Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    How about you use your manners, If you ever got some.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Does anyone know a site for FC recruiting? Lodestone is for 1.0 players only at the moment and not everyone has access to the closed beta forums. Kinda shocked me that we are about 1 month away and there is no official forums for players to post on.
    I guess you could try FFXIV Realms. Tho i think it might be for official guilds already.

http://ffxivrealm.com/forums/free-co...linkshells.30/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why are we talking about other MMO's on a FFXIV thread?
    Ponies. And Priest tier, apparently.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Poor Kalyyn. We've all kind of haymaker'd him in his opinion hole today.

Not to say it wasn't justified. <3
    I mean yeah, there is an established look for a white mage. But it's based on this:

But with some imagination, you could interpret that in a million really badass ways. Or, in the case of ff14, you could just interpret it as literally as possible...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I mean yeah, there is an established look for a white mage. But it's based on this:

But with some imagination, you could interpret that in a million really badass ways. Or, in the case of ff14, you could just interpret it as literally as possible...
    It's not just the sprite. If you look at the characterization of White Mages in Final Fantasy, there is a theme of modesty and humbleness involved, as well as altruism. One way of reflecting this is simplicity.
    But as Mr. mannerless said, it's the first Tier, and with 2.1 there should also be a wardrobe function to use other garments, and there are some more ornate in the game. I personally hope one can use the alchemist robe.

Oh wow! I just realized this game was releasing at the end of August. That's next month. Damn time goes by fast when you are not following a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people who were inquiring about looks came across the white mage, and thought it was pretty awesome. There was nothing overly flashy. There aren't 400 pound shoulder pads or fountains. Its literally a robe and a staff. That is a true mage.

Different people have different aesthetic preferences and no art style will ever satisfy 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Different people have different aesthetic preferences and no art style will ever satisfy 100%.
    Which is why vanity slots exist. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for them. I think they said the 2nd major patch, but how long away from launch is the question.

FFXI was my first MMO...albeit I only played for a couple of months before going to WoW. I'm seriously debating on getting the collector's edition of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Does anyone know a site for FC recruiting? Lodestone is for 1.0 players only at the moment and not everyone has access to the closed beta forums. Kinda shocked me that we are about 1 month away and there is no official forums for players to post on.
    FFXIVRealm.com is what I use. It's a well laid out site, friendly people and the FC/LS recruiting is active. I'm Luko over there if you wanna say Hi.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quick question, if anyone happens to have any information.

Is there any differences between which Grand Company a Free Company is affiliated with? I know each member of the Free Company can still pick their own Grand Company, but the FC itself has to be tied to a Grand Company as well. Is there any known particular rewards or anything that differs between the 3 as far as Free Company affiliation goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

It's prevalent everywhere!

I just wanted a reason to post a FFT image. Best game ever.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

Deleted
    I just hope the problem I've had in phase 3 beta doesn't continue onto 4 or live.
    No idea what's going on but every 5mins my fps will drop to 3fps and the game becomes unplayable for 1-2 mins
    Not so bad in a city but when out fighting and you literally go into slow motion, meant I've died alot due to it.
    I'd hope it's not my pc, as that handles games like crysis 2 etc fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    I just wanted a reason to post a FFT image. Best game ever.
    FFT White Mage is the best White Mage. Once they release that game on android my life will be complete.

I tried to submit some bug reports during the beta but couldn't find an option to do so. I was kind of disappointed too since everyone was saying how polished the game was but there were some bugs that should have never made it past alpha. The biggest one being that several times while using an ability with a cast time the icon displayed next to the cast bar was not correct. I interrupted my casting several times thinking I had fat fingered the wrong thing but after it happened several times I figured I needed to do some testing. Sure enough I got it to where I could repeat the issue fairly reliably, good enough for them to troubleshoot and fix, but actually reporting my findings proved more difficult.

went out and pre-ordered this yesterday after i played on P3 of the Beta for a few days...could never get into ff11 though

I just hope they clear up the map a little, to make it easier to read and see where quests are

Stayfrostee what problems are you having with quest displays? They show up as a big red circle on the area with a Q over mobs and shinies for intractable items.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    Stayfrostee what problems are you having with quest displays? They show up as a big red circle on the area with a Q over mobs and shinies for intractable items.
    I was actually hearing a lot of map-related complaints in shout chat over the last couple weekends. I tried to ask them about it and just got "It's hard to figure out!" etc as a response. I personally could never understand it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxilus View Post
    I tried to submit some bug reports during the beta but couldn't find an option to do so. I was kind of disappointed too since everyone was saying how polished the game was but there were some bugs that should have never made it past alpha. The biggest one being that several times while using an ability with a cast time the icon displayed next to the cast bar was not correct. I interrupted my casting several times thinking I had fat fingered the wrong thing but after it happened several times I figured I needed to do some testing. Sure enough I got it to where I could repeat the issue fairly reliably, good enough for them to troubleshoot and fix, but actually reporting my findings proved more difficult.
    They had an entire section for Feedback, including bug reports, on their forums.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I am curious how people feel with the combat in the game. I have a bunch of friends that are complaining that the combat is too slow and boring and drawn out. They have recently played games such as GW2, TERA and other "action combat" MMO's. I am wondering if playing these styles are just messing with them or if the inability to just Mash keys instead of watching what happens is truly a problem.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien