10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutler View Post
    so today while doing my expert roulette i ran into a tank with a flawless jhonny bravo costume

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/1137230/
    i would pay for his name change

So if one's FC were to be completely deserted how does the only remaining person convert the FC house into a private residence?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So if one's FC were to be completely deserted how does the only remaining person convert the FC house into a private residence?
    I believe you have to relinquish the land and then buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Considering the FFX themed minions maybe the glamor will be too.

It'd be awesome to get either Tidus, Auron or Wakka glamour for males and for females Yuna, Rikku or Paine glamor from FFX-2

i'm totally subbing to the fan festival purely for the minion/outfit Shame i'll get the Yuna minion, i'd rather Rikku
    Ew, Yuna or Rikku from X-2? No. If we get a Yuna glamour, it should (and I'd bet WILL) be the original FFX outfit. That is the representation of the character. Her X-2 set looked more like FF Tomb Raider representation. Rikku isn't as much a stark contrast, but those arm warmer sleeves with ribbons all the way down I thought looked horrible.

I'm sure plenty would agree with Eleccybubb on a Lulu caster set too. Hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.. all these fun sets behind a RL-cash paywall.
    Have to admit. I'm not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm not interested in watching Fan Festival, but I do want those minions and "top secret glamour outfit".

Until they change things in-game, your inventory is a fan of the paywall preventing you having it? Always look on the briiiight side of life. *whistle*

Here's an interview with Yoshida!

4.0 MSQ is just about complete.
    They're considering a level boost similar to WoW
    4.0 won't be 100% locked behind 2.0 and 3.0 MSQ it sounds like
    People have been asking for Weeping City nerfs, but the team feels their mistake was Void Ark was too easy and players got complacent (I'll agree WC feels on par with CT Trio in terms of difficulty)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm not interested in watching Fan Festival, but I do want those minions and "top secret glamour outfit".
    But, but.... 4.0 expansion announcement! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They're considering a level boost similar to WoW
    And I'm hoping that they won't do it.

At face value and/or kneejerk reaction, I am not a fan of the idea of a level boost. Especially considering the bullet that follows (as posted by Faroth) in that 4.0 won't be totally locked behind 2.0 and/or 3.0 story. While I'm overall happy with the story line (despite it's ups and downs), to expect new or returning people to do all of ARR MSQ and HW MSQ is pretty wild. I don't know how fast the ARR portion is now since they increased the XP, but 2-3 months to go from new character to being done with HW MSQ seems legit.

To borrow from what I posted on Reddit:
    The closest example I can think of that may make some sense, if they added these potions, would be something akin to Guild Wars 1's Factions. People who have been playing the game end up shipped in to Capital City Harbor or whatever, where they pick up where they left off at the end of 3.x. There could be some sort of smaller island/area for the boosted/jumped characters, which goes through basics to everything for whatever class/job they chose to start with. Once they complete everything there, they then end up in the Capital City Harbor with other players of that level.
    So perhaps going into 4.0 we're gonna have some sort of "blank slate", perhaps? Or some sort of event akin to events in FF4, when the party leaves from Fabul en route to Mysidia only to get their shit (er ship) wrecked by Leviathan and everyone sent off in all sorts of directions? Although in this game's case, it wouldn't be Leviathan causing this.

It's part's fun and scary to brainstorm how such a thing could be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another region-exclusive item, eh?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...xclusive-mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Until they change things in-game, your inventory is a fan of the paywall preventing you having it? Always look on the briiiight side of life. *whistle*
    I always want to strangle these "overly joyous, only look at the good stuff!11" people. Ugh.

Cool stuff being behind a paywall isn't that bad IMO.If it's a temporary, limited time thing, then yeah I have a little issue with that because some people just don't have the chance to pay that money in that time frame and lose out on the opportunity. If the items end up on the regular mogstation item list, no big deal. In some cases I like paid for items, they really only serve to increase the income of the game and it gets paid back to us anyway. None of them are game changing, and are totally optional.

I understand why some people wouldn't like items to be behind a paywall, it's a barrier some people can't get passed (or in some cases refuse to, for several reasons) but I ultimately think they're good for the game and a fun thing to have.

Not overly fond of how more and more stuff is showing up in the cash shop, but so long as it all remains cosmetic stuff only, while they still provide cool looking stuff that can only be acquired by playing the game, I don't mind. Heck, they may see an Odin mount purchase from me if/when it becomes flight capable (they alluded to that possibility at E3).

[Cha-La Head Cha-La Intensifies]

I feel like we're at an important point the game's development where Yoshida needs to reconsider his stance on certain matters. I'm growing very concerned by the following factors:

- More and more 'exclusive' items are being created for specific regions.
    - The frequency of new items added to the Mog Station has increased by quite a bit.
    - The possibility of being able to skip large portions of the game's content has been proposed. I am not happy with that - because FFXIV has been designed to ensure that old content remains relevant.
    - The money earned from these gimmicks isn't necessarily going into FFXIV itself. FFXV has been heavily funded by FFXIV at a time where the developers are on record stating that they need a bigger team and more funding.
    - The latest Live Letter spent a troubling amount of time advertising new products for people to buy.

