10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I just got back into the game and have 50 bard and drg. Are fates still the fastest way to lvl other classes? Trying to get monk to 50 and it's 32 atm.
    Dungeons got a MASSIVE buff also unlock xhalkenge log if you haven't..In the Limsa Lominsa tavern.

Those will help alot.

So what piece of armor should I look into if I want to make my Summoner look evil like this:

http://imgur.com/DgKjW3U

It's hard to tell, but he's got gloves. Some of the caster robes look like pjs, and there aren't any decent hats for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Dungeons got a MASSIVE buff also unlock xhalkenge log if you haven't..In the Limsa Lominsa tavern.

Those will help alot.
    Cool, didn't know about dungeons buff I'll try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Cool, didn't know about dungeons buff I'll try it out.
    NP man i am guessing you left during 2.0 or 2.1 right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed that I'm leveling pretty quickly, as compared to at released. I haven't touched the sidequests since like level 10-13. Was kind of surprised at being like 2-3 levels above the story quest.

Also those hunt things...suck. In a level appropriate zone and suddenly, bam ded. "dafuq why did I get 1-shot...oh, there's a level 50 monster here... -_-;"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Also those hunt things...suck. In a level appropriate zone and suddenly, bam ded. "dafuq why did I get 1-shot...oh, there's a level 50 monster here... -_-;"
    It adds an element of danger to the game world that I enjoy. The hunt system is pretty flawed, though - especially given the sort of behaviour it encourages selfish players to engage in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I have noticed that I'm leveling pretty quickly, as compared to at released. I haven't touched the sidequests since like level 10-13. Was kind of surprised at being like 2-3 levels above the story quest.

Aint it wonderful when you roam around some areas and you accidentally enter a higher level part of the map?
    It's quite scary and I usually explore as much as I can until I die or safely teleport away in such zones.
    That element of danger really makes the game better. Although regions somewhat lose their level ranges, which for some could be bad, it is like a virtual border. That 43 level frog is guarding this 20 level area, better not disturb it, unless you want to get pulled by it's tongue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    People have the right to critique the game however they want, the responses some of the posters here have been pretty awful, far worse then most threads of other games, very much like the official forums no less.
    No wonder I consider the FF14 community the worst one of the lot for mmos, no wonder so many people in this game stick to a small group of people they trust over anyone more so then any other game Ive come across, I do the same really, though heres hoping we get T8 down soon, got to 30% in just 2 days.
    FF14 has had one of the best communities I've ever seen in a game.

As for responses to him, generally if you make a post REGARDLESS of content with hostility you get responded with hostility. The game isn't for everyone, and most people here will agree to that. The things he disliked were something that anyone has talked about on really any kind of info I look up. Basic reviews talk about the stuff he hated.

That, and just as people have the right to critique how ever they want, people also have the right to respond to that critique how ever they want. =D

But from personal experience, this community (I don't do on the official forums though) is one of the best I've ever seen. I've maybe had less than a handful of bad interactions and I'm on a heavily populated server.

ATM, taking a month break. Apparently my new comp does not like FF14 for reasons, and I figured I'd give ESO another try since I haven't played since first month. Looks like I'll prolly be playing FF on my laptop again in a month. >_>..
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-08-06 at 08:15 PM.

OMG I finally unlocked Guildhist and Levequests.

I had to talk to T'mokkri to start it hahahaha o happy days lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    OMG I finally unlocked Guildhist and Levequests.

I had to talk to T'mokkri to start it hahahaha o happy days lol.
    L9L grats they will help with leveling too. Each one will get you bonus the first time FOR EACH CLASS so try to run them one time each oer class while leveling.

Also don't forget they also have a rabdom that offers an xp bonus and a challenge log entry.

Anyone know if you can recruit existing service accounts? I played at launch but quit a month later and would like to come back

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Anyone know if you can recruit existing service accounts? I played at launch but quit a month later and would like to come back
    Not quite sure what you mean by recruit a existing service account.

If u mean can you reactivate ur sub via a old account you used to play FFXIV before yes u can. Just log into it and reactivate ur sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    L9L grats they will help with leveling too. Each one will get you bonus the first time FOR EACH CLASS so try to run them one time each oer class while leveling.

