Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly both the 60 and 50 ones are quick. But I don't even remove gear and get nothing but Labyrinth... I would MUCH rather get the 70 raids, they are a lot more fun.
    but also incredibly inefficient. if you are not doing roulette solely for quick exp you could just manually queue for them. otherwise if you get part 2 or 3 of the 70, you actually lose exp/hr compared to just doing dungeons or POD/HOH if under 70.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    but also incredibly inefficient. if you are not doing roulette solely for quick exp you could just manually queue for them. otherwise if you get part 2 or 3 of the 70, you actually lose exp/hr compared to just doing dungeons or POD/HOH if under 70.
    But you have more fun doing it, so is it really a loss?

You could spam POTD or HOH and level faster then doing dungeons as a DPS, but you'll also lose your sanity doing it.

Basically I've had a level 50 alliance raid for the last 2 weeks.... i'd give anything for a 70 or even 60 at this point, I'm about ready to give up alliance raid roulette altogether I'm going insane.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-07-21 at 10:23 PM.

You could spam POTD or HOH and level faster then doing dungeons as a DPS, but you'll also lose your sanity doing it.

Basically I've had a level 50 alliance raid for the last 2 weeks.... i'd give anything for a 70 or even 60 at this point, I'm about ready to give up alliance raid roulette altogether I'm going insane.
    yes, it would be a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yes, it would be a loss.
    I'd rather lose a bit of xp/h and have fun then be bored out of my mind, it's why I never do MSQ roulette honestly. When you get ANYTHING below 60 it's just not fun.

I love the 70 raids but I've had incredibly bad luck with the people in it so I just do the 15 minute CT. Personally the only one I really just do not want to get is Void Ark. That raid to me was never fun even when it was current.

I'd rather lose a bit of xp/h and have fun then be bored out of my mind, it's why I never do MSQ roulette honestly. When you get ANYTHING below 60 it's just not fun.
    I mean.. that's your opinion. I personally prefer getting low level stuff because to me leveling is a relaxing thing so I like the more easy playstyle plus I get to see places I don't normally go to anymore. When I do MSQ I just make dinner and eat while I cruise control through it watching youtube on the side.

my opinions on the dps ive gotten to 80 so far:

DRG- the best new skills/traits so far. new skills look great and everything flows better.
    SAM- still kind of boring. new cooldowns make it less flexible than it was. 80 skill sucks.
    BRD- similar to drg. feels less clunky and the new skills look great.
    MCH- kinda fun but gets old quick. very simple to play now just spammy.
    RDM- same as samurai. didn't really change much. still feels smooth and simple to play. new skills were kind of boring but the aoe is cool i guess.
    MNK- REALLY disappointed. a lot of off-gcds pruned and the rotation is still stuck in ARR. most of the new skills are just niche grease lightning maintenance. wasn't fun in dungeons at all compared to other melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I love the 70 raids but I've had incredibly bad luck with the people in it so I just do the 15 minute CT. Personally the only one I really just do not want to get is Void Ark. That raid to me was never fun even when it was current.

I mean.. that's your opinion. I personally prefer getting low level stuff because to me leveling is a relaxing thing so I like the more easy playstyle plus I get to see places I don't normally go to anymore. When I do MSQ I just make dinner and eat while I cruise control through it watching youtube on the side.
    Just really wish they'd ditch this "we can't have skills that you didn't have at those levels because it would make you OP!" thing, we're ALREADY op in sync'd dungeons, you can wall to wall basically every dungeon and burn them down super quick, specially with dancer now, dancer just breaks low level dungeons. That alone would make lower level dungeons more fun honestly.

How anyone can stand PotD is beyond me. It's a headachey, tedious slog. It's nothing but killing a tense mob grinder all the way through for seemingly little XP. Meanwhile, the raids are pretty relaxing: you spend a minute walking from from place to place, curbstomp trash mobs in a minute with nice battle music, run to the next place, boss battle is easy but the mechanics at least make it fun, rinse and repeat three more times. Get a nice, big chunk of EXP at the end.

