They really need a server queue system that actually works lol... instead of just "World full try again later"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still locked out of my main server, and trying to figure out if the maintinance did anything or if Balmung's just soo popular that the server filled up again with a different population cap...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    They really need a server queue system that actually works lol... instead of just "World full try again later"
    Apparently that's just too hard to do for whatever reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Still locked out of my main server, and trying to figure out if the maintinance did anything or if Balmung's just soo popular that the server filled up again with a different population cap...
    Sadly the Legacy servers are probably going to be suffering even more today because they let in the 1.0 non-legacy people a day early and a lot of those will have characters they want to continue on the Legacy servers.

I officially regret logging out after I was done playing during my lunch break. Safe to say, I won't be repeating that mistake ever again.

ok stupid question but is there any main quest that takes you to halatali or is it just the guy that gives you a sidequest for the entrance? only askin this cause all the other dungeons have main quests in them so...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I see they removed server queues again. Great.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

They have a queue system, but they're only opting to use it when it seems like the servers aren't completely slammed. It feels like they're trying to actively discourage players from just spamming login, instead wanting them to really just come back at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    ok stupid question but is there any main quest that takes you to halatali or is it just the guy that gives you a sidequest for the entrance? only askin this cause all the other dungeons have main quests in them so...
    That's the only quest yes.
    Last edited by Jarinolde; 2013-08-26 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I haven't been able to play since early access, gg square.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

I plugged in a controller and just spammed the login, got in after 3 minutes lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got a queue, then suddenly after I was about 35th it's telling me that the world's full and I should try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I plugged in a controller and just spammed the login, got in after 3 minutes lol.
    Hmm. Not bad. Takes about 5 seconds per cycle if you don't get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    They have a queue system. Problem is they are either too few or too weak. Login servers and queue servers have to keep constant communication with the players client and the players chosen server. So what I believe is happening is the queue servers are stressing out the game servers when they allow infinite queue slots or even say 1k queue slots. So essentially they are lowering the queue so the active connections for those in queue waiting to get into the game do not affect the game server.

Its all BS either way you slice it and SE is in amateur hour right now unfortunately. But there is your explanation.

I'm thinking of getting the Game, but I've just found out there is No EU servers, they are in Canada, USA is this true? because if it is the MS/ping will suck.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least I finally understand why people are refusing to log out. Because as soon as you do (Or get D/Ced because someone prioritized a Bass Guitar amp over the house's internet, long story) you're stuck not playing the game for god knows how long..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the Game, but I've just found out there is No EU servers, they are in Canada, USA is this true? because if it is the MS/ping will suck.
    Yes, all NA/EU servers are located in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    At least I finally understand why people are refusing to log out. Because as soon as you do (Or get D/Ced because someone prioritized a Bass Guitar amp over the house's internet, long story) you're stuck not playing the game for god knows how long..
    Until SE releases new servers with free transfers, basically.

Get on that already SE!

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

Get on that already SE!
    They won't be able to afford them when everyone quits from not being able to log on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

Get on that already SE!
    Free transfers are unlikely, but don't worry, they will have paid ones mid-September!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    They are in Canada but it should be fine. Ive been playing on a JP server and Im in the US. I average a 150ms response time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Day #3:

Are people still having issues logging in? If that's the case, then let's be honest here: Japan SE is treating their NA/EU customers as second-hand.

A company that rakes in dozens of millions a quarter can't even be bothered to guarantee a swift and incoming bulking of their server infrastructure can't be trusted.

No, instead we get another meaningless apology. Yoshida's words are carrying less and less weight by the day as his "promises" that 3012 and 90000 were taken care of were just that: promises.

The subtle and sneaky way launch date has been technically pushed is not done to have time to work on the servers, it's to keep the NDA in effect and prevent people from visually and actively recording how bad of a clusterfuck this entire experience has been.