Also don't forget they also have a rabdom that offers an xp bonus and a challenge log entry.
    Ya been spaming those a bit. The guild hist is like 3-5 per level since I got the FC XP bonus and the bonus for having a level 50.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean by recruit a existing service account.

If u mean can you reactivate ur sub via a old account you used to play FFXIV before yes u can. Just log into it and reactivate ur sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya been spaming those a bit. The guild hist is like 3-5 per level since I got the FC XP bonus and the bonus for having a level 50.
    LOL yeah and I reactivated the bonus just a bit ago...Might try to go fate farming for atma/credit...And need to start recruiting.

Oooh BTW you can buy crafting goods in our basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    FF14 has had one of the best communities I've ever seen in a game.
    Yeah, there's a few bad apples but the FFXIV community is definitely the best I've seen in an MMO as well. Back in WoW people on my server were charging a fortune for the opportunity to hit the tougher raid content. In FFXIV, however, I've seen numerous players organising groups for free to teach the less experienced how to tackle the more difficult challenges in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a good game, so much content, but it's not for chewing through or power gaming. It's a for fun MMORPG only, I think this is why the community is doing so well. Good on them, based Square.

This is a proper Final Fantasy MMO.

Woot today is a special day. I ment my first A-hole of a player lol.

I was doing the Guildhist Basic Training: Enemy Parties level 10. I was on the last mob that has the big guy and like 6 others and I had full argo on everything. I was spinning them around a bit to keep the little ones from hitting me so much and someone got mad because of it.

Me keeping on moving means I get hit less lol since I was right out of range of there attack and I didn't know if the healer could heal it all.

I know in later dungeons and what not I mite not need to so much.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-07 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Tanks who move too much (and by that I mean more than just positioning things and dodging things) are very, VERY annoying to melee :P Objectively speaking that is, it makes it almost impossible to land our positional skills if the tanks can't stand still for a moment ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to the fact that melee need positioning to do dps (some attacks need to be done on the side, some attacks need to be done from behind), you are pretty much crippling them by spinning around.

Yes, you take less damage, but you will be tanking them for way longer. Do that in later dungeon may probably get you kicked lol.

Unless the damage is not bearable, or the healer cannot sustain their mana, just straight tank it in a group where you have melee or melee heavy, otherwise they may as well just /follow the mob and auto attack. Casters however, do not have that problem but moving out of Shadow Flare is still annoying to the SMN or SCH.

PS. I am surprise you only had the first complain about this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Due to the fact that melee need positioning to do dps (some attacks need to be done on the side, some attacks need to be done from behind), you are pretty much crippling them by spinning around.

Yes, you take less damage, but you will be tanking them for way longer. Do that in later dungeon may probably get you kicked lol.

Unless the damage is not bearable, or the healer cannot sustain their mana, just straight tank it in a group where you have melee or melee heavy, otherwise they may as well just /follow the mob and auto attack. Casters however, do not have that problem but moving out of Shadow Flare is still annoying to the SMN or SCH.

PS. I am surprise you only had the first complain about this tbh.
    Just started tanking and the mob itself was just moving in a small circle. The damage was enough where I didn't think the healer could heal though it.

So I guess it was mybad then I have a low trust on low level heals due to other MMO's lol. ill just stand there and tank it and if I die I die o well. So I guess it was myfault.

Just started tanking and the mob itself was just moving in a small circle. The damage was enough where I didn't think the healer could heal though it.

So I guess it was mybad then I have a low trust on low level heals due to other MMO's lol. ill just stand there and tank it and if I die I die o well. So I guess it was myfault.
    Some mobs will automatically target a random player to do an ability and then immediately return to you, which can sometimes cause them to turn. I always have Target of Target turned on so I always know who the mob is attacking. The only time you should be moving is to avoid an ability that is usually telegraphed on the ground, but higher end fights don't have the ground telegraph but the monster does still usually have a cast bar or obvious animation to indicate they are about to blow you up.

Running away from a mob doesn't usually protect you from their normal attacks, and causes targetting issues for the other members in your party.

Just try to ensure the mobs are in front of you, because you can't block or parry attacks from behind, pop your defensive cooldowns and let your healer do they're job too. If you're not actively generating threat on the mobs (which you generally can't really do when you're running around) then they'll start attacking your healer eventually, and then you're really going to have a bad time.