Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Moreso you and @Faroth are very pro the little guy based on previous discussions. I was curious if you felt one particular party was "in the right", or if you had any input into whether what I did, or what the PLD did being "toxic" etc. etc. Merely curious for your personal POV.
    Despite being 50, did they still have the sprout icon?

Regardless of that:

1. If they were doing nothing but flash and shield lob, whoo boy, that's bad. Without chat logs, it's hard to pin down how hard I'd condemn because there's a difference between "This is better than my combo" (just plain ignorance) and "YOU DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!" (just plain jackassery) and "Lulz, Imma Captain America this dungeon" (just plain trolling). With the information available, he was flashing for aggro and just shield lobbing for the most part, that seems like troll or still ignorant noob. With the speed of leveling and lack of running dungeons (especially if they've been doing more quests than MSQ), it's possible they're still ignorant rather than trolling. That's a fairly generous serving of doubt benefit, but I can see the possibility.

(Sidenote: I'm particularly confused, however, why so many in the thread were talking about all the other abilities he would have at 50, but wouldn't have access to in that dungeon. That seems irrelevant in the situation.)

2. If during the run it wasn't clear if they were a legit noob doing noobish tanking that needed some guidance, the better way to establish a mentoring position to them would have been to tell the toxic healer/dps with the "drink bleach" macros to knock it off and take the stand in party chat rather than reporting them after the fact. Once you do that, if the player is new and willing to listen you're going to be better endeared to them and they're going to be more willing to listen to advice and open to establishing a mentor relationship with the player that stood up for them.

Waiting until the last boss to kick seems petty to me, though I also don't know how long it took you to get there and I don't recall how long you have to wait before you can initiate a vote kick. If it seemed like they were trolling or refused to listen, I agree with the sentiment of kicking them sooner if the option is available rather than waiting til the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Waiting until the last boss to kick seems petty to me, though I also don't know how long it took you to get there and I don't recall how long you have to wait before you can initiate a vote kick.
    Five minutes minimum into the duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Five minutes minimum into the duty.
    Wasn't it 15 minutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had an interesting experience. Feel free to read my post first: (might need to scroll up a hair)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...53#post4603153

Then read this:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ht-before-boss
    I know I am late to this party, but.....
    Beautiful.

Though honestly I think this all boils down to what I have always said when it comes down to this shit, if SE just let you whisper other players in a Duty group, or fuck I don't know? Maybe let you whisper a player in -your- duty group it could fix these issues. Party chat being the only communication source can lead to the backfire effect. Whispers might seem less aggressive and more personal.

Or maybe the guy is just a stubborn dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    new patch is up and servers are up

10+ Year Old Account
    After spending an hour getting to level 2 and then ~25mins to 3, I can say it'll take a loong time until I become 30+.

Just wish the experience gain wasn't so slow.

"White Mage"
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2018-03-13 at 12:29 PM.

Hm, so no mention of Relic weapons in relation to Eureka yet. I wonder if the Elemental Weapon in Eureka, when fully powered, is basically Step 1 of the Relic chain this expansion. Or for that matter if the Eureka elemental weapons are fully replacing the relic quest chain for Stormblood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wish Eureka would have been more tightly instanced - not really happy about going to adventure and seeing couple thousand other players killing everything in sight.

So I haven't logged on since the patch dropped to try Eureka.

What are peoples thoughts of Eureka so far? I'm hearing overwhelmingly bad stuff from reddit, and while it sounds logically based and well founded, i'd be curious what others think.

What are peoples thoughts of Eureka so far? I'm hearing overwhelmingly bad stuff from reddit, and while it sounds logically based and well founded, i'd be curious what others think.
    The delay was not justified. Should have been here in 4.15 for what it essentially is.

Mostly just mindless mob grinding. Nothing more. It's nothing spectacular and could use some tweaks. Specifically to XP gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, so no mention of Relic weapons in relation to Eureka yet. I wonder if the Elemental Weapon in Eureka, when fully powered, is basically Step 1 of the Relic chain this expansion. Or for that matter if the Eureka elemental weapons are fully replacing the relic quest chain for Stormblood.
    Nope.

You farm 100 Protean Crystals for the first stage which have a chance to drop from killing mobs... yay RNG.

Then it's like 700 or something for the next 2 upgrades and then you need some special crystals for the last stage.

