Decided to switch to Twin Adder to get the GC Weapons & Armor from GC/Allied Seals (they could have added weapons for SAM/RDM with Allied Seals to be honest), first time trying to earn some Allied Seals...what a fucking pain in the ass, I think I need a Hunt Linkshell else I'm gonna lose my mind. Those pieces cost too much what the heck.
    I need to finish lvling my BLU to get some easy A. Seals too.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-02-24 at 09:13 PM.

I feel like an easy way to make BLU mage able to be dungeoned with would be to disable the "I win" abilities, but then that would also make them too weak because of their 130 potency AoEs they spam not being that impressive.

A good way to fix that would be to have abilities that combo to each other give a secondary debuff empowering the ability anyway, like say the enemy is immune to petrification or not a multiple of 5, Level 5 Petrify leaves a debuff that its only function is to make Drill Cannon hit with its combo potency, that would also very much vary up their gameplay loop.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    < plays exclusively healer / controller. It works pretty well for me anyways. There are however a lot of shortcuts that aren't shown. For example holding down the hot bar (L2 or R2 default) and pressing R1 and L1 will cycle enemies to the right and left respectively so you don't really have to crab claw the controller or stop moving to press the DPAD. I do however swapped L1 and L2 / R1 and R2 but it should still be the same but swapped around.
    I ended up going mouse/keyboard but mainly just because I already knew the key binds and stuff that way. Once I have some time though I do plan to sit down and figure out controller use and it is just so much more comfy for me to lay back with the controller.

Though one thing I noticed is the additional hotbars aren't accessible with a controller? I usually like to keep a small bank of action slots off to the side for stuff like food, teleport/return, so emote actions and eventually favorite mounts/pets; things like that. Doesn't seem to be an option with the controller.

I've got CNJ up to something like 9 with just a few runs through 1-10 in palace though. Feels like alot more time though. I keep finding myself just sort of sitting around listening to the effing music lol. Giving me flashbacks fishing in Windurst.

Still, having alot of fun at least despite more or less being confused 100% of the time. An FC scooped me up though and they've been kind enough to answer questions which has been really helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I ended up going mouse/keyboard but mainly just because I already knew the key binds and stuff that way. Once I have some time though I do plan to sit down and figure out controller use and it is just so much more comfy for me to lay back with the controller.

Though one thing I noticed is the additional hotbars aren't accessible with a controller? I usually like to keep a small bank of action slots off to the side for stuff like food, teleport/return, so emote actions and eventually favorite mounts/pets; things like that. Doesn't seem to be an option with the controller.

I've got CNJ up to something like 9 with just a few runs through 1-10 in palace though. Feels like alot more time though. I keep finding myself just sort of sitting around listening to the effing music lol. Giving me flashbacks fishing in Windurst.

Still, having alot of fun at least despite more or less being confused 100% of the time. An FC scooped me up though and they've been kind enough to answer questions which has been really helpful.
    You can display additional normal hotbars but interacting with them would be a bit more difficult. If you use the PS4 one you could use drivers that allow you to have the touch pad as mouse control (like DS4Windows). You do however have access to 8 cross hot bar set ups.
    There are some stuff you can change in the settings for quick access to certain cross hot bars without changing your current. Going to refer LH as Left Hot bar and RH as Right Hot bar, a bit easier.
    They added some stuff in 3.0(?) like double tapping RH can give you access to a cross hot bar and LH another. Holding RH then LH will give you access to one hot bar or LH > RH will give access to another. Allowing you to quick access different hot bars without swapping the main one you use. Previously you had to just keep manually swap your current hot bar.
    All of these can be changed around in the character config under cross hot bar settings.

Atm this is how my hot bars are all set up. I access set 2 with RH > LH and LH > RH for right / left sides of it. Double tap RH / LH for set 3 left / right. For the emote blob and sets I manually swap to them.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...237578/mew.png
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-02-25 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still waiting for a physical CE slot to open
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You can display additional normal hotbars but interacting with them would be a bit more difficult. If you use the PS4 one you could use drivers that allow you to have the touch pad as mouse control (like DS4Windows). You do however have access to 8 cross hot bar set ups.
    There are some stuff you can change in the settings for quick access to certain cross hot bars without changing your current. Going to refer LH as Left Hot bar and RH as Right Hot bar, a bit easier.
    They added some stuff in 3.0(?) like double tapping RH can give you access to a cross hot bar and LH another. Holding RH then LH will give you access to one hot bar or LH > RH will give access to another. Allowing you to quick access different hot bars without swapping the main one you use. Previously you had to just keep manually swap your current hot bar.
    All of these can be changed around in the character config under cross hot bar settings.

