Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Fordola is cooler, at least. I'm still mad that she didn't kill anyone when superpowered, though. Great chance to have been rid of Alisaie.
    At least they finally started doing something with her. There for the longest time I was looking at Alphinaud out front for the MSQ and going 'didn't he have like a sister or something?' cos I didn't do the Bahamut raid, it was outdated side content for me as I slogged through the post-2.0 stuff into HW. And then FINALLY they remember she's there and bring her back to give her a little more dimension.

Phew...done with Pagos until light farm is nerfed. Now I can get back to seeing about pug groups for HoH 31+ (my FC group only gets to run it maybe once a week) and Rathalos EX (which I've seen the entire fight but only tried it for one hour). So nice not having the Pagos monkey on my back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Phew...done with Pagos until light farm is nerfed. Now I can get back to seeing about pug groups for HoH 31+ (my FC group only gets to run it maybe once a week) and Rathalos EX (which I've seen the entire fight but only tried it for one hour). So nice not having the Pagos monkey on my back now.
    /Pet Kazela.

As I said you ain't getting me in there. Relic isn't worth that much of a mindless grind.

I mean when 4.4 comes out I'll get the currency one and just wait till I can upgrade it 10 ilvls.

Yes. I'd rather sit there and wait than do Eureka. Says a lot right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes. I'd rather sit there and wait than do Eureka.
    Not much of a difference in gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Not much of a difference in gameplay.
    I was joking.

I mean I'll obviously do other content. Trials, Gold Saucer, Hunts, Gardening etc.

I think 4.4/4.5 will decide whether I take a break from FF14. If they are dead set on Eureka style content in 5.0 then it might be a long one for now.

Where I'd really like to see FF14 go in the future:

1) Refined Combat/Netcode - This means a little less rigidity in the combat system (more synergy between skills, more/varied oGCDs, less binary button presses), a little more customization via Materia (changes to actual skills, etc.), and fix the fucking netcode.

2) Enemy AI improvements - I hate to pivot to WoW, but enemies flee and grab help, enemies enrage, enemies need to be kited, enemies cast dangerous spells, etc. I'm really tired of FF14 enemies only only having auto attacks and telegraphs. Leave "dungeon roulette" alone. Put this kind of stuff in an advanced dungeon function for players who want additional challenge. Make sure #1) above gives players tools to handle this stuff.

3) Rewards - I dont know how/what, but they need to come up with some better ideas for rewards.

4) Side Content - I think housing is cool. It let's people get really creative and design their own space. Other side content should have the same kind of impact.

a) Chocobo Racing, should be your Friday night drunken friends thing. It should be like Mario Kart for the wide appeal, but with FF mechanics. Stuff like opening the boxes gives Materia that varies from summons (Leviathan might cause a tidal wave that carries your Chocobo for a while and you can't control direction, Shiva might freeze the ground, causing you to slide and slow down, Ramuh might cause thunderstorms to randomly strike all of the area, Bahamut might have a laser follow the player in first place hitting anyone who comes near it, etc.). Maybe command materia to allow you to sprint, jump kick, etc (it'd be trivially easy to adopt MK/CTR mechanics into Chocobo Racing via Materia).

b) Battle Arena - have this provide some kind of randomly generated super monster and a roulette to remove perks. Depending on how robust changes to 1/2 are it could/should be solo/4m/8m party size. If it were up to me, it'd have all 3 options.

c) Blitzball - entirely dependent on whether or not netcode is fixed. Absolutely should not be a football mgr. It should be a live action game. For inspiration look at Rocket League + vertical space. PvAI and PVP modes, solo queue, team queue, and spectate options.

d) LoV should have been something like Squadron meets FFT meets RPG Maker. Let us build a team, face monsters/enemies in a FFT styled grid. let people create their own maps/scenarios (look to Starcraft UMS for inspiration). Great way to get FF14 based combat in a different variation.

Side content should be robust and fun and doable with groups (and always solo as well). This way you're casting a wide net.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phew...done with Pagos until light farm is nerfed.
    Grats.
    I can't bring myself to do it atm.

I'm well on my way of crafting the 340 crafter Gear though. Hah, never thought I would do that.

Having a blast with BfA, so in a weird way, I'm kinda happy about not needing to decide between both games atm, only petting Kitty when it's time to raid.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2018-08-29 at 03:44 PM.

/Pet Kazela.

As I said you ain't getting me in there. Relic isn't worth that much of a mindless grind.

I mean when 4.4 comes out I'll get the currency one and just wait till I can upgrade it 10 ilvls.

