the game. Make sure you buy your keys legit. Some people have also been getting banned/suspended over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just checked and looks like Jenova. Was playing with roommate and a few of his friends but they've all abandoned me : (

Though I should have seen it coming given that I've tried to get my roommate to play like 500 games with me and the only one he's stuck around with for any amount of time is Planetside 2. He even abandons me when I play D3 nowadays because he's "done with it". He's a jerkface.
    Booo.

I'm on Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Also take Rifts system in question, it has a robust wardrobe feature yes, it has a robust feature because this is where they will be making their income, if it did not have this, then it would have to start charging more for content slices.

FF14 makes it money on subs, why does it need to add a feature that makes it easy for vanity when it doesn't monitise anywhere near from its cash shop for vanity as a FTP game would? Glamour prisms is a scalable consumable and is a good way for crafters to make money on top of other items and the only real cost is player gil.
    You do realize that this feature existed in Rift LONG before FTP was even a thought for them. It existed when their CEO said that F2P would not be an option for Rift and that they strongly believed in the sub model. Rift was a sub, so they made it so things like that in the game were free and easy. Once they had a shift in CEOs and went a different direction and went F2P, it's still free. You get something like 2-5 slots for absolutely free/in game gold, exactly how it was when it was still a sub. It's very generous with what you get for free as well, not charging for it. What they started charging for was the ability to expand it beyond what was available in the sub-model, allowing you to have something like up to 20 different wardrobe slots that can double as storage along with "costumes".

So again, I ask, what does being F2P have to do with it?

Deleted
    The expandability is exactly whats being monitised here for real money in a FTP game, it needs this feature in order to make profit and they don't need to charge for ingame currency as much as a result.

FF14 is simply allowing players to charge ingame currency as a resulting cost, SE don't need to go out of their way to spend dev time creating a wardrobe type feature, seems like people just want an easy way to do everything like someone said above, asking people to make money else where instead, which is just tripe really.

This is a good system as mmos in general need more consumables in general and allow players to sell these to each other, ingame items that is, we need more consumables not less, stop being lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Imho it would be enough to remove the retarded and completely useless ranks (all ranks require the same mats anyway).
    IMHO the ranks stop the market from being flooded, different ranks have different demands so the prices flucuates, i sell some prisms at 10 k a pop and sell 5 at a time, so for certain ranks of prims, i make 50 k each, thats 1 rank of 1 type.

Some sell for 5 k a unit, if there was 1 rank for everything, then the market will be flooded and the prices shoot down, which is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sell for 5 k a unit, if there was 1 rank for everything, then the market will be flooded and the prices shoot down, which is bad.
    The demand would be the same as it is today, as would be the supply.
    Net result: price would settle on an average of all ranks.

I dunno, there's plenty of other ways to make money crafting. I feel that in a sub game, vanity stuff should be quick, easy and cheap. Since I can get free gameplay and story just about anywhere nowadays, vanity is one of the major things that sets sub games apart from F2P games, so vanity should be free and easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The demand would be the same as it is today, as would be the supply.
    Net result: price would settle on an average of all ranks.
    Not really, you can artificially control demand and supply and thus manipulate the prices a bit more when theres more ranks like this, if everyone could sell the same thing all at once, then people would be undercutting a lot faster and thus reducing the price, its not about getting it to settle on an average, its about profit margins and thats all about keeping prices high as they can be and theres nothing wrong with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I dunno, there's plenty of other ways to make money crafting. I feel that in a sub game, vanity stuff should be quick, easy and cheap. Since I can get free gameplay and story just about anywhere nowadays, vanity is one of the major things that sets sub games apart from F2P games, so vanity should be free and easy.
    So what you are saying is, destroy a lucrative market because SE should adhere to player feelings? Vanity is easy in FF14, only requires ingame currency and very little real money, something people want more in a sub based mmo.

This is more options to craft and more consumables to sell as they sell through out the lifetime of expansions, gear selling diminishes heavily after time in a tier, most mmos give very few options to what can be sold to other players through crafting and not just gathering.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c2fd1b14bcf06f

Just a warning for anyone thinking of getting into the game. Make sure you buy your keys legit. Some people have also been getting banned/suspended over it.
    That is ... vague. What the fuck does "unauthorized" mean exactly?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Basically sites like G2A.

I guess things like key resellers but I'm not entirely sure. Feel free to clarify me but I'd say buy your keys legitimately always because there is the risk of things like this.

