Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverkit View Post
    So does anyone know anything about what they have planned for end game raids? Like how big will the raid parties be? Or how long after release they'll be giving us raids? Not that I'll be in a hurry to get to level cap. The game was really fun the bit I was able to play. Sad it got cut short last night . But lets hope that will allow them to fix the errors people were having!
    Dungeons are 4 man, Primals are 4/8 man, Raids are 24 man.

There are 2 raids- Crystal Towers and The Great Labyrinth of Bahamut
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-08-19 at 10:13 PM.

So does anyone know anything about what they have planned for end game raids? Like how big will the raid parties be? Or how long after release they'll be giving us raids? Not that I'll be in a hurry to get to level cap. The game was really fun the bit I was able to play. Sad it got cut short last night . But lets hope that will allow them to fix the errors people were having!
    As far as I know, there are 4 man/8 man and 24 man groups. The first 24 man raid will be released in the first major content patch 2.1. 4 player dungeons and 8 man raids will be available upon release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I personally don't see it how you can level just doing the main story quests. Maybe I'm bad at the game, but it took me all day to hit level 20 even with doing side quests and the hunting log.
    For the 1st class - Main story, Class quests(every 5 levels), Fates and Hunting logs. Once you get to 15 there is also Dungeons, and then at 25+ there is also Grand Company Quests.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-08-19 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    For the 1st class - Main story, Class quests, Fates and Hunting logs. Once you get to 15 there is the Dungeons, and then at 25+ there is also Grand Company Quests.
    So at level 15 on my main class I should be grinding dungeons? Not that I'm against that, I am old school that would rather get a party and go out and XP farm than do stupid quests.

Primals are 8 man, Raids are 24 man.

There are 2 raids- Crystal Towers and The Great Labyrinth of Bahamut
    Ok cool thank you. What are Primals? Im guessing its just a dungeon with a single boss in it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So at level 15 on my main class I should be grinding dungeons? Not that I'm against that, I am old school that would rather get a party and go out and XP farm than do stupid quests.
    No need to grind dungeons, unless you want too, I just meant they are available for levelling as well as the previous content. The main story is mandatory and worth doing, the side quests are optional levelling content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I have also some questions. How you distribute the xp you gain to your class/jobs? I mean, Can I kill things as a paladin but gain xp for marauder?or I should kill things like marauder in order to get xp for marauder? Also I read that leves are like dailies and everyone suggests to save them for crafting. So how this is working? Is there a maximun number of levels you can do per day and there are multiply types of leves to chose? Or leves are standar and after you do them, you chose where you want to distribute the exp gained?
    If you kill things as your job, you get exp for your job and the classes that make up that job (to my understanding). You cannot, however, choose where the experience goes.

Most people suggest saving leves for crafting because the ONLY way to level crafting is by...well...crafting, and doing crafting leves. You need to spend 1 levequest 'allowance' to do a leve. You receive 3 levequest allowances every 12 hours. Luckily these allowances can stack all the way to 99 so you do not need to do them every day if you don't want to. You get to choose between 4 ypes of leves: Battlecraft leves, Tradecraft leves, Fieldcraft leves and Grand Company leves.

So if you do a Battlecraft leve you get exp for the class/job you did it as. If you do a tradecraft leve, you gain exp for your tradecraft. You do a fieldcraft leve and you gain exp for your fieldcraft. Etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Since I own the original FFXIV CE.... Will I be able to log in when the early access starts?
    No. You actually have to pre-order to get access to headstart.

Ok cool thank you. What are Primals? Im guessing its just a dungeon with a single boss in it?
    That is what it was in 1.0

Collect items needed to get loot (each person must have the item). Turn in said items. Run to location of Primal Crystal. Click on crystal. Party joins.

Deleted
    Yeah, single boss dungeons, featuring one of the Primals from the story. http://www.ffxivinfo.com/content/primals.php

They are called Trials in the Group finder.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-08-19 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks for the info zandervont and philefluxx. As you suggest I think with time it will all click into place.

No pre-order codes are being sent out yet. They'll be sending them out starting tomorrow. 20th-23rd is when they said non japan pre-order codes will be sent out. So just hold on you'll get it!
    well I already had my preorder/early acces code but I am from the Netherlands they where going to send them out the 20th but they decided to do it 3-4 days earlier :3 but I did not order at the SE shop its one of the retailers.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man raids...

Ugh -.-
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, single boss dungeons, featuring one of the Primals from the story. http://www.ffxivinfo.com/content/primals.php

They are called Trials in the Group finder.

Cool thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    25 man raids...

Ugh -.-
    Yea, I feel the same. I was hoping with dungeon parties being only 4 they were gonna have smaller raids too.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man raids...
    Well, 24. 3 groups of 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man raids...

Ugh -.-
    As a healer, I LOVE 25 man raids. :-P
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

3 groups of 8, would that mean the healers can only watch 8 healthbars and they'd have to actually click other people from the other 2 groups to heal them?
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

10+ Year Old Account
    The open beta has been interesting so far. FF14 doesn't feel like it's doing anything new as far as "like World of Warcraft, but" MMOs go, but it seems to be sticking with tried-and-true. It's a little ridiculous that you're flooded with so many quests right away (would the city just fall to pieces if all of us stout adventuring types decided we didn't want to be employed by FedEx?), but on the other hand, I actually found it more interesting and engaging than Guild Wars 2's "follow the yellow dot" method.

What is it with Asians and pretty, though? Even the "grizzled peddler" that talks your ear off in the intro is ridiculously young and pretty-looking!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    "grizzled peddler"
    The important thing about him is not that he's "young and pretty." The important thing about him is that he has freaking clones, or else is in multiple places at once. >.> Or I guess he could be a Triplet.

I'm telling you, he's the end boss of this game. o_o We're gonna find it out, just wait and see.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    McDonalds has sold over a billion people, still crap food, Gordon Ramsays restaurants haven't sold as many but it's better food in other words I would rather have the better quality and deal with less success than WoW.
    Thank you for making me picture Yoshida as Gordon Ramsay.

Hell's Dev Room with Naoki Yoshida!

or

Naoki Yoshida's Dev Room Nightmares!

so call me strange but today before the beta ended i had a lvl 18 paladin tankin one of my dungeons... is that possible or is it like a legacy person that had it to 50 and scalled down his lvl (my money is on this)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.