Atm this is how my hot bars are all set up. I access set 2 with RH > LH and LH > RH for right / left sides of it. Double tap RH / LH for set 3 left / right. For the emote blob and sets I manually swap to them.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...237578/mew.png
    I definitely had to google what you were talking about when you mentioned cross hot bars. Still not entirely sure but I think once I get home and log on I'll pull this back up and try to poke around. It definitely sounds like it will make MUCH more sense to me if I can sort of follow along and put it into practice a bit.

The screenshot you shared though sort of puts it into perspective, once I have the whole crossbar system down specifically regarding how to use it, it should make switching around to different bars fairly simple. I have some pretty horrible carpel tunnel in my right arm and playing on the controller agitates the pain much less than using a mouse does. I'm thinking I may even start a new character just to play through a few levels to see the early tutorials in "controller" mode too.

Thanks a bunch too btw you've been incredibly helpful (as with the thread as a whole frankly). Cheers! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. What do people see in these obese animal models?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

oh lawd
    Wut a mighty fine chunker dat lad be!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I agreed with you until I saw it running around and its animations.

The kwetness!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-02-26 at 01:15 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from WoW, it's just so fucking dumb which makes me like it. I saw the fat chocobo and instantly had to have it. Although that thing looks too cute. I need my obese mounts to look dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Dont forget missile and tail-screw they can seriously mess up bosses when they do hit.
    A lot of bosses are already immune to effects like that though, I'm fairly certain every last boss in a dungeon is so it wouldn't really be necessary to disable them.

I honestly didn't find BLU that OP, considering how limited those super OP spells work. I did find it super fun when I played it though.

But once I got all the spells, cleared the Masked Carnival and did all of the class quests I just didn't see the point in playing it anymore since it can't do duty finder stuff.

Well, fat chocobo has a history in the series, so I think that encouraged its popularity. If FFXIV had gone with a more traditional MMO bank system, I would have expected the fat chocobo to be there for item storage.

Fat cat, I dunno. People like round cats, apparently. Besides, he may not be obese, he may be fluffy and looks like an anger-stick when wet.

So how about the new XIV manga "teach me lalafell sensei" by Denkegi?

10+ Year Old Account
    Animation is glorious. It's also just super derp which I love.

- - - Updated - - -

Caaaaaat
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-02-26 at 08:09 PM.

yea im gonna need that cat

10+ Year Old Account
    what is it and where to I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    what is it and where to I get one?
    You buy it.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...2ca781824828ef

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I am fucking loving this game so far. I didn't think playing an MMO on a controller would be so satisfying but once you wrap your head around it, it works really well. Unlocked every job today and I'm wondering what everyone's favorite job is? Main is a level 54 bard but I'm considering doing leveling roulette on a few jobs while I finish the main story on my bard, so what would you all suggest? I'm not really opposed to any role. I've played them all in WoW, although healing is probably my least favorite. Astrologian seems cool tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    White Mage and Dork Knight are my main jobs.
    Occasionally I play as Black Mage or Red Mage but I don't enjoy DPSing in FF-XIV very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Man I am fucking loving this game so far. I didn't think playing an MMO on a controller would be so satisfying but once you wrap your head around it, it works really well. Unlocked every job today and I'm wondering what everyone's favorite job is? Main is a level 54 bard but I'm considering doing leveling roulette on a few jobs while I finish the main story on my bard, so what would you all suggest? I'm not really opposed to any role. I've played them all in WoW, although healing is probably my least favorite. Astrologian seems cool tho.
    Red mage is pretty unique and a lot of fun, I'd try that out. Summoner is also pretty fun doing huge aoe in dungeons. My fav melee is Samurai but it doesn't get super fun until the 60s.