So far tanking is really fun for me on PLD. I spend a ton of time riding the line just barely holding threat, rotating Goring on as many mobs as I can, using sword oath as frequently as possible, and burning all my MP on Holy Spirit. I can't wait till ACT is out of Beta so I can see if my fun level is matching my performance haha.

Bardam's Mettle was a ton of fun. Very engaging dungeon. Susano was pretty trivial, and honestly I didn't understand the QTE thing and didn't realize it was a giant button I was supposed to repeatedly click until I got it again for my roulette. I thought it told me to mash buttons so I did on my keyboard and I still didn't fail it? That seemed a bit odd. Looking forward to it on EX, but my buddies who rushed to 70 1 shot it, so my hopes aren't too high.

Working on finishing up Azim Steppe now.

431k for a Fate in Ruby Sea. With Twist and Bonus XP. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm stoked about these changes. Leveling my other classes is going to be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I haven't seen that bonus mob thing that spawns that's suppose to give extra exp from rubbing continuous fates
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I've seen one with a bonus, made 70k ish fate go to near 300k xp

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its just that Im level 62 as a SCH, but I havent really had true mana issues yet. Yeah, I need to keep an eye on it, but rotating Aetherflow with Lucid Dreams Im fine. Unless the dps suck and the fight takes way too long.

but my bf is a Paladin, so we're pretty in tune with each other.

I am dpsing more since cleric stance is now a buff and not a penalty to healing stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I was disappointed when Raen treated me as normal outsider.
    I felt the same doing the Archer quests and the dude basically saying "You do not understand what it is to be a Wildwood Elezen!"

Regarding Summoner, I think I could possibly get used to most of the changes in the job eventually, but there are a few things that too need to be addresed and changed. The big one being that Aethertrail Attunement drops if you teleport or change zones. I assume they did that to prevent people "abusing" it on the pull, but it could just an oversight. It's exceedingly annoying either way and I think it should be changed. I mean at most it means you'd be able to possibly squeeze 1 more Bahamut into a boss fight.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Maybe its just that Im level 62 as a SCH, but I havent really had true mana issues yet. Yeah, I need to keep an eye on it, but rotating Aetherflow with Lucid Dreams Im fine. Unless the dps suck and the fight takes way too long.

but my bf is a Paladin, so we're pretty in tune with each other.

I am dpsing more since cleric stance is now a buff and not a penalty to healing stance.
    I think a lot of people are not taking lucid dreams as a role move thinking it's pre 4.0 sch where they don't need it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think a lot of people are not taking lucid dreams as a role move thinking it's pre 4.0 sch where they don't need it
    Although kinda sucks where there's 6 things I want but only have room for 5. So...took away one of the thoroughputs for swiftcast cause I end up swiftcast rezzing more often than not.

but lucid Dreams saves lives people!

Although kinda sucks where there's 6 things I want but only have room for 5. So...took away one of the thoroughputs for swiftcast cause I end up swiftcast rezzing more often than not.

That's the one thing I don't like On my WHM I feel like I have to use pretty much the same build as before the expansion without the option to choose any of the new skills. Protect/esuna/shroud/swiftcast/largesse whereas I'd like to try rescue or maybe break to make leveling a little less dull. I feel like esuna and maybe even protect should baseline, they seem like pretty mandatory "choices".

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    That's the one thing I don't like On my WHM I feel like I have to use pretty much the same build as before the expansion without the option to choose any of the new skills. Protect/esuna/shroud/swiftcast/largesse whereas I'd like to try rescue or maybe break to make leveling a little less dull. I feel like esuna and maybe even protect should baseline, they seem like pretty mandatory "choices".
    Feel the same way, something that's a core role ability, like condition removal, should be automatic. Not a 'choice' to take.

Same. It feels like 4 of the role skills are mandatory with little room for options

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Feel the same way, something that's a core role ability, like condition removal, should be automatic. Not a 'choice' to take.
    Yes this. Like why is esuna a role ability shit is mandatory. Instead of it being a role action everyone should have gotten it. Protect too

Yes this. Like why is esuna a role ability shit is mandatory. Instead of it being a role action everyone should have gotten it. Protect too
    When there is nothing to Esuna, it's a waste. When there is 2 healers, Protect is a waste on one of them.

I think where it'll get interesting is when you're doing organised group content. Only one healer needs to take Protect, allowing the other to take something else.

Esuna on the other hand is going to be one that's more fluid. There are going to be times when you'll need it, and others when it's just taking up barspace. It's one you can swap around on an as needed basis with very little penalty. Depending on how frequently you're going to need it, you could also have a Scholar faerie handle it and run without Esuna at all too. It's the very definition of a situational skill, hence why it should be in the job action pool rather than a class skill.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    When there is nothing to Esuna, it's a waste. When there is 2 healers, Protect is a waste on one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think where it'll get interesting is when you're doing organised group content. Only one healer needs to take Protect, allowing the other to take something else.

Esuna on the other hand is going to be one that's more fluid. There are going to be times when you'll need it, and others when it's just taking up barspace. It's one you can swap around on an as needed basis with very little penalty. Depending on how frequently you're going to need it, you could also have a Scholar faerie handle it and run without Esuna at all too. It's the very definition of a situational skill, hence why it should be in the job action pool rather than a class skill.
    That thought process is basically designing the game around absolutely nothing but 8 player end game content, which is a very bad idea. Even if that is all you personally enjoy, from a design perspective it is fundamentally flawed.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Yea. I was just picking a rage discussion at random. I've heard SCH are the most salty atm too.

I'm a SCH, and yes, MP is a thing now. We got our dps smacked with a nerf bat too.

They cut the MP regained from aetherflow in half. I think the MP issues are more gear related though. Tanks are getting hit like trucks, my heals are not as powerful (comparatively to HW endgame), less active regen, and less piety. It will sort itself out with gear though. It already feels a lot better in half tomestone gear at 70.

It also seems to me like warriors are getting hit a lot harder right now. Small arbitrary sample size, and it could be this guy just wasn't that good (or that geared). I saw A LOT of the same people at 70 when it was just me and a handful of others who made it past Cold Steel. I'm sure it's better now. Couldn't play yesterday cause of the DDoS.
    Nah I feel squishy as a war

And I think it is because the new role skill also refers mana. Ya know the enmity lowering one?

Surviving through the Early Access without a single DC or error of any kind, now I get constant DCs with error 90006, and every time I enjoy the 1400+ queue...Funny that now the players who used to DC all the time no longer face this issue. Not to mention massive lag when I finally get in, that starts right after I change the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    That thought process is basically designing the game around absolutely nothing but 8 player end game content, which is a very bad idea. Even if that is all you personally enjoy, from a design perspective it is fundamentally flawed.
    Not really, the reason why Provoke is a role action (while many thinks it's a "core skill") is because it's useless when doing solo content for exemple, giving you something more useful.

When you don't need Esuna (even in 4 man content or some solo things) you can just choose something else.

The Role Actions system is here to, imo, give player(s) a mean to customize their skills based on the content they are doing and on the composition of the group (be it 1, 4 or 8). Of course it's easier and at it's best when it is used with an organized group but even with random and solo it's a good system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, the reason why Provoke is a role action (while many thinks it's a "core skill") is because it's useless when doing solo content for exemple, giving you something more useful.

When you don't need Esuna (even in 4 man content or some solo things) you can just choose something else.

The Role Actions system is here to, imo, give player(s) a mean to customize their skills based on the content they are doing and on the composition of the group (be it 1, 4 or 8). Of course it's easier and at it's best when it is used with an organized group.
    Agreee though I DO so miss flash and a few other skills I put on my war..also miss blood for blood on dps imagine a Sam with that helloooo crazy high dps

And it's fun to use Jump when there are AoE circles everywhere...oh wait you'll probably eat the AoE because when you jump you seem to be in every point between your initial position and your target. Fun times...

To be honest with all the shit and downtime going on in fights in SB...Dragoon is not in a good position imo. You need to know the fight perfectly for optimal output compare to some of the other dps...but weirdly enough this optimal DPS is on par with BRD and MCH (on the low end that means) who don't have any problem with mechanics anymore (yay no cast...)
    I just started playing and some of the lancer and dragoon skills don't seem to have enough impact to make it into my rotation. Jump isn't useful at all and then there's Impulse Drive which as far as 32, doesn't do anything other than base damage and eats up a cooldown. Not sure if I should spam that or keep rotating combos. I'm just confused, when do I use a spell that doesn't trigger a combo instead of using my combo moves when they all do moderate damage, but the combos do more? Like, why do those skills even exist?