Yes. I'd rather sit there and wait than do Eureka. Says a lot right there.
    If someone hasn’t started Pagos at this point, that’s my advice to them; ignore it, collect 385 weapon from whatever EX primal in 4.4, profit.

Long term, I’m simply going to try my hand at savage, whether or not I can get my friends to tag along. Should be a much more satisfying way to get gear upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Grats.
    I can't bring myself to do it atm.

I'm well on my way of crafting the 340 crafter Gear though. Hah, never thought I would do that.

Having a blast with BfA, so in a weird way, I'm kinda happy about not needing to decide between both games atm, only petting Kitty when it's time to raid.
    Crafting that gear’s the easy part. Getting it melded our all the way is where the pain kicks in. Still more fun than Pagos, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Where I'd really like to see FF14 go in the future:

1) Refined Combat/Netcode - This means a little less rigidity in the combat system (more synergy between skills, more/varied oGCDs, less binary button presses), a little more customization via Materia (changes to actual skills, etc.), and fix the fucking netcode.

2) Enemy AI improvements - I hate to pivot to WoW, but enemies flee and grab help, enemies enrage, enemies need to be kited, enemies cast dangerous spells, etc. I'm really tired of FF14 enemies only only having auto attacks and telegraphs. Leave "dungeon roulette" alone. Put this kind of stuff in an advanced dungeon function for players who want additional challenge. Make sure #1) above gives players tools to handle this stuff.

3) Rewards - I dont know how/what, but they need to come up with some better ideas for rewards.

4) Side Content - I think housing is cool. It let's people get really creative and design their own space. Other side content should have the same kind of impact.

a) Chocobo Racing, should be your Friday night drunken friends thing. It should be like Mario Kart for the wide appeal, but with FF mechanics. Stuff like opening the boxes gives Materia that varies from summons (Leviathan might cause a tidal wave that carries your Chocobo for a while and you can't control direction, Shiva might freeze the ground, causing you to slide and slow down, Ramuh might cause thunderstorms to randomly strike all of the area, Bahamut might have a laser follow the player in first place hitting anyone who comes near it, etc.). Maybe command materia to allow you to sprint, jump kick, etc (it'd be trivially easy to adopt MK/CTR mechanics into Chocobo Racing via Materia).

b) Battle Arena - have this provide some kind of randomly generated super monster and a roulette to remove perks. Depending on how robust changes to 1/2 are it could/should be solo/4m/8m party size. If it were up to me, it'd have all 3 options.

c) Blitzball - entirely dependent on whether or not netcode is fixed. Absolutely should not be a football mgr. It should be a live action game. For inspiration look at Rocket League + vertical space. PvAI and PVP modes, solo queue, team queue, and spectate options.

d) LoV should have been something like Squadron meets FFT meets RPG Maker. Let us build a team, face monsters/enemies in a FFT styled grid. let people create their own maps/scenarios (look to Starcraft UMS for inspiration). Great way to get FF14 based combat in a different variation.

Side content should be robust and fun and doable with groups (and always solo as well). This way you're casting a wide net.
    Regarding point #2, a new addition in Pagos is adaptations and mutations. So far it’s random as to whether a mob will adapt/mutate (they can only do one or the other). Adaptation is simply “herp derp I’m huge and do more damage now”. Mutations have the mob change form (and more importantly, elemental affinity), which can be scary for a tank that’s -5 levels compared to the mob (which is the ideal level gap for getting xp from mobs there). So they kinda touch on that, but how to import that out of Eureka and into the actual game is another matter.

Regarding point #2, a new addition in Pagos is adaptations and mutations. So far it’s random as to whether a mob will adapt/mutate (they can only do one or the other). Adaptation is simply “herp derp I’m huge and do more damage now”. Mutations have the mob change form (and more importantly, elemental affinity), which can be scary for a tank that’s -5 levels compared to the mob (which is the ideal level gap for getting xp from mobs there). So they kinda touch on that, but how to import that out of Eureka and into the actual game is another matter.
    While I have not played Pagos, my understanding of both of those things are irrelevant from a gameplay standpoint. Other than clicking a wheel, no additional decision points are made. That also only impacts one specific person, one role, etc.

My understanding is limited though so if I'm wrong let me know, but based on your description nothing like what I mentioned.

While I have not played Pagos, my understanding of both of those things are irrelevant from a gameplay standpoint. Other than clicking a wheel, no additional decision points are made. That also only impacts one specific person, one role, etc.

