Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    But you dont do the same thing over and over.....
    They have literaly made it so that almost every single thing you currently do in the game rewards you toward the relic.
    How fast you do it is up to you. Would you rather it be gated like WoW?
    Like seriously, hunts give you currency, dungeons give you currency, raids give you currency, fates give you currency, maps give you currency, reps give you currency and crafts help you.
    What more is there that you d want?
    Yeah i agree with this, you get poetics and laws from nearly everything you do in the game, are people rushing the quest to become the world first or something?
    Seems to me that people are complaining about it because they cant finish it in a week.

It was never meant to be a better weapon than a savage, but an alternative to people who dont raid savage.
    The only grind is if you are in a rush to finish the weapon or if it's your main focus.

I'll agree the step is a little too steep for just being the second step in the entire questline, but the amount of complaints it's getting is just silly, people are acting like it's a equivalent to legendary weapons in WoW, it's not.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-12-18 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    But you dont do the same thing over and over.....
    They have literaly made it so that almost every single thing you currently do in the game rewards you toward the relic.
    How fast you do it is up to you. Would you rather it be gated like WoW?
    Like seriously, hunts give you currency, dungeons give you currency, raids give you currency, fates give you currency, maps give you currency, reps give you currency and crafts help you.
    What more is there that you d want?
    In the end it all comes down to personal preferences.
    FFXIV is definitely one of those games where I often feel like i'm 'wasting my time' with grinds. While there are many other games (including mmo's) where I don't have this or at least a lot less.
    That aside, in FFXIV I try not to let me get overwhelmed by it. I've never played several consecutive months but rather play on-and-off so I don't completely burn myself out. I enjoy the game and the athmosphere but when you get to the more 'hardcore' sections it gets really damn repetitive. I've never had full end-game gear for example because that involves doing specific runs over and over again and I know that would destroy me. Not to mention that to me it would feel like all that work would've been for nothing when a new tier of gear is added.
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2015-12-18 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yeah i agree with this, you get poetics and laws from nearly everything you do in the game, are people rushing the quest to become the world first or something?
    Seems to me that people are complaining about it because they cant finish it in a week.

It was never meant to be a better weapon than a savage, but an alternative to people who dont raid savage.
    The only grind is if you are in a rush to finish the weapon or if it's your main focus.

I'll agree the step is a little too steep for just being the second step in the entire questline, but the amount of complaints it's getting is just silly, people are acting like it's a equivalent to legendary weapons in WoW, it's not.
    exactly what I m talking about....
    I mean the weapon is meant for a battle class and pretty much everything you d normaly do on a battle class gives you stuff. It just takes time.
    It also made content that has not been relevant in a while relevant again so I see no harm in it

exactly what I m talking about....
    I mean the weapon is meant for a battle class and pretty much everything you d normaly do on a battle class gives you stuff. It just takes time.
    It also made content that has not been relevant in a while relevant again so I see no harm in it
    The only people i see who have a need to rush the quest is hardcore raiders, and even then it might not be BiS for them.
    I'm just spending the poetics and laws i get as i do what i normally do in this game on it, perfect pace for me, will propably finish it before the next steps releases.

I seriously do not see the issues.
    Maybe the items you need to buy is a problem to me, because i'm piss poor and saving gil for a FC house, but even then the prices have dropped significantly over the last 2 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    In the end it all comes down to personal preferences.
    FFXIV is definitely one of those games where I often feel like i'm 'wasting my time' with grinds. While there are many other games (including mmo's) where I don't have this or at least a lot less.
    That aside, in FFXIV I try not to let me get overwhelmed by it. I've never played several consecutive months but rather play on-and-off so I don't completely burn myself out. I enjoy the game and the athmosphere but when you get to the more 'hardcore' sections it gets really damn repetitive. I've never had full end-game gear for example because that involves doing specific runs over and over again and I know that would destroy me. Not to mention that to me it would feel like all that work would've been for nothing when a new tier of gear is added.
    Why is the grind ok in GW2 and not ok in FFXIV though?
    Especially for something that is twice as rewarding in FFXIV as it gives you both looks and progress.
    The legendaries in GW2 give you literaly nothing meaningful other than looks.
    And why is rerunning a dungeon ok in GW2 but not in FFXIV? Especially considering they are just as faceroll

Deleted
    Why is the grind ok in GW2 and not ok in FFXIV though?
    Especially for something that is twice as rewarding in FFXIV as it gives you both looks and progress.
    The legendaries in GW2 give you literaly nothing meaningful other than looks.
    And why is rerunning a dungeon ok in GW2 but not in FFXIV? Especially considering they are just as faceroll
    That's where the personal preferences come into picture. GW2 has a strong community, however this community is very different from other mmo's such as WoW or FFXIV because of people that have a mentality like yourself (not at all saying this is bad, just making something clear).

Having no endless power progression in terms of stats is heaven to some people (like myself) or makes the game seem completely irrelevent to others (like you).

To me GW2 is a game I often pop into without having to fear that I'm completely behind in terms of power, meaning I can't do any of the new content. What I think GW2 did really well is how they implemented their new raids. Do you get special super powerful gear if you run raids? no. (well, you can create legendary armor when doing raids but those don't give a stat increase. They do give you the option to change the stats on your gear any time you'd like though). So why do people even try with raids? for fun, for challenging content. Technically I would be able to complete the raids when looking at my stats because I'm mostly equipped with Ascended armor (the 'final' tier of gear stat wise) yet I tried it once and got absolutely completely facerolled because Gw2's raids aren't about the stats, it's about the skill. Being able to avoid attacks at the right times and organizing a group of 10, all having specific roles. (Yes, it's not that everyone is a mix of everything anymore, nowadays you actually need specific players such as healers, tanks, pure damage, boon strippers and condi damagers. The fun thing about this is that almost every profession can mold themselves into any of these roles).

Gw2 has grind, but because so much of the rewards are cosmetic only it becomes more of a personal achievement rather than a mandatory thing you have to push yourself through in order to be somewhat good because stats define how good you are.

Deleted
    That's where the personal preferences come into picture. GW2 has a strong community, however this community is very different from other mmo's such as WoW or FFXIV because of people that have a mentality like yourself (not at all saying this is bad, just making something clear).

Having no endless power progression in terms of stats is heaven to some people (like myself) or makes the game seem completely irrelevent to others (like you).

To me GW2 is a game I often pop into without having to fear that I'm completely behind in terms of power, meaning I can't do any of the new content. What I think GW2 did really well is how they implemented their new raids. Do you get special super powerful gear if you run raids? no. (well, you can create legendary armor when doing raids but those don't give a stat increase. They do give you the option to change the stats on your gear any time you'd like though). So why do people even try with raids? for fun, for challenging content. Technically I would be able to complete the raids when looking at my stats because I'm mostly equipped with Ascended armor (the 'final' tier of gear stat wise) yet I tried it once and got absolutely completely facerolled because Gw2's raids aren't about the stats, it's about the skill. Being able to avoid attacks at the right times and organizing a group of 10, all having specific roles. (Yes, it's not that everyone is a mix of everything anymore, nowadays you actually need specific players such as healers, tanks, pure damage, boon strippers and condi damagers. The fun thing about this is that almost every profession can mold themselves into any of these roles).

Gw2 has grind, but because so much of the rewards are cosmetic only it becomes more of a personal achievement rather than a mandatory thing you have to push yourself through in order to be somewhat good because stats define how good you are.
    Whats stopping you from treating this as a personal achievement?
    Considering you dont raid there are plenty of catch up mechanics for you to stay on check very very easily. Void ark gives you 200 gear and a token to make your esos which are insanely easy to get 210. The relic will be 210 in time by just doing the stuff you d usually do as a battle class.
    Also lets not kid ourselves I understand personal preference but GW2 raids are the biggest faceroll I ve ever done out of any MMO.
    Also implying that FFXIV savage is pure gear check and less skill? Far from reality... A3s and A4s are both very challenging fights in which you both need to flawlessly perform mechanics and flawlessly play your class. If you fuck up shit in savage no matter how much gear you have you still get one shot. Gear only makes things like enrage timers easier in this game you can rarely ever cheese mechanics in raids while they are still a thing.
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2015-12-18 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Whats stopping you from treating this as a personal achievement?
    Considering you dont raid there are plenty of catch up mechanics for you to stay on check very very easily. Void ark gives you 200 gear and a token to make your esos which are insanely easy to get 210. The relic will be 210 in time by just doing the stuff you d usually do as a battle class.
    Also lets not kid ourselves I understand personally preference but GW2 raids are the biggest faceroll I ve ever done out of any MMO.
    Also implying that FFXIV savage is pure gear check and less skill? Far from reality... A3s and A4s are both very challenging fights in which you both need to flawlessly perform mechanics and flawlessly play your class.
    I think we're just gonna have to accept that we have quite different views in this pefore this continues for 5 more pages

Deleted
    I think we're just gonna have to accept that we have quite different views in this pefore this continues for 5 more pages
    I ve already accepted that. I just think your analogies are a bit unfair to the game. And also your verdict about how raids are handled in FFXIV is also flawed and I can safely assume you came to that verdict without stepping in savage or else you wouldn't have that view about gear in this game.

