Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Because they are used to it from WoW.
    I do agree that DoT tracking on multiple targets is nonexistent and I also miss proper DoT timer bars, like I had back in WoW. While the official UI is good, they could improve it's customization a fair bit. With 2.5s GCDs, I don't see the need for "mouseover" stuff. The game is so slow at it's core, that targeting players you want to heal does not slow you down notably.

But To be frank: unless there is a way for Consoleros to get the same mods, anyone that uses combat related mods (including ACT triggers) is cheating and deserves to get banned.

END OF STORY.

Now go, cry me a river.
    Hey I dont post often but seriously, go fuck yourself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I know the point of Ultimates is to be brutally challenging but I feel like more checkpoints throughout the fight would help. It's still odd to me that this fight had a random checkpoint after the first phase...makes me wonder if, as we get better gear, it will be possible to save our boy early and skip the need to reach the time loop. That would be a really nice checkpoint if so.
    I don't think it will ever be possible. Without LB 3, Haurchefant dies really early, right after the first 2 baited proteans come out from Charibert. The first phase isn't overly difficult, and I think probably only exists to give you clues on how to resolve the return to the phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I have noticed that without using ACT (just ACT, not triggers) I lost my drive to get better gear, can't see any meaningful player power improvement without it, so feels quite meh to even do Extremes...Which results in "raid logging" for weekly 24man clears. For what reason, I do not know - primal needs of getting timegated currency?
    why would anyone ever want better gear in this game ? theres no talents theres no trinkets no procs no nothing. if you can clear the Game with the suggested ilvl you can log off since you cant even realy cheese phases with dps

The Game has good Fights but when it comes to Gear/Player Power Progression its just fucking Garbage. I mean. You have full 590 gear and someone else is 600. Wow gz the dude is like 8-10% stronger. Sounds alot ? Yeah no. Not in a Game where Gear means almost nothing

i find this very boring
    Last edited by hzjf; 2022-05-13 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    why would anyone ever want better gear in this game ? theres no talents theres no trinkets no procs no nothing. if you can clear the Game with the suggested ilvl you can log off since you cant even realy cheese phases with dps

The Game has good Fights but when it comes to Gear/Player Power Progression its just fucking Garbage. I mean. You have full 590 gear and someone else is 600. Wow gz the dude is like 8-10% stronger. Sounds alot ? Yeah no. Not in a Game where Gear means almost nothing

i find this very boring
    I suppose I am just bored with the game! And countless years of WoW has wired me to seek better gear... Unlike WoW, FFXIV makes a player really need a guild for the non-combat activities (for combat stuff, can be pugged np). Thank goodness though that FFXIV is not all about combat stuff!
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-05-13 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I've gotten pretty quick at TBN on random party members to prevent wipes, but if it is during a burst window when I am trying to double weave, it becomes less possible without cutting into my GCD.
    Thankfully, outside of ultimate (which should not be pugged anyway) balancing wise, the game is nowhere near hardcore enough for that to actually matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    i find this very boring
    As a non raider: I find that very nice. In WoW, having garbage gear w/o being a raider, has always been a major turnoff for me.

Personally, I never cared too much about gear. It's just a tool I need to be ready for the next boss.

Unless it looked fabulous. :'D

Thankfully, outside of ultimate (which should not be pugged anyway) balancing wise, the game is nowhere near hardcore enough for that to actually matter.
    Okay, but as you admit, there is content where it does matter, and would still be a QoL improvement even outside of that content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, but as you admit, there is content where it does matter, and would still be a QoL improvement even outside of that content.
    In Ultimate it's a non-issue since you do it via static and can just macro it to your buddy.

For pugs, you can create a macro with /targetlastenemy at the end.
    So you pick a random, use the buff and then you automatically re-target the boss after the skill.

The whole point is that their macro system is garbage and doesn't let you queue stuff.

Which is why you have to repeat the same line for all 15 lines just to make sure it goes through, basically disallowing any sort of complexity in your macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The whole point is that their macro system is garbage and doesn't let you queue stuff.
    Working as intended.
    Doesn't apply to targeting code though. Also, you don't queue off GCDs.

Again, people scream for degrees of optimization that is simply not required by the process at hand.

Again, people scream for degrees of optimization that is simply not required by the process at hand.
    It's not just an optimisation. Being able to press a button and have the skill work as you'd like without any extra steps is a big usability upgrade. It helps keep people in the moment, and makes the gameplay much smoother and more fluid.

The people who care about DPS optimisations have already found workarounds. That doesn't mean it's something Squenix can or should ignore. They can make a ton of gameplay improvements for a lot of Jobs with some background fixes and UI changes.