So what you are saying is, destroy a lucrative market because SE should adhere to player feelings? Vanity is easy in FF14, only requires ingame currency and very little real money, something people want more in a sub based mmo.

This is more options to craft and more consumables to sell as they sell through out the lifetime of expansions, gear selling diminishes heavily after time in a tier, most mmos give very few options to what can be sold to other players through crafting and not just gathering.
    Pretty much, yes. As for the bolded part, I really beg to differ. It is not easy at all. It is very clunky and non-intuitive. I hate it so much that I actually just don't even bother. In Rift, I had multiple outfits that I would switch between regularly because it was so easy cost literally nothing at all.

I admit, I am not everyone, but that is my opinion. The main difference between a game with a good F@P model and a sub model is the only things that cost real money in F2P are vanity. Therefore, vanity should be free and super easy in a sub game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like?

Other than gear for people's alts ... other than vanity what else is there to create?

Crafting is slowly going the WoW route, i.e. slowly becoming irrelevant. With every passing expansion/patch it becomes more and more disconnected from the main game because raiding needs to be "accessible" (can't have people spend gil/time on crafted gear) and raiding must have the best rewards (where the fuck does that leave crafting?).

Edit: This might be relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I guess things like key resellers but I'm not entirely sure. Feel free to clarify me but I'd say buy your keys legitimately always because there is the risk of things like this.
    I bought from a key reseller for the base game because of SE region locking their god forsaken NA store ... (Thankfully, the stop that BS with Heavensward.)
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-03-25 at 07:26 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Pretty much, yes. As for the bolded part, I really beg to differ. It is not easy at all. It is very clunky and non-intuitive. I hate it so much that I actually just don't even bother. In Rift, I had multiple outfits that I would switch between regularly because it was so easy cost literally nothing at all.

I admit, I am not everyone, but that is my opinion. The main difference between a game with a good F@P model and a sub model is the only things that cost real money in F2P are vanity. Therefore, vanity should be free and super easy in a sub game.
    So what can a player sell to another player that does not diminish in terms of demand over time, there are other things but why should we as players have more limitations to what can be sold.

Most mmos have dead market boards, Rift has a dead auction house, it has plenty of inventory bags but consumables hell of a lot less and such, most players are able to not require another player to gain items in RIFT, in fact most mmos make money by selling gathered materials rather then crafted items.

I rather have more options to sell, its upto the player to cough up the currency to do so and encourages more player to player trading, something that most mmos actually don't do.

On the glamour note, the price/cost of it is very inexpensive, no more annoying than what it costs to transmog in wow. The main bone to pick is with the clunkiness; you need to have the correct reagent in your bags as well as the item whose appearance you want to impose on another item. I mean if the system would allow you to glamour from items on retainers, that would be a huge step forward. To have it cost nothing at all would be stupid, imo.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG in games need to go away or at least be changed to NOT be "all or nothing".

I'm so tired of running Fist and Cuff and rolling like 30 or shit.

This is horseshit.

Can I ask is it imperative that I get stoneskin from conjurer for my AST?. I mean idm levelling to 34 after Lancer is done for Bard just I kinda wanna start levelling AST is all

- - - Updated - - -

RNG in games need to go away or at least be changed to NOT be "all or nothing".

I'm so tired of running Fist and Cuff and rolling like 30 or shit.

This is horseshit.
    If it makes you feel better any faded copy songsheet that drops I've rolled low on except one in CT.

Like?

Other than gear for people's alts ... other than vanity what else is there to create?
    Gear for just after the patch, mostly. Buying up that stuff (which this time around is equal in ilvl to stuff out of Midas normal) seems to be pretty par for the course in the weeks following the patch (even Elysium, the guys that got the A8S world first, had crafters feeding them the gear) before it then tapers off as more stuff from raids or tomestone currency is acquired.

Then it settles back into consumables and vanity until the next gear release.

In fact, there's a Bard standing near me in-game right now with 7 crafted 220 pieces on. Also a Ninja with 4, including the chest piece which is glamoured to be the Midan chest piece of the same ilvl probably because the Midan one stupidly has skill speed which is not really a priority stat for Ninjas.

And if you don't raid it's the highest ilvl you can get until you fill out the Lore gear...which takes 11 to 12 weeks. There's definitely still a place for crafters.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-03-26 at 12:17 AM.