Prateroium is probably the most relaxing instance; I can minimize the window and watch a Netflix/Crunchyroll/Youtube or browse forums/read articles while sitting through the cutscenes.

Just really wish they'd ditch this "we can't have skills that you didn't have at those levels because it would make you OP!" thing, we're ALREADY op in sync'd dungeons, you can wall to wall basically every dungeon and burn them down super quick, specially with dancer now, dancer just breaks low level dungeons. That alone would make lower level dungeons more fun honestly.
    ^

It's really tedious to play classes without their lategame special mechanics, and once you get them you can't go back... until a level synced instance makes you go back and it's even more tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    How anyone can stand PotD is beyond me. It's a headachey, tedious slog. It's nothing but killing a tense mob grinder all the way through for seemingly little XP. Meanwhile, the raids are pretty relaxing: you spend a minute walking from from place to place, curbstomp trash mobs in a minute with nice battle music, run to the next place, boss battle is easy but the mechanics at least make it fun, rinse and repeat three more times. Get a nice, big chunk of EXP at the end.

Prateroium is probably the most relaxing instance; I can minimize the window and watch a Netflix/Crunchyroll/Youtube or browse forums/read articles while sitting through the cutscenes.

^

It's really tedious to play classes without their lategame special mechanics, and once you get them you can't go back... until a level synced instance makes you go back and it's even more tedious.
    we had 2 groups on launch day level stuff from 60, one did dungeons mine did HoH made it a race. HoH lost by 4 minutes, so by all accounts if you are a solo dps HoH is better if you account for queues sanity or not. Same applies to palace sort of. Low level dungeon xp gains are a bit weird in that mob kills give you a massively skewed amount of xp vs what they do after like 55 so dungeons with premades might be faster for ARR / HW.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    How anyone can stand PotD is beyond me. It's a headachey, tedious slog. It's nothing but killing a tense mob grinder all the way through for seemingly little XP.
    I don’t really like it all that much either, but it’s reliable and efficient at grinding levels. Especially for DPS classes without a premade. Don’t have to like or enjoy it to recognize how useful it is for leveling.

5+ Year Old Account
    POTD and HOH are a lot of fun if you do it solo style, I think. It really raises the stakes and the higher floors are a lot more engaging.

The amount of people who refuse to communicate in EX parties is staggering recently with the huge influx of players. Don't join parties if you don't want to work together as a party.

I had one party with a DNC and we were assigning tether order and no one wanted to step up so I took the 4th. I suggested the DNC should take the next one and we got no response. Then we do a ready check and the same person doesn't accept it all the while jumping around like a deranged donkey. Then they pull the boss and go "oops". Then they pull sub 6K DPS.
    Re: Communication - this really isn't anything new if you pugged at all last expansion. Every single pug savage or EX was players who:

• Couldn't communicate at even the most basic level
    • Didn't talk or get in marker positions despite being asked numerous times
    • So inflexible and would rage if they didn't get X position because that's the only way they know how to clear the fight
    • Tanks who can only MT or OT because they don't know the fight the other way

Well finally decided to clear Innocence EX. I wanted to wait for a friend to do it for the first time and we cleared it in three pulls. Pretty easy but I'd say funner than Titania EX. I think the lack of an add phase really helps.

My only regret is the WHM in the group got completely carried... good luck to the farm parties they get in.
    I hate it when I accidentally get someone a clear who didn't deserve it. Not because of them or me, but because of the countless other people they're going to terrorize.

Did you forget about the add phase lol? It's super short and trivial, but it's there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Titania just seems so much longer because of essentially two add phases back to back. I dont really find it super fun after having done it the first time in the MSQ.