Deleted
    Soooo I really don't like being that guy but I lol go ahead and be the asshole again here. Why do you people play MMOs? Like seriously why? You don't like grinding, you don't like farming, you don't like long term character progression you don't find anything interesting after the 10th time you be done it and you want the potentially best weapon in the game to be a login reward because you pay your 15 bucks a month....
    I'm totally fine with them making it a requirement to beat primal HMs/Extremes or even Alex Savage... as long as I don't have to do them a few hundred times, how exactly is that "I want it as a login reward" and get it in your head that it's not about it being the "10th" time... it's the 500th+ time, srlsy. By your logic, we might as well stay in 2.0 and all they have to do is add new ilvls every half a year.

Enjoyed WoW SoO alot? Guess why WoW lost more than half of it's subscribers during that time

Let's face it, it is virtually impossible for the devs to be farting out content every week because you don't find Alex interesting after the first time you cleared it or because you don't like doing fates... There is no way of making these more interesting other than making them relevant again.
    Same story as above and maybe there is no need to make them relevant at all, because if people don't want to do them, don't force them to with something (and especially only *one* thing) probably every single player would like to have? The part about there being no way to make them more interesting is bullshit.

There is literally no pleasing you guys... Content becomes irrelevant? Boohoo waaaah waaaaah no point in doing it anymore such few content left which I haven't even touched half of because it might require thought and moderate skill so no content
    Old content becomes relevant again for great long term OPTIONAL rewards? Waaaaah waaaaah boohoo I be done this a 100 times so uninteresting!
    Like seriously wtf do you expect?
    Dunno, maybe it's time to forget old content, people don't play it for a reason - because it's no fun - get it? If it were fun people would still do it and in some cases, they still are doing it. And what the hell is that part about "Boohoo waaaah waaaaah no point in doing it anymore such few content left which I haven't even touched half of because it might require thought and moderate skill so no content"
    You nuts? How is skill involved in this? This is all about a long as grind that is supposed to keep you subbing for another 3 months. Skill and "thought" is not what makes or breaks this relic quest at all.

Also secret about money? Spend an hour fishing for pterodactyls on the diadem and make 1mil or more per run!
    Oh but wait that's also not interesting because you have to level fisher and try! We should be solving rubic cubes and shooting asteroids from the sky to make money so it would be more interesting
    Yes, we should, because fishing is clearly not fun...for most people fishing is what you do when you are fucking bored out of your life and don't know what else to do.

You don't understand the problem at all.
    I don't even see how old content gets relevant again with this relic quest? The sheer amount of what is required stops me from even trying.
    They could've added Skins instead of this pile of shit called a "relic quest" and price it with 1k-2k Tomes of your choice and I'd might give it a try if the skin is awesome enough. Depends on how much I don't want to run certain dungeons/primals and whether the skins are worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-12-18 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm totally fine with them making it a requirement to beat primal HMs/Extremes or even Alex Savage... as long as I don't have to do them a few hundred times, how exactly is that "I want it as a login reward" and get it in your head that it's not about it being the "10th" time... it's the 500th+ time, srlsy. By your logic, we might as well stay in 2.0 and all they have to do is add new ilvls every half a year.

Enjoyed WoW SoO alot? Guess why WoW lost more than half of it's subscribers during that time

Same story as above and maybe there is no need to make them relevant at all, because if people don't want to do them, don't force them to with something (and especially only *one* thing) probably every single player would like to have? The part about there being no way to make them more interesting is bullshit.

Dunno, maybe it's time to forget old content, people don't play it for a reason - because it's no fun - get it? If it were fun people would still do it, so there wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, we should, because fishing is clearly not fun...for most people fishing is what you do when you are fucking bored out of your life and don't know what else to do.