I liked the idea some people on reddit proposed that instead of letting us skip through 2.x and 3.x that instead they prune some of the stuff from the ARR patch content. That's the real elephant in the room. 1-50 is really fast these days but it grinds to a snails pace when you start doing the patch content. Possibly even maybe instead of having people do the dungeons, just play a cutscene instead.

In the end I'm personally not that afraid as I feel for the most part the developers have been doing quite a good job so far when it comes to player concerns. When the patch cycle starts to resemble something like WoWs is when I'd start to worry.

And I'm hoping that they won't do it.
    It's interesting to me since Yoshida seems to be looking at it in an... interesting way. It sounds, to me at least, like he's debating the idea of a level boost and having parts of 4.0 accessible, but the MSQ still requiring to be played to continue it. It sounds like they're looking for a way for new and returning players to play with friends, but aren't planning on disregarding the importance of playing through the story.

For me, I thought the xp boost worked fine. They could go back and trim out some MSQ quests that were mostly just filler to streamline them a bit, but I don't like the idea of insta-boost either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I don't know how fast the ARR portion is now since they increased the XP, but 2-3 months to go from new character to being done with HW MSQ seems legit.
    It took me a couple of weeks of side play to get my alt from 20 to 50 doing nothing but MSQ. I was still doing stuff on my main. (And I'm not full blown crazy. I just had an idea for this alt's private chambers and really wanted to design/make it. So I'm crazy, but not "keep 2 characters ongoing" crazy).

I always want to strangle these "overly joyous, only look at the good stuff!11" people. Ugh.
    Well, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. That's the song from the end of Monty Python's Life of Brian. They sing it while hanging from being crucified. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Not overly fond of how more and more stuff is showing up in the cash shop, but so long as it all remains cosmetic stuff only, while they still provide cool looking stuff that can only be acquired by playing the game, I don't mind. Heck, they may see an Odin mount purchase from me if/when it becomes flight capable (they alluded to that possibility at E3).
    I like one side of it. I like that there are one time events or that holiday gear actually changes year to year and if you're playing, you can get it by playing. But if you missed it and want it later, it's typically added to the shop and you can still get it.

I don't terribly mind the occasional mount or the glamour outfits since they're solely cosmetic, but I kind of wish there was *some* method of potential acquisition in-game, even if it was extremely rare and untradeable map drops or something.

Magitek recolors? I don't mind at all. It's just a repaint.
    Old items and emotes that were from time limited events, I don't mind. That's a nice way of letting new players still have some way of accessing them and they're typically not that important.
    Glamour sets? I...understand them being just cosmetic, but kinda wish they had a limited time method of game acquisition or an extremely rare chance of getting them in-game.
    Unique minions and mounts? Same thing. They're just cosmetic, but I would like a rare or time limited ability to get them before they're on the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    - The latest Live Letter spent a troubling amount of time advertising new products for people to buy.
    I didn't think so. They showed off the Carbuncle plushes on live letter. They showed off the Postmoogle on live letter. They didn't spend all that much time showing off Cait Sith and my stream died like 5 minutes before they wrapped up and they barely mentioned the Moogle house shoes. Plus they didn't have all that much to discuss since they're holding their cards for Fan Fest in 4 months.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-06-17 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Cool stuff being behind a paywall isn't that bad IMO.If it's a temporary, limited time thing, then yeah I have a little issue with that because some people just don't have the chance to pay that money in that time frame and lose out on the opportunity. If the items end up on the regular mogstation item list, no big deal. In some cases I like paid for items, they really only serve to increase the income of the game and it gets paid back to us anyway. None of them are game changing, and are totally optional.
    To be absolutely blunt: It's a SUBSCRIPTION MMO.
    They shouldn't even have a cash shop since they already get 120€ + expansion money from us per year.

I do hope that they put the items into the shop permanently, but I think this will be akin to Blizzcon items. Limited etc.

I just hope that if they ever do an Aerith equip I don't have to pay for that one.
    Knowing my luck, will probably be tied to ordering a certain console game remake. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. That's the song from the end of Monty Python's Life of Brian. They sing it while hanging from being crucified. >_>
    Don't worry, I got the sarcasm.

Though technically speaking, such sets don't end up in the inventory but rather in the weird "speshil™ item" box, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have had some new recruits in FC and I've been following their journey.. and leveling nowadays isn't slow.

Heck, we even have some level 60's who still have their green leaf -status active.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    - The possibility of being able to skip large portions of the game's content has been proposed. I am not happy with that - because FFXIV has been designed to ensure that old content remains relevant.
    As someone who started playing less than a month ago, I think forcing new players (or even alt characters, if you have those for some reason) to complete all the level 50 MSQ before moving onto the relevant expansion content is overkill. It should remain an optional path, but not gate you from going to Heavensward content for 100ish quests.