Innocence and Hades, however, are fucking phenomenal boss fights, rivaling the best boss fights in the MMORPG genre. I really love the Argus fight from Legion in terms of its scale and epicness, and Hades was right up there for me.
    Titania really just needs to rapidly speed up the time between 1st set and growth set. It doesn't need to be nearly 20s. 5s would be fine. Honestly, if I were in charge it'd be instant.

I actually didn't like Argus. It was a fine fight thematically and the death mechanic was actually pretty well designed, but other than that I found it boring. I was really impressed with Jaina both mechanically and thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I think the only trial whose mechanics I was able to figure out easily the first time through is the final one. I still haven't beaten Innocence or Titania EX though, and probably never will. Something something I'm bad something something.
    What datacenter you on? I can help you through them if need be. I'm on Primal (Behemoth).

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    idk, are they really? I'm too lazy to look into the details but are the #s on fflogs for mch skewed by catered mch and/or using food and pots? my mch isn't doing much more dmg than my drg tbh.

I did have a run on innocence where i got all the buffs on my mch and yea...i did a lot of dmg lol but i'm sure the same could be said about any job other than dancer and ninja (lol).
    DRG is pretty universally agreed on by the savage community as being overtuned. It's pDPS is a bit too high for how much rDPS it's currently contributing. MCH is doing serious damage atm as well, boosted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

XIV classes are notorious for just not making sense until near max level. It's not just MCH.

It's pretty poorly planned out, honestly. They really could stand to do an overhaul and frontload more class abilities.
    But the Heat phase doesn't change, afaik it'll remain spamming the ST skill (forgot the name) or the crossbow (for AoE) 5-6 times and weaving 1 oGCD between each use.
    On top of that, the fact that you really have to hammer that 'shit' to squeeze in all possible uses and that you have to wait until your GCD is almost ready again before you start it really kills it for me. That's *almost* as horrible as waiting 0,5 seconds for your "dot-spreading" to work properly (even though you could theoretically cast it earlier) after applying the last dot on your target.

As far as SAM and MCH they probably need a tiny buff. Especially SAM since at the moment MNK basically does the same DPS while bringing more to the raid. NIN definitely needs a buff.

All I want for SAM is another 80 potency on Hakaze @ max level (or somewhere between 70-80)
    If that isn't enough, remove Hissatsu: Kaiten and make it potency bonus baseline for all Iaijutsus - just like how Tsubamegaeshi works.

The extra Kenki from that along with the extra potency from your most used skill will surely be enough. There is hardly any reason for Kaiten to exist anyway, it looks really cool though

170 potency Hakaze are complete garbage though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-07-22 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    DRG is pretty universally agreed on by the savage community as being overtuned. It's pDPS is a bit too high for how much rDPS it's currently contributing. MCH is doing serious damage atm as well, boosted or not.
    It's not really related to what you just said but it kinda just brought it up in my mind. If drg gets nerfed, they need to seriously re-evaluate what they're trying to do. If a job gets nerfed just because it has some raid utility, who the hell will play it? Let's just all roll sam, blm, and mch. I personally think this whole "dps needs to be less dps because they provide utility" is such nonsense. For me, the jobs that provide no raid utility shouldn't do more damage, it should be played because people want to play it. The jobs with more utility should be close in dps because itd be beneficial for raiding anyways if people played it just for the dmg because it provides something to the group.

People playing the high dps jobs because it's high dps and then they also provide nothing, it's kind of annoying.

tldr, if everyone stopped playing blm, mch, and sam because they aren't higher dps, it wouldn't be any loss because they don't provide anything anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    It's not really related to what you just said but it kinda just brought it up in my mind. If drg gets nerfed, they need to seriously re-evaluate what they're trying to do. If a job gets nerfed just because it has some raid utility, who the hell will play it? Let's just all roll sam, blm, and mch. I personally think this whole "dps needs to be less dps because they provide utility" is such nonsense. For me, the jobs that provide no raid utility shouldn't do more damage, it should be played because people want to play it. The jobs with more utility should be close in dps because itd be beneficial for raiding anyways if people played it just for the dmg because it provides something to the group.