Because they are used to it from WoW.
    I do agree that DoT tracking on multiple targets is nonexistent and I also miss proper DoT timer bars, like I had back in WoW. While the official UI is good, they could improve it's customization a fair bit. With 2.5s GCDs, I don't see the need for "mouseover" stuff. The game is so slow at it's core, that targeting players you want to heal does not slow you down notably.

But To be frank: unless there is a way for Consoleros to get the same mods, anyone that uses combat related mods (including ACT triggers) is cheating and deserves to get banned.

END OF STORY.

Now go, cry me a river.
    I mean, you're entitled to your opinion.

In my opinion things like XIVCombo and Mousovers (which i get from delvui) are required to allow me to properly enjoy the game.

Are they cheating? Sure. Do I care? No.

In Ultimate it's a non-issue since you do it via static and can just macro it to your buddy.

For pugs, you can create a macro with /targetlastenemy at the end.
    So you pick a random, use the buff and then you automatically re-target the boss after the skill.
    People do Ultimates in pugs or do swap people.

Things like TBN, Nascent Flash etc... may be useful with a macro on the co-tank, but there are occasions in higher content where you can clutch protect someone that might otherwise spell a wipe, and it is harder than it needs to be when a mouseover would be much easier and more effective.

Macros are woefully inefficient and may not always fire unless you are sitting there spamming them, and depending on what else is happening, that is not a reasonable expectation.

What I am hearing from your arguments essentially is "I don't need it for the casual content that I do (which gives you forever to make a decision), so you obviously don't need it in any other content".

What I am hearing from your arguments essentially is "I don't need it for the casual content that I do (which gives you forever to make a decision), so you obviously don't need it in any other content".
    Even aside from content, "we don't really need it to not work like shit" isn't really an excuse for something working like shit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Macros are woefully inefficient and may not always fire unless you are sitting there spamming them
    Again: we are not talking about spell combination macros or ground targeting skill macros (Salted Earth, Asylum). These do indeed have many issues, my insta-rez macro often misbehaves, aye. This is probably intended by the DEVs to make macros not be too useful.

We are talking about a custom skill button that merely switches the target at the end after the spell is done.
    I use such a macro to automatically cast Cure 3 on myself and it works flawlessly.

You don't need mouseover. You WANT mouseover. I tried mouseover back in WoW when I was raiding heroic/mythic and I never understood the hype about it.

Could they implement it as an option? Sure, why not but it would give players on PC an advantage over console players (don't ask me how thy can stand controller healing ... ugh) so it is unlikely that SE will implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I really feel like people got a bit too comfortable with the whole situation - kind of like having your boss tell you that they don't mind you being on your phone at work sometimes, so you start texting in the middle of meetings.
    And then getting mad that your boss disciplines you for texting constantly during work hours because "YOU WEREN'T ENFORCING THE RULES CLEARLY ENOUGH."

Streamers just seem to think they're special.

https://imgur.com/a/73XThs6

I know everyone has their stance regarding dps mods, but when you have people who cant even be bothered to press more than 1 button, yeah, sometimes you need them

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

I know everyone has their stance regarding dps mods, but when you have people who cant even be bothered to press more than 1 button, yeah, sometimes you need them
    True. No way to clear the very prestigious Castrum Meridianum with people pressing one button. :b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

In content like that, who honestly gives a crap.
    I've been known to half ass it in there as well because I was busy talking to friends I ran with.

In content like that, who honestly gives a crap.
    I've been known to half ass it in there as well because I was busy talking to friends I ran with.
    Yeah, when you join a completely random group via Duty Finder there is no agreed upon consensus that we have to "GO GO GO" and clear as fast as possible while maximizing DPS. If I just got home from work and want to fool around with some friends in Discord while I do a casual Duty Finder then I have every right to do so.

It's only when you join organized content that performance matters.

We are talking about a custom skill button that merely switches the target at the end after the spell is done.
    I use such a macro to automatically cast Cure 3 on myself and it works flawlessly.
    Which is fine in this example.

I did Aglaia at the weekend as an Astrologian and there were times when I was double weaving Celestial Intercession on the tank and playing a Card on a DPS between Malefics. It involves a lot of actions for what it is. Clicking on the Tank, pressing key 1, then clicking on the DPS and key 2, then clicking back to the boss and key 3. You're pressing twice as many buttons as you're taking actions and it feels very busy and cluttered.

Macroing them to target my last target would leave me targeting the boss after Celestial Intercession and still needing to click on the DPS, or if I missed it from the Celestial Intercession macro and put it on the card one, it would leave me trying to Malefic the tank after the card - Which isn't an ideal situation in either outcome.

Although you may not like Mouseover, it's the ideal way to do something like this without making it feel like hard work in my opinion. Or having a macro to cast CI on the tank that worked reliably would take out some of the buttons. Or a macro to cast on the targets-target. There's lots of room for customised solutions here, but they're hamstrung by the lack of consistency with macros.