storywise it's not for your average mmo player.
    it's far less combat centric and way more story driven than even the likes of swtor,eso and the secret world.

the story isn't even that great having just finshed the first expansion. but i still find the work behind it more impressive for some reason.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You can.
    I do it all the time.
    Just mash lily shortly before the cast of Cure II finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Us two posting in such a thread? Oh boy. Imagine that.
    but then the lily uses a GCD meant more like being able to do Cure 2/lily heal/straight into channeling another cure 2 as an example. Lily heals would be even stronger if they were off the GCD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    @Remilia I've posted my thoughts on Scholar already over here. Like you, I'm really not impressed with it in the slightest. Not having offensive ways to spend Aetherflow really causes problems with the general flow of the Job.

The healing output is totally fine, more than fine most likely, but the job feels like a bit of a chore to play now. There are too many similar abilities and not enough unique or stand out ones amongst them.
    Would be nice to have Seraphim as a permanent pet. Make it's heal like 100 instead or what not. Try to make it an alternative to the other fairy but not necessarily OP. Maybe make the blessing as an aoe shield as opposed to a hot.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    interesting why is that? story goes south? I don't expect to love it all but i'm enjoying the slower paced combat (for now just got dragoon unlocked and a ton more skills in my future)
    As already said, the story is fine, but there's just a TON of tedious running back and forth fetch quest type stuff going on. if you are invested in the story and don't mind a bit of a slow period, it's fine. It gets better towards the end of it with everything leading directly up to Heavensward and Heavensward on is MUCH better paced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    but then the lily uses a GCD meant more like being able to do Cure 2/lily heal/straight into channeling another cure 2 as an example. Lily heals would be even stronger if they were off the GCD
    Yeah but that would encroach too much on SCH territory.
    This is basically how their lustrate/indom works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    @Remilia I've posted my thoughts on Scholar already over here. Like you, I'm really not impressed with it in the slightest. Not having offensive ways to spend Aetherflow really causes problems with the general flow of the Job.
    Well if the Dwarf hits the fan you can just overwrite your stacks and get the mana that way.
    I know it feels horrible to do but once you venture into savage I doubt "having too many Aetherflow stacks" will be an issue.

In dungeons that hit like wet noodles however. Yah I feel you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honeymoon phase with Dancer is over.

Still a fun class but I don't know if I like it more than RDM. My problem is that I don't really feel support-y. I mean I choose a partner, but after that it's not like my rotation changes from solo -> group play. For most classes as well I don't mind the long GCD but it hurts dancer here in my opinion. There isn't really any skill involved when you have so much time to press the lit up button.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Honeymoon phase with Dancer is over.

Still a fun class but I don't know if I like it more than RDM. My problem is that I don't really feel support-y. I mean I choose a partner, but after that it's not like my rotation changes from solo -> group play. For most classes as well I don't mind the long GCD but it hurts dancer here in my opinion. There isn't really any skill involved when you have so much time to press the lit up button.
    I'm finding it to be fun to play though much like BRD I don't really like the aesthetics of some of the animations. Though I am playing a Highlander guy at the moment, so that may be why...

Not knocking those who like such things, of course, it just doesn't fit what I imagine for my character. Much in the same way as I would adore NIN if not for the quirky run animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    DNC combat pose and run animations look horrible.
    I like the animations of the attacks though.

Also, the music of the 1st quest is awesome and Ranaa looks absolutely adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Also, the music of the 1st quest is awesome and Ranaa looks absolutely adorable.
    It's because its one of the best tracks from the Final Fantasy library, Vamo' Alla Flamenco, from FF9:

While the new version is nice, I actually prefer the original. But the fact that they bothered to reintroduce it at all to FF14 is another reason the game is so great.

