Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Our first run of Rabanastre was on a Thursday and after the first wipe, someone commented "YOU GUYS AREN'T PERFECT 2 DAYS AFTER RELEASE?!" We all had a good chuckle.
    I participated in such shenanigans myself. "y'all should've done this on PTR already".

On the note about the way markers...Rabanastre would be a shit show without them. Oh you have people from each group all near the south sand sphere? Lol, watch 3 people next to one another get stack markers.

I really like all the way marks. Even if it's not totally needed, it's a lot easier to gauge at a glance where you need to be - and can be seen from your map so you don't have to scroll around.

Incorrect positioning is a cause of wipes, and probably a big cause. To maximize chances of success, you should try to control for as many variables as you can. Why not try to remove that as an issue before you even start? Throwing up marks takes all of a minute.

And I don't know about everyone else, but sometimes it gets easy to get turned around, especially on fights like Catastrophe and Neo Exdeath where I may reposition the boss or they might reposition themselves to different cardinal/intercardinal points several times before needing to know where exactly I am (on Neo, he's always "North" to us, so that makes it easier, but there are so many other reasons to use markers on that fight)

I just had a very smooth run in Rabanastre and won a roll on one of the cards. I lost a roll on the RDM gloves, though. I might try running it again tomorrow.

I need to keep running Rabanastre for the legs for my RDM. Crit-DH is amazing as hell.

Right now though I'm kind of focused on getting my alt (AN ALT ON FF14?!) into Stormblood. Still debating between SCH and WHM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I just had a very smooth run in Rabanastre and won a roll on one of the cards. I lost a roll on the RDM gloves, though. I might try running it again tomorrow.
    My run last week had EVERY drop be MNK/SAM gear. In a party of nothing but RDM/BRD and /BLM dps.

-additionally where did all the summoners go? i've seen one in like the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    My run last week had EVERY drop be MNK/SAM gear. In a party of nothing but RDM/BRD and /BLM dps.

-additionally where did all the summoners go? i've seen one in like the last month.
    MCH, MNK and SMN are pretty rare these days it seems. I see them around from time to time but they're not a common sight at all.

I put it down - mostly - to BRD being smoother/easier to play than MCH, SAM being the new 'hard hitter' melee DPS with no utility (which, let's be honest...is what a lot of tunnel vision melee DPS desired...) and then SMN is just very clunky and awkward to play when compared to RDM and BLM.

I have a soft spot for MCH since I love the aesthetics...but despite tolerating it through the entirety of 3.0 I just can't bring myself to bother with it anymore. SAM tempted me up until 4.1 but then the novelty wore off in favour of RDM. The ability to raise and heal in combat has prevented a number of wipes already.

I barely see MCH and MNK but I see SMN all the time. They're THE FOTM caster at the moment because of damage, utility and mobility.

Honestly when it comes to MCH I personally really miss HW MCH... really am not a fan of the heat gauge. It would remain my main if it stayed the exact same as it was in 3.4.

With MNK, at least, I'd attribute part of it to Riddle of Fire; going from frantically having to hit keys like a pianist to having to slow things down to a crawl (even if it permits double weaving)...it's an adjustment. Sounds easier than what it is when you're used to "gotta go fast" and barely having time to weave oGCDs. On top of that, it's rather annoying to see that the penalty for missing positionals has been rendered fairly obsolete for every other melee aside from MNK, and there's always the "ermagerd muh stacks"...which doesn't bug me quite as much, having come from a background of HW BLM and the awfulness that was losing Enochian back then.

That said, the job's still decent; the level 62 passive letting it gain chakra stacks from crits is soooo good. No longer is Forbidden Chakra a once or twice a fight ability. Still think Brotherhood should be a 5% damage increase for everyone (not just physical damage), and also have it affect the MNK themselves. May not make MNK part of the meta, but it would definitely be more viable in the event someone is good/great at the job but shit at other ones or simply doesn't care to play them.

Then again, it's easy for a MNK player to pick up a katana and go "holy shit, this job is easy af" and decide not to swap back. I hated SAM until past 62, but from that point on, I could see why people liked playing it. It's hard to not do decent dps on SAM.

On that note, Rabanasty has shit out MNK/SAM gear like crazy every time I've run it. I did manage to pick up the healer chest, and my FC friend (and cohealer) grabbed the BRD/MCH boots. Finally saw some of the DRG loot drop from there after 3-4 runs total, and have to say it's nicely itemized...crit + dh out the wazoo on at least gloves and pants. Tank gear has been virtually nonexistent from what I've seen.

'Who keeps changing the FC orchestrion to the Garlean anthem?'

I wonder who it could be...

Anyone been tuning in to any of the Ultimate Bahamut streams? I've only checked in occasionally, but some of the stuff people have made clips of has been both hilarious and "how the fuck do you deal with that?".

