Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    True its not "plug and play" mode like Blizzard is. But I dint really had much trouble with Square mogstation either (but that kinda might be because I played ff11 for a couple of months and that sign up process was even messier back in the days XD)

I am still bummed they don't support IDeal or paypal directly for subs(i know you can buy crysta's). but seeing it pretty much took blizzard 8-9 years to start supporting paypal it I cant really complain about it either.

cant comment on the OTP token never bothered to connect it to my account. neither with rift and some other games.
    oh god, the horrors of PlayOnline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    oh god, the horrors of PlayOnline
    Ha and the game came with what, a dozen or whatever installation CDs? Then there were the patches afterwards....my lord the patches. Took me a whole day to install that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Also make sure to do your daily clan hunts when you get them unlocked at 53. It, kind of like the side quests doesn't give a huge chunk of exp, but it does give some, and you'll be stocking up on Centurio Seals prior to hitting 50. You' might be able to buy and upgrade 1 piece of gear right after hitting 60.
    Are clan hunts unlocked by story or just a quest somewhere?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post

They are only gated by level no story progression is required for them and the quest to start them I believe is in the forgotten knight in ishgard.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    They're unlocked with a quest in Ishgard but you need to have had done the original hunt quest to do it.

As there are many FATEs, we will need some time to make adjustments; however, we are planning to make the following adjustments to FATEs in 3.0 areas:
    Increase the amount of experience points earned.
    Change the feature where the monsters' strength is adjusted depending on the amount of players that participated in the previous FATE. If players failed to complete a FATE, the previous number of participants will not count and a modifier will not be placed on the new FATE.
    Increase the range of the level sync.

Finally the prison that is N.T might be fixed... though it would have to at least be double the XP of the current for most people to even care.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK ... Haven't got the expansion yet because Paypal is dragging it's feet with my top up - there also might be an issue with my name; one part of my name appears twice for some reason which might gum up the transfer.

So far the new graphical features ...

Parallax Occlusion -

Too many artifacts. Rocks in particular due to their weird angles can cause a "ripple" predator camo effect.

Tessellation -

As mentioned early,

Both hit the framerate pretty hard on my mid-end rig. The effects aren't that big. The trade offs are too steep.

The only addition I have turned on is HBAO+(Standard) - HBAO+(High Quality) is ridiculously expensive. It's more expensive than SSAO(Strong) but the image quality is much better - also there is less flicking and false positives (dark halo around some objects).
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    It would need to be 50k experience for normal FATEs, 75k for 'boss' FATEs for me to really care. And I think that's on the low side even.

Yup I agree. I doubt that will be the case and it'll probably be something between 30-40k. N.T is just so small and when you have your entire server there fates just respawn non stop with several at one location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Granted, you'll still get a lot of xp, but meh. Better off ungrouped at that point.
    I wouldn't advice doing that, tried to do some FATEs there without group.. and no matter how hard I did during the FATEs, I always got bronze medal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only fate I really can't get gold on when solo in N.Thanalan is the final step of Dark Devices, because she just dies so damn fast and there's no way I can get enough damage or healing in.
    Haha, yeah.. saw that DD spawned and tried to find fast group for it, but none in PF and nobody invited. Went there and did all events from beginning to end; bronze, bronze, bronze. Darn I was pissed, so much exp wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of FATEs, any idea how early could I go and do ones in Coerthas Central Highlands? Before I went there as soon as I got level 34, but during couple last days.. it's been extremely quiet for FATEs in level 1-34 zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always gone to Coerthas at level 30. Doubly so now, since as you said, pre-30 zones are kinda dead.
    Mm, yeah - guess I'll just dungeon spam my Rogue to 30, unlock NIN and go to CCH.

Not sure if I should level-up both WAR and NIN at the same time (like 5 levels and swap) or focus on one at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Costa del Sol until my late 30s. There tend to be people there on my server. Not always enough to kill Cancer for It's Not Lupus but enough to farm relatively quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to move to Coerthas as early as possible because:
    1) The Svara chain is tons of XP.
    2) The Coerthas music is beyond awesome.

Gilgamesh is generally always full of people in Costa Del Sol and Coerthas most of the time anyways. So, getting a FATE group isn't hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of population, I'm on Exodus and it always says "server full" when I log in, but I never really see all that many people around. I wonder just how full "full" really is.
    Odin here, not sure about population but quite often small queue when I try to log in. Northern Thanalan is, well.. full of people, but pretty much all other fate-leveling stages are dead.

Thanks Gulter and Kaelwryn! I'm almost 54 now, I just assumed the new hunts were something you could only do at 60. Good to know!

The amount of stuff you can miss in this game is just crazy. I was so confused when I was already halfway through 53 and someone in my FC was talking about getting a group together with their level 51 to do Dusk Vigil - I had completely skipped right over it. The amount of raids, trials, and dungeons I still have to catch up on as a returning player is overwhelming - I'm still working on clearing all of the dungeons for unlocking the High Level roulette for the daily bonus, and there were so many ??? on my requirement list.

Deleted
    Gutted internet is shit in spain cant update on my laptop just like to do an hour before bed

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    As there are many FATEs, we will need some time to make adjustments; however, we are planning to make the following adjustments to FATEs in 3.0 areas:
    Increase the amount of experience points earned.
    Change the feature where the monsters' strength is adjusted depending on the amount of players that participated in the previous FATE. If players failed to complete a FATE, the previous number of participants will not count and a modifier will not be placed on the new FATE.
    Increase the range of the level sync.

Finally the prison that is N.T might be fixed... though it would have to at least be double the XP of the current for most people to even care.
    Sweet baby jebus I mite FATE farm then providing the xp boost is good. Right now 14k a FATE is a joke it should equal quests if not be slightly more since they take longer too do. Normal FATES should be around 45k-55k and Boss FATES around 60k-70k.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-07-08 at 08:14 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Just a question on the main quest line. I'm now level 20 and it seems the only way to progress the main story is through the dungeon Sastasha. Is this absolutely necessary? I started the dungeon, got 10 minutes in and it felt super boring and long so I quit the group. This was before I realized the fiery exclamation mark in your duty list was main quest. So, do I absolutely have to do this dungeon to proceed the story?

Quote Originally Posted by 3intrah View Post
    Just a question on the main quest line. I'm now level 20 and it seems the only way to progress the main story is through the dungeon Sastasha. Is this absolutely necessary? I started the dungeon, got 10 minutes in and it felt super boring and long so I quit the group. This was before I realized the fiery exclamation mark in your duty list was main quest. So, do I absolutely have to do this dungeon to proceed the story?
    Yes because it is apart of the story. Also if you find that dungeon boring you may not like the rest ether.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD