Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Considering getting a PS4 copy of Stormblood and coming back so I got a stupid and lazy question.

Did Stormblood change a class enough to where it can be played on one bar? I don't plan to do high end endgame raiding, Just basic stuff u can que for.

Prefer not to play healer and I honestly don't have the reaction time I use to.
    No, they pruned a few abilities and combined others, but the end result is that by the end of Stormblood you have roughly the same amount of abilities to use at end game as you've always had...which is kind of a lot.

I don't want SE to go as far as Blizzard did in pruning abilities, but most classes just have too damn many buttons and could learn a lesson from WoW in that more does not mean more complex or better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering getting a PS4 copy of Stormblood and coming back so I got a stupid and lazy question.

Did Stormblood change a class enough to where it can be played on one bar? I don't plan to do high end endgame raiding, Just basic stuff u can que for.

Prefer not to play healer and I honestly don't have the reaction time I use to.
    Mo but if you tweak the settings you can have a second bar on display at all times and modify it so you swap between two bars and use the afprementioned always active bar as a third..not that you need it all skills can fot on an earlier bar

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No, they pruned a few abilities and combined others, but the end result is that by the end of Stormblood you have roughly the same amount of abilities to use at end game as you've always had...which is kind of a lot.

I don't want SE to go as far as Blizzard did in pruning abilities, but most classes just have too damn many buttons and could learn a lesson from WoW in that more does not mean more complex or better.
    If anything WoW has shown is that some people will hate it and some people will love it. Personally I hate what they have done to WoW and I hope FFXIV doesn't follow that road. Yes more buttons doesn't equal complexity but I like having to constantly press different buttons. I'd say a nice balance would be to make the PVP way the default in terms of rotational abilities with the option to revert to each action having its own button for people like me.

As far as the original question I'd say maybe Summoner. Since you want to play casually then you really don't have to keybind a lot of the stuff and can just leave your pet to do its own thing. Probably can fit everything on a single hot bar with maybe some of the longer cooldowns on a second one for occasional use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    If anything WoW has shown is that some people will hate it and some people will love it. Personally I hate what they have done to WoW and I hope FFXIV doesn't follow that road. Yes more buttons doesn't equal complexity but I like having to constantly press different buttons. I'd say a nice balance would be to make the PVP way the default in terms of rotational abilities with the option to revert to each action having its own button for people like me.
    The first round and even parts of the 2nd round of ability pruning by Blizzard was not that bad, some of my favorite and era's for playing the classes in WoW was MoP-WoD. My many complaints I do have with those two expansions Class design was not one of them.

My philosophy has always been pruning can be good if it feels like a natural evolution, however in my personal opinion Blizzard has taken it way too far.

I would like to see Defiance/Deliverance and Sword Oath/Shield Oath becoming the same button like FC/IB Deci/Cyclone do (There are macros that can make this happen but they are...clunky at times.)
    There are a few DPS Jobs that I think can use some fat trimming, but overall ability bloat in FF14 is bearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I agree with the examples you mentioned. Red Mage is another one when it comes to Jolt 2 and Impact.

Another thing is can they really do a sizable prune to most classes without using the PVP system and removing core abilities? I feel like they can't unless they completely change how classes play.

For example my Red Mage has three full action bars with only two empty spots. Every button is used actively except for a few like Heal and Resurrection. So what could they remove or combine from RDM? Jolt 2 and Impact turned into a dynamic button like Ruin for SMN. The other one is Tether. That's... two. Anything else and the job would feel different. Maaaybe make Verthunder/aero dynamic buttons were they turn into Verholy/Flare but I wonder if that would make sense.

I'm actually curious what some examples people have for whatever they play. I'd imagine a good road map would be were you could comfortably play with two actionbars instead of the current three.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    RDM's melee combo can be squished to a single button, likewise its AoE equivalents.
    I meant outside of that. Not everyone likes that solution. Now if there's an option to turn that off like I said before then I'd be fine.