My understanding is limited though so if I'm wrong let me know, but based on your description nothing like what I mentioned.
    It’s only loosely similar to what you’re describing. Yes, you can change your element, but then you have to change back, so that’s 2 out of 5 magic charges right there, and with some of the mobs it’s very easy to get back to back mutations (Anubis mobs come to mind). You can stun most of the mobs to interior the mutation/adaptation cast, but it’s actually counterproductive to do that because mutated/adapted mobs are guaranteed light credit for the light grind.

It’s still a bit of moot point seeing that the whole magic wheel thing is only present in Eureka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting that gear’s the easy part. Getting it melded our all the way is where the pain kicks in. Still more fun than Pagos, though.
    Not going to do that.
    I can already craft 3*** w/o problems, so I don't see the need to play the meld RNG.
    Though melding IVs is easy, considering how cheap they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Long term, I’m simply going to try my hand at savage, whether or not I can get my friends to tag along. Should be a much more satisfying way to get gear upgrades.
    Definitely, it's quite fun. Taxing at times, esp as a healer but fun if you like raiding.

Keep in mind, you can only spin the wheel 5 times before it can't be moved anymore without a long recharge or returning to base camp to recharge, which of course is completely antithetical to trying to chain mobs. Which means either you have to stop it from happening or your healer has to be ready to spam some serious healpower to keep the tank from going from 0 to fukkended. It's not so bad if you have HoTs ticking to help (Sustain Pots are handy there) but it can be more of a surprise than you might think, esp. if the tank is already rotating CD's and lacks a good oshit button up.

Not going to do that.
    I can already craft 3*** w/o problems, so I don't see the need to play the meld RNG.
    Though melding IVs is easy, considering how cheap they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely, it's quite fun. Taxing at times, esp as a healer but fun if you like raiding.
    All the overmelding is to cover the 4* stuff that will be coming in 4.4. I’ve gotten mine done to the point I should be able to easily handle those crafts on day 1. At the risk of sounding arrogant, if I don’t meet the stat requirements, then few if any people will. Only way to best my stats would be to overmeld grade 6 materia on everything and grade 5s all over the tools, which could costs tens of millions of gil...an investment I dont see the devs requiring of us unless they felt particularly sadistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Keep in mind, you can only spin the wheel 5 times before it can't be moved anymore without a long recharge or returning to base camp to recharge, which of course is completely antithetical to trying to chain mobs.
    Not really, if you chain mobs you generally stick to the same element and don't stray far from your spawn point.

- - - Updated - - -

Only way to best my stats would be to overmeld grade 6 materia on everything and grade 5s all over the tools, which could costs tens of millions of gil...an investment I dont see the devs requiring of us unless they felt particularly sadistic.
    Well that wouldn't be a first.
    We shall see how it goes.

Overmelding IVs is okay, overmelding Vs is imho not worth the cost. They are still 80K a pop on my server and you can easily waste 10+ on a single slot, so even if you stick to Vs you would blow through 10s of millions of gil until every slot is saturated.

Not really, if you chain mobs you generally stick to the same element and don't stray far from your spawn point.
    But the context we're talking about is mobs shifting elements when they mutate/adapt/whatever, so unless you are just gonna facetank it in the wrong element, you have to swap to keep from getting two-shot by them. And you can only swap to and back a couple times before you're outta gas, as it were.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_4/

4.4 Preview page. Can't say there is anything special. Dungeon gear is just reused Baelsar/Sohm Al hard set as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    But the context we're talking about is mobs shifting elements when they mutate/adapt/whatever, so unless you are just gonna facetank it in the wrong element, you have to swap to keep from getting two-shot by them. And you can only swap to and back a couple times before you're outta gas, as it were.
    Hmm true, to be honest: I never got the point of the wheel cooldown in the first place.
    It's not as if you could cheese hard mob tactics or anything that way.

Just part of their silly illusion of danger, which they tried to heighten in Pagos by shoving chaingrindhell in people's faces so more players are forced to be active and rooted in a spot and thus not free to roam and res at will.

4.4 Preview page. Can't say there is anything special. Dungeon gear is just reused Baelsar/Sohm Al hard set as well.
    Wouldn’t fret over it much seeing that there should be a trailer and more details with tomorrow’s live letter.

I am a little disappointed in what could’ve been an entire zone (The Burn) being a dungeon instead. Not the first time that’s happened, though (see Xelphatol).

Ugh, new Eureka. *shudder*
    At least The Burn looks pretty interesting.
    I am a little disappointed in what could’ve been an entire zone (The Burn) being a dungeon instead.
    Did they ever add real new zone (not Diadem or Eureka style) in a patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though