You don't understand the problem at all.
    I don't even see how old content gets relevant again with this relic quest? The sheer amount of what is required stops me from even trying.
    They could've added Skins instead of this pile of shit called a "relic quest" and price it with 1k-2k Tomes of your choice and I'd might give it a try if the skin is awesome enough. Depends on how much I don't want to run certain dungeons/primals and whether the skins are worth it.
    Why aren't you doing savage to get your 210 then? This is just an option for those that don't wanna do that

So you want to lock an alternative way for gear progression, in this case a weapon behind higher-end raiding?
    No thanks, i don't want to play a carbon copy of WoW.

You need to understand that the relic weapon is neither mandatory or BiS for anyone(Well maybe BiS for some jobs, the different is so small it's hardly relevant), it's an alternative way for someone to get a 210 weapon, granted the looks is a huge bonus.
    There is literally zero reason to put that much energy into it unless you absolutely want to, these complaints seems kinda of moot.

You want a 210 weapon? Either put energy into grinding for the relic weapon or start doing Alex savage, it's that simple.
    This game excel at being for everyone who like doing different stuff, and that is exactly what this relic weapon does, it gives people an alternative way to get a higher-end weapon, granted it takes time instead of being an hardcore raider.

Sure field job's don't get a fancy ass weapon like the relic, but that's a completely different matter and irrelevant in this discussion.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-12-18 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Why aren't you doing savage to get your 210 then? This is just an option for those that don't wanna do that
    What makes you think Ilvl has anything to do with this? they could make it 220 or 190, I still wouldn't be doing it.
    Why didn't they adjust a few dungeons for lvl 60 characters instead? Old content gets reused, you get rewards from doing them and people get to do new stuff

They could've taken encounters from Coil and adjust them as part of the relic fight, very much like hydra and chimera in 2.0.
    Then add some grind in between that doesn't totally demotivate you into a state of depression and you get people to keep playing.

Add another step that upgrades it to 205 and you even get an "in-between" reward for most players who don't have a 205 weapon yet.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-12-18 at 05:01 PM.

What makes you think Ilvl has anything to do with this? they could make it 220 or 190, I still wouldn't be doing it.
    So you are only out after the weapon for the looks?

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is the hurry then?

Deleted
    Why didn't they adjust a few dungeons for lvl 60 characters instead? Old content gets reused, you get rewards from doing them and people get to do new stuff.
    Alright so disregard the relic, why again are you not doing savage since you d rather do something challenging instead of grind? Also your comparison to wow is terrible.... Considering I quit wow completely due to exactly what you mentioned how is 1 year of zero content comparable AT ALL to content patches for both casual midcore and hardcore audiences every 3.5 months? The anima weapon patch isn't even a major content patch but an in between thing we got merely 1 month after a major patch
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2015-12-18 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    So you are only out after the weapon for the looks?

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is the hurry then?
    No, I would get it for the upgrade (if it were an upgrade), but not if that amount of bullshit is required... even if it's ilvl 250. I wouldn't get it.
    Is it that hard to understand that it's not about the reward, but about the quest itself. I'm not in a "hurry", I just don't want to do stuff that a bot could do better than me.

The anima weapon patch isn't even a major content patch but an in between thing we got merely 1 month after a major patch
    Why would you consider this "content" in the first place.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-12-18 at 05:14 PM.

No, I would get it for the upgrade (if it were an upgrade), but not if that amount of bullshit is required... even if it's ilvl 250. I wouldn't get it.
    Is it that hard to understand that it's not about the reward, but about the quest itself.

But it isn't an upgrade as it currently is.

You either grind for a 210 weapon, or you do challenging raids for a 210 weapon, why is this so hard to get?

Deleted
    Is it that hard to understand that it's not about the reward, but about the quest itself.

Because for many it is wether you like it or not! I love how you completely disregarded the rest of the post btw... Patch 3.1 brought new content and 3.15 further incentivized the already available content for a lot of people

lol casuals up in this bitch

Deleted
    But it isn't an upgrade as it currently is.

You either grind for a 210 weapon, or you do challenging raids for a 210 weapon, why is this so hard to get?

To be fair for those that don't have a 210 it is :P even without the optimal secondary stats 1 weapon damage is equal to 30 of your main stat for most classes so it's better by default! Also much like the prev relic you lol be able to fully edit it at some point making it bis
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2015-12-18 at 05:19 PM.