I don't see why you'd really need to turn it off. Any situations where not using a chain is better are, IMO, bad game design to begin with. I'd expect things like that to get done away with when what I can almost guarantee is the 5.0 Great Button Squish arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to happen but I don't want it to happen.

The less any game I play feels like GW2 the better, I only hope the compressed "combo" system is a PVP gimmick that was invented in attempt to fix cancer that is pvp rather than a beta test for using it in the rest of the game. It's a fool's hope, but it's all I got.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-07-15 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I don't see why you'd really need to turn it off. Any situations where not using a chain is better are, IMO, bad game design to begin with. I'd expect things like that to get done away with when what I can almost guarantee is the 5.0 Great Button Squish arrives.
    Because I don't enjoy pressing one button to do my entire combo? If you enjoy it sure go ahead but I don't and nor do I want to be forced into that because some people don't enjoy having a lot of keybinds.

The less any game I play feels like GW2 the better, I only hope the compressed "combo" system is a PVP gimmick that was invented in attempt to fix cancer that is pvp rather than a beta test for using it in the rest of the game. It's a fool's hope, but it's all I got.
    I enjoy the GW2 system but that game was made ground up for that. Like I said a few times already as long as I can turn it off I'm perfectly fine with the PVP system for the rest of the game. Sadly I doubt they will but its okay there's plenty of other games to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking for tanks:
    Combos are stupid and needlessy eat up button space and keybinds for the sake of it.
    Combos could be intelligent if pressing the end actions w/o the combos would make sense in some instances and the combo was a bonus, you as a player have to figure out when and how often to use. You know, actual skill and decision making.

As it stands now, you either press 1-2-3 or you do not. It never ever makes sense to just press 3 because 3 does nothing on it's own.

As such, it would make 0 difference, gameplay wise, if they removed them from some melee classes.

The bovine was faster, dang it.

I don't understand why pushing more buttons to do the same thing is better, but I guess that's just me. I'm not against options to keep keybinds separate if that's really what people want, but I doubt they'd keep that in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Mo but if you tweak the settings you can have a second bar on display at all times and modify it so you swap between two bars and use the afprementioned always active bar as a third..not that you need it all skills can fot on an earlier bar
    I'm a bit lazy ill admit but that seems like more of a pain in the ass then its worth to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    As far as the original question I'd say maybe Summoner.
    Ya that's my original class so it seems if I come back that's what ill likely stick to.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit lazy ill admit but that seems like more of a pain in the ass then its worth to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya that's my original class so it seems if I come back that's what ill likely stick to.
    It's actually very easy to do. The new bar just requires enabling the w bar function

Another option to link it to say bar 3

Annd you can then just disable swapping by a few boxes in the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It's actually very easy to do. The new bar just requires enabling the w bar function

Another option to link it to say bar 3

Annd you can then just disable swapping by a few boxes in the menu.
    Ya but like I said I'm a bit lazy atm and not wanting to swipe at all, Just 16 buttons max LOL. Thanks for the tips tho ill consider it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ya but like I said I'm a bit lazy atm and not wanting to swipe at all, Just 16 buttons max LOL. Thanks for the tips tho ill consider it.
    Could always just use a mouse/KB on PS4 and go with the traditional hotbar setup.

Less than twenty four hours until we get some details about 4.4 and the Monster Hunter crossover event.

I hope, like the Garo crossover, the event is a permanent addition to the game rather than a temporary thing.

I also really want a palico minion.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Less than twenty four hours until we get more details about 4.4 and the Monster Hunter crossover event.

I hope, like the Garo crossover, the crossover is a permanent addition to the game rather than a temporary thing.

I also really want a palico minion.
    I just wanna know what the 4.4 raid wing is based on.

Calling it now though. Hard mode dungeon will be Neverreap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Could always just use a mouse/KB on PS4 and go with the traditional hotbar setup.
    I've considered it, But that means I would also have to buy a KB&M for my PS4.

Wireless doesn't work on PS4 does it? Never tried it.