100 out of 100 nobles were impressed. Queen Brahne was quite impressed. Well done, Soken.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-07-11 at 04:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Considered SAM as well and after looking at this I just said nope cause all of it went over my head lol.

https://i.imgur.com/DVnJ2BD.png

Just trying to find something that doesn't feel overwhelming at the start, I'm likely overreacting a bit I admit.
    As someone that had the same thoughts trying out SAM for the first time. It is legitimately one of the easiest classes in the game. It has a very rigid rotation and contains no proc management at all. It's just Combo 1, combo 2, combo 3, buff finisher, use finisher with a a couple Off GCD moves used inbetween based on your Resource generation. There are some long CD abilities that are used in between but hardly enough to be considered hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Pretty sure it's ground speed only, which makes it useless for the most part, but not the vendors! Good lord when I saw you could buy mob drops off the vendors I was in heaven
    It’s both ground and air. I’ll see some people without the speed but in the air and I’ll just zoom right passed them

anyone having trouble settling on a main this xpac? all my dps i've been leveling are so fun i've ended up with nearly four 80s and still can't really decide what i like best.

Is doing the daily for xp even worth it any more? I queue for 50/60/70 random and no bones about it it's ALWAYS a 50 dungeon and I always get dismal xp from it. Maybe 1.5 mil xp and that's it. I've kind of given up on it in favor of group finder FATE groups. Gotta get up to rank 3 anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Is doing the daily for xp even worth it any more? I queue for 50/60/70 random and no bones about it it's ALWAYS a 50 dungeon and I always get dismal xp from it. Maybe 1.5 mil xp and that's it. I've kind of given up on it in favor of group finder FATE groups. Gotta get up to rank 3 anyway, right?
    50/60/70 and guildhest xp is pretty crap. the other ones are worth it.

Boy is DNC easy in PVP. its basically just technical step, fountain combo and a single target or aoe fan dance, cure waltz has proven to be pretty useful and i'll probably use this job more than RDM for my daily frontlines from now on. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes the place of a bunch of BRD/MCH's in the casual pvp pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to confirm endgame.

Got myself to 430 ilvl, so high end raids(?) are available now. I see I can queue or try and join a premade. Are these ok to queue for, or are they pretty challenging and wipe fests? I don't mind checking up on tactics beforehand if that is expected.

Other ways to get my ilvl up is to do daily expert dungeons, as that gives currency and drops.

Is there anything else to do which gives worthwhile rewards? I know of hunts, but apparently I need to do previous expansions first (it's still red for me in the crystal place)? So don't know if I'll get round to that. Will depend on the grind and if it's worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Is there anything else to do which gives worthwhile rewards?
    First wing of raid releases next week, but other than that, nope, that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    It’s both ground and air. I’ll see some people without the speed but in the air and I’ll just zoom right passed them
    pretty sure it's ground speed only, it has been in the past - so unless they changed something....

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Just want to confirm endgame.

Got myself to 430 ilvl, so high end raids(?) are available now. I see I can queue or try and join a premade. Are these ok to queue for, or are they pretty challenging and wipe fests? I don't mind checking up on tactics beforehand if that is expected.

Other ways to get my ilvl up is to do daily expert dungeons, as that gives currency and drops.

Is there anything else to do which gives worthwhile rewards? I know of hunts, but apparently I need to do previous expansions first (it's still red for me in the crystal place)? So don't know if I'll get round to that. Will depend on the grind and if it's worth it in the end.
    Compared to Susano and Lakshmi, Titania EX was more difficult in my opinion... didn't do Innocence yet
    ilvl 430 is enough though, maybe get a few tomestone upgrades and then go for it.

Like any trial, it's *all* about knowing the fight and what to do.
    But if you have mediocre DPS (~<8k), and "no DPS healer" roleplayers in your group, you'll certainly meet the enrage timer.

Hunts are worth it. You get so much materia from them. It's much harder to come by through other means imho.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-07-11 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    First wing of raid releases next week, but other than that, nope, that's it.
    Hmm that's disappointing, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Hunts are worth it. You get so much materia from them. It's much harder to come by through other means imho.
    I'll watch a video before doing the trials then.

Will look into hunts and see what it takes to get up to date with them.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-07-11 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    50/60/70 and guildhest xp is pretty crap. the other ones are worth it.
    Which ones are worth doing for leveling 70-80?