People playing the high dps jobs because it's high dps and then they also provide nothing, it's kind of annoying.

tldr, if everyone stopped playing blm, mch, and sam because they aren't higher dps, it wouldn't be any loss because they don't provide anything anyways.
    If every DPS job had the same potential DPS output there'd really be no point in groups having anything but the DPS that bring high utility. If that were the case there'd be nothing but Dancers in raid teams, and one Red Mage for the clutch healing and rezzing. Why would you bring a SAM or MCH if a Dancer could do the same damage and also bring all that sweet utility?

Currently, groups choose to bring high DPS output jobs in order to push the DPS checks, that's why they bring MCH, BLM and SAM. It gives them some wiggle room

I think they DO know what they're doing in that they're trying to have players play what they want and give each job a reason to be brought to the raid. They're attempting to balance the jobs value, not their performance which is an even more difficult thing to do since value is not as easy to parse as performance though they are absolutely related. I think they've done a pretty great job, all things considered.

Re: Communication - this really isn't anything new if you pugged at all last expansion. Every single pug savage or EX was players who:

• Couldn't communicate at even the most basic level
    • Didn't talk or get in marker positions despite being asked numerous times
    • So inflexible and would rage if they didn't get X position because that's the only way they know how to clear the fight
    • Tanks who can only MT or OT because they don't know the fight the other way
    I wonder how much of this is due to language barriers.

I'm not sure if it's a huge problem in other regions, but on EU servers I often end up in groups where the majority of the communication is in Itallian. Or Swedish, or Spanish. There is a different option to queue for French and German speakers, but English is the default for most of Europe that falls out of those two options. Queuing in the roulette and getting placed into a group that's chosen to use a language other than English is just par for the course. If you're completely unable to communicate with the rest of your group, situations are going to go sideways fast.

I'd assume that some US data centers are in a similar position, where you'd have potential French speakers from Canada and perhaps a couple of Spanish speakers from South Americans who are playing there for latency reasons.

The only language issue I run into is when I run into Latin speaking people which is pretty rare. French and English are both mandatory school material here in Canada so if you run into a French speaker they'll usually be able to speak basic English at least.

I think I've been just mostly lucky back in HW and SB when it came to pugs. I never really ran into issues for Savage and Extreme when it came to people willing to communicate.

I hate it when I accidentally get someone a clear who didn't deserve it. Not because of them or me, but because of the countless other people they're going to terrorize.

Did you forget about the add phase lol? It's super short and trivial, but it's there lol.
    I guess there was an add phase lol. Its more like 1/4th of a phase though so I don't care about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LATIN?
    Who would use a dead language in a video game?
    That's a whole new level of nerdy.

I live in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I wonder how much of this is due to language barriers.

I'm not sure if it's a huge problem in other regions, but on EU servers I often end up in groups where the majority of the communication is in Itallian. Or Swedish, or Spanish. There is a different option to queue for French and German speakers, but English is the default for most of Europe that falls out of those two options. Queuing in the roulette and getting placed into a group that's chosen to use a language other than English is just par for the course. If you're completely unable to communicate with the rest of your group, situations are going to go sideways fast.

I'd assume that some US data centers are in a similar position, where you'd have potential French speakers from Canada and perhaps a couple of Spanish speakers from South Americans who are playing there for latency reasons.
    While I guess this is a possibility, anyone queuing in Duty Finder with a language option checked that they don't understand is pretty much asking for trouble. There are also other ways to communicate using the auto translator and icons, etc... you can do the equivalent of pointing and grunting in game to get basic ideas across. It really doesn't take much to communicate "you. stand here. kill X first" There is purpose built functionality for such a thing, so written communication isn't required, though it helps considerably.

I can't deny the possibility that some folks simply don't respond at all is because they don't understand what's being said, but I'm not convinced that this is a reasonable excuse or root cause for groups failing to clear trials. I'd still think player skill is more to blame than anything else.