Feels like they wanna put more of the weight on the Challenge Log to stop people from grinding the fuck outta NM's and force them to play longer. Stay classy, SE.

Also: According to this doc, that boss gives like 80k at lvl 22. So looks like it was being underlevel that did it.

It'll prolly end up being a similar grind, as people figure out the spawns and you start clawing your way up past loloneshotbait, same as Anemos. I don't know why anyone finds that fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Also: According to this doc, that boss gives like 80k at lvl 22. So looks like it was being underlevel that did it.
    Yup, you need to be Fate level -1 at the minimum to get the full rewards.

Problem is with so few being spawned currently, once they're popped it's just sit and grind your fucking face off on chains, unless you can somehow instance hop or something. The Challenge Log helps, but once it's done you have to wait a fucking week to do it again. I reiterate: some kind of Daily quest is SORELY needed inside there.

Feels like they wanna put more of the weight on the Challenge Log to stop people from grinding the fuck outta NM's and force them to play longer. Stay classy, SE.

It'll prolly end up being a similar grind, as people figure out the spawns and you start clawing your way up past loloneshotbait, same as Anemos. I don't know why anyone finds that fun.
    What annoys me the most is that they lauded Eureka as something new and it's just not.

As I said it's really a low point of Stormblood for me and the only reason it's popular is because of the Relic Weapons. I guarantee a lot less people would be in there if that carrot didn't exist.

I mean don't get me wrong the rest of Stormblood so far has been great. And Eureka will get better in a few days once the train is figured out but well right now the FATE rewards are mediocre and once the log is done there's no decent way of getting XP.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is with so few being spawned currently, once they're popped it's just sit and grind your fucking face off on chains, unless you can somehow instance hop or something. The Challenge Log helps, but once it's done you have to wait a fucking week to do it again. I reiterate: some kind of Daily quest is SORELY needed inside there.
    I agree. Make it a daily hub, give it use for crafting/gathering, throw some hunts in there, do bounty hunt style quests and loads more.

Make it a proper hub.

They shouldn't have messed with what wasn't broken. Diadem worked fine, its rewards were just utter shit. If they'd made the Diadem structure of content rewarding like doing the NM's are, it would have been fine. Enter, mount, fly to objective, do objective, get reward, leave, repeat. I'd have had zero problems with doing that to get my relic. Hell, same thing grinding Tomestones in there.

So how's the patch? been busy with work with huge project launch, only been able to browse reddit/here/OF while on the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    So how's the patch? been busy with work with huge project launch, only been able to browse reddit/here/OF while on the shitter.
    MHW event is good.

Eureka is just more or less the same as Anemos but with snow.

Regarding the MHW event, what's the difference between the normal Rathalos armor and the augmented armor? They both look the same to me.

Also, I like Eureka. It's fun running around with the train, and chatting during downtime. It's a different experience from the rest of the game, and makes a nice change of pace. About the only change I would like to see is something to push the train to doing the low level NMs, so that a lowbie in the train can get crystals more often. To also change it up from doing the same 4-5 NMs all the time. Maybe something where the reward scales with player level, rather than the level of the the NM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Regarding the MHW event, what's the difference between the normal Rathalos armor and the augmented armor? They both look the same to me.

Also, I like Eureka. It's fun running around with the train, and chatting during downtime. It's a different experience from the rest of the game, and makes a nice change of pace. About the only change I would like to see is something to push the train to doing the low level NMs, so that a lowbie in the train can get crystals more often. To also change it up from doing the same 4-5 NMs all the time. Maybe something where the reward scales with player level, rather than the level of the the NM.
    Dyable only difference i can tell os dyable

According to this it seems to get what you need for the Relic in Pagos you have to fill up some wonky item with lollersauce from NM's/mobs so you can make a Speshul Crystal. And you have to do that 5 times. Dunno what the actual Pagos Crystals are for. Powering the lollerforge, I guess. Oh, and you have to go to a spot on the map where the lollerforge is which includes sneaking past a bunch of mobs. What next, they want me to shove a broom up my ass so I can sweep the floor as I walk?

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Nothing wrong with liking it, to each their own as they say, but it still boggles my mind how it qualifies as "fun" because you can AFK follow a deathball and chat to people.

Again - just iterating that it's such a strange concept to me. Nothing against you personally.

Nothing wrong with liking it, to each their own as they say, but it still boggles my mind how it qualifies as "fun" because you can AFK follow a deathball and chat to people.

Again - just iterating that it's such a strange concept to me. Nothing against you personally.
    Hmm, perhaps the best way to explain it is *intensity*. I like high-level raiding [1]. But I can't really sustain that for more than two nights a week. So the rest of the time is spent on less intense activities. And sometimes you just want to do something that doesn't really take a lot of thought. MMOs have always had activities like that. In modern MMOs, it's things like fishing, or gathering, or farming reputation or items.

Eureka is basically a social multi-player version of fishing. And there's a time and place for that. I'd be unhappy if the entire game was Eureka, but I'd also be unhappy if the entire game was high-level raiding. Having a variety of intensity is good for MMOs.

[1] I raid in WoW, though, only Heroic because I'm tired of the effort fixed rosters takes Sadly, my WoW guild has decided to aim for Mythics in BfA. I think they do not really understand the logistics/administration involved, and I expect the attempt to go badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    but it still boggles my mind how it qualifies as "fun" because you can AFK follow a deathball and chat to people.
    and chat to people
    With a group of friends in TS, that would be your answer.

Otherwise, unbearable slog, would never bother with it.

IMHO Eureka at level 20 isn't all that bad if somewhat dull for much of the time (I personally can't stand the AFK thing so tend to be one of the mob-killers). The process of getting to 20 was painful and utterly uninspired, and seeing it repeated in Pagos doesn't quite have me jumping with joy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    and chat to people
    With a group of friends in TS, that would be your answer.

Otherwise, unbearable slog, would never bother with it.
    Definitely not the case for me, I don't queue into it with friends or chat with the people in my party. I find eureka relaxing because it doesn't demand that much and running with a big group to kill monsters is fun. part of the reason i found champion trains in gw2s enjoyable. I also don't afk. I help kill mobs and raise people who end up dying so I'm not standing around, twiddling my thumbs. *shrug*

Got a Pagos Shirt in a Lockbox, sold it on the MB for 2.4M Gil. So there is that at least. :3
    I got fireworks which intensified the already flowing salt mine I had going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I got fireworks which intensified the already flowing salt mine I had going on.
    Mmm, less boxes, same shitty loot table. Never change, SE.

Mmm, less boxes, same shitty loot table. Never change, SE.
    Just lost it when the treasure was a firework and 2 grade 5 materias.

It's not even a consolation. It's not fun grinding a fate to be told "here have a firework".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I guess the point is that if the "chatting with people in discord" is the fun part, then it doesn't seem accurate to say that the gameplay is fun.
    What gameplay? rofl.
    Spamming raise over and over to help stem the tide of ridonculous oneshots due to an absolutely absurd level power curve is not exactly sth I would call "gameplay".