I'm thinking it'll be cleared before the weekend, crazy enough. There are groups who've easily put in double digit hours on the fight since servers went up.

Running Rabanastre today at 6 PM EST on primal if anyone wants to tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Anyone been tuning in to any of the Ultimate Bahamut streams? I've only checked in occasionally, but some of the stuff people have made clips of has been both hilarious and "how the fuck do you deal with that?".

I'm thinking it'll be cleared before the weekend, crazy enough. There are groups who've easily put in double digit hours on the fight since servers went up.
    I saw the intro to phase three I believe it was were Bahamut throws Dalamud at you. Rofl.

Running Rabanastre today at 6 PM EST on primal if anyone wants to tag along.
    Now they just need to combine both data centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I saw the intro to phase three I believe it was were Bahamut throws Dalamud at you. Rofl.

Now they just need to combine both data centers.
    The attack featuring Dalamud is literally called Seventh Umbral Era...lol.

This shit is hilarious to me.

Xenosys's group getting wrecked by phase 2(?) transition

5150 (JP prog team) getting gangbanged by dragons

Plenty more scattered about on Twitch, Twitter, etc.

Oh, and add my vote to the "combine the datacenters into regions" so that all of us in NA could team up if desired.

Would certainly be nice if we could!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Would certainly be nice if we could!
    *sits on Wreck's shoulders, pewpew wiffa BRD*

On a side note, this was my last week doing 30 runs in POTD for Tomestones, at least until 4.2 when I see if the new ones get put in there or not. Next week I'll do a last 9 runs to finish out Creation.

@Faroth. This one is for you buddy.

So no one wanted to join me in my Rabanastre adventure (too early for ya'll cats I guess). I brought 2 static buddies with me.

So, we get to first boss, and a tank from alliance A or whatever just runs in and pulls, no waymarks, countdowns etc. Somehow, despite being in Sword Oath, I end up main tanking this boss after like a minute. I decide.

My healer lets me get down to like 20% HP and sits there. Mind you I'm not the kind of tank who "panics" and clemency's or pops cooldowns for that stuff. I trust my healers, even pug ones. If I die, it's because they made a mistake and I want them to see that. He lets me get down to literally 4k HP, then bene's me. Ok solid. He does this again later in the fight, so now I know he's doing it intentionally. I can dig that.

I don't know how but the other 2 alliances die. Then somehow mine starts dying? I literally solo the last 2% of the boss myself... I also ended up #3 in overall damage. Only surpassed by the 2 friends I brought myself. Ruh Roh me thinks.

We 1 shot second boss, no issues here. Other tank gladly MT'd for me which was nice. I think I was #5 again.

We 1 shot third boss. No issues here. I was like 8th. People got better it seemed. I also scrubbed it up and got hit by trample.

We 1 shot last boss, but I died because some idiot stacked on us last second that shouldn't have. Me and some rando DRG were sitting cool stacked, and some idiot comes running over like lol im a fun gai let me stack and gets us 3 killed. I didn't even get ressed for the last half of the fight lol.

Other than that trap ass first boss, was clean.

The PLD belt dropped twice... Bleh I want the boots/legs. The helm dropped, but honestly I'm not that interested in it.

Nothing else really exciting happened though

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    *sits on Wreck's shoulders, pewpew wiffa BRD*

On a side note, this was my last week doing 30 runs in POTD for Tomestones, at least until 4.2 when I see if the new ones get put in there or not. Next week I'll do a last 9 runs to finish out Creation.
    That sounds awful. You could have came, just gotta shoot me a PM so I can find you on PF. I do plan on running probably once more sometime soon, for another shot to get legs/boots.

That sounds awful. You could have came, just gotta shoot me a PM so I can find you on PF. I do plan on running probably once more sometime soon, for another shot to get legs/boots.
    I'm fine, thanks. The joke being I'd have to sit on top of you so you can carry my high-ping ass through the mechanics.

I do enjoy POTD, esp. since I can run-and-gun through and pretty much LOL at everything cos Sustain Pots, but I would like to see a new Deep Dungeon soon. Maybe around 4.3.

So with MCH if my RNG combo doesn't proc do I restart the combo?

Obviously I'm using reload to get a combo off but so far not liking this job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So with MCH if my RNG combo doesn't proc do I restart the combo?

Obviously I'm using reload to get a combo off but so far not liking this job.
    With the shortened cd on reload + quick reload, it's a lot less RNG prone that I recall it being during HW, but that's coming from someone who just started leveling MCH again from 60-70 (currently at 68) after having not played it in a year or longer, and with my experience with the job being merely that of leveling, I'm not going to call myself an expert on the subject matter. The windows/gaps in which I find myself having to fish (and hope) for procs is much smaller than I recall it being.

@Faroth. This one is for you buddy.
    Has the curse been broken?!

Or is it merely to spring something worse upon you later?