Also you need your base Antiquated stuff as well as the crystals to do the first upgrade.

Gerolt sells all the stuff related to the relics. It's like Dynamis in FF11 with +1/+2 gear basically.

Grinding mobs in Eureka will only get you so far XP-wise. The real prize is doing the FATEs. I got over 2k XP from completing one of those. My personal experience was after about a half-hour chewing through mobs and doing one FATE, I was lvl 3 and had 19 Protean Crystals and 3 Atemos Crystals.

I'm starting to think most of the delay for Eureka was from a technical side. They probably had to do a lot to do what they did in an instance there. Changing jobs, leaving parties and joining new ones, over a hundred players and so on.

As far as fun I think it's pretty fun if you're into the old school type of grind... but like Anza said I wish it was less people per instance. The EXP you get from a mob if someone else is attacking it and they're not in your party is atrocious. Even then leveling still feels somewhat slow. FATE's give a crap ton but they don't spawn that often.

Crystals are a different story though. After hitting level 4 I've only gotten 39 and you need a thousand or something to finish the relic at the moment. From what I've read is that you get a ton more at level 21+ so we'll see if that's true. If it is then it's not that bad because the elemental levels are shared between classes.

Eureka really has just proven to me that Square is just doing the bare minimum with this game. Stormblood was already lazyily done and more or less a copy of Heavensward but somehow with even less content and the patches were all pretty barren as well. Blizzard was destroyed by the playerbase and gaming media for doing something similar with WoD and I really wonder how much longer Square is going to get a pass for such bad game development.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2018-03-13 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh Eureka doesn't sound fun or entertaining at all.

Seriously? Mob grinds in 2018?

Doesn't reddit absolutely hate everything new on patch day, though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Crystals are a different story though. After hitting level 4 I've only gotten 39 and you need a thousand or something to finish the relic at the moment. From what I've read is that you get a ton more at level 21+ so we'll see if that's true. If it is then it's not that bad because the elemental levels are shared between classes.
    Don't forget xp chains - those increase drop rates as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Just wish Eureka would have been more tightly instanced - not really happy about going to adventure and seeing couple thousand other players killing everything in sight.
    It's capped around 100 players. And that might be a long term choice. It's packed now, but as people drift away from the newness, having more people funneled together may prove better in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Grinding mobs in Eureka will only get you so far XP-wise. The real prize is doing the FATEs. I got over 2k XP from completing one of those. My personal experience was after about a half-hour chewing through mobs and doing one FATE, I was lvl 3 and had 19 Protean Crystals and 3 Atemos Crystals.
    Are the FATEs the notorious monsters or are those two separate things?

Are the FATEs the notorious monsters or are those two separate things?
    Yes, the NM's, at least as far as I've seen. Kinda like fighting an S-Rank, IMO.

Don't forget xp chains - those increase drop rates as well.
    I could be wrong but I think you get a guaranteed drop at chain 30. Of course I could have just been lucky so it just seemed that way.

Yes, the NM's, at least as far as I've seen. Kinda like fighting an S-Rank, IMO.
    They have more mechanics than S-Ranks though, not a lot but the one I've done had a stack mechanic like in a raid.

Gods not Eureka related but its so triggering when a Black Mage with 350 item level is doing 2.7k DPS in O5S while here I'm doing 6K on my SMN and he gets the gear drop.

From what friends are saying, it sounds like leashes are still present, but they're really long so it's a long escape...

However, they're not sure if mobs can aggro after giving up pursuit and returning to their start. Can anyone confirm if they do?

Because if they will aggro at any time regardless of where they are in pursuit or abandoning pursuit, I am devilishly happy to see the fear of trains stricken into the hearts of nooblets who started MMOs with WoW. >:3

Friends are also reporting a LOT of shouts requesting raises. The elemental resistances are wrecking people it sounds like.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's capped around 100 players. And that might be a long term choice. It's packed now, but as people drift away from the newness, having more people funneled together may prove better in the long run.
    Maybe, but no matter how many people they throw in there, I'm not going to group up with some random player. Annoying part is that pretty much 90% of my friendlist transfer'd to Balmung just before they closed it, and now I'm left alone on Odin, so can't group up with friends.

Guess I'll just wait week or two before venturing in.