10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    You said it was your friends also having the issue. Are they internet friends or IRL ones? It really sounds like an ISP issue to me.
    Please read everything... I provided you guys with links from the official forums:
    - Random People from US / JP / EU from a hoard of Different ISPs are having this issue.
    - it started at the same time, after a maintenance.
    - No, it`s not the P2P issue, my ISP allows 100% anything P2P, believe me it`s not our ISPs.

here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ag-disconnects.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...n-%28R0%29-lag

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    You get Instanced Dungeon quests regularly to continue the story.

If your Heals it's an Insta-Queue. Tanks are like 10 min and DPS is 40 min to an Hour.
    No need to stop. There's plenty to do while you wait. I enjoy mining while I queue with my Lancer.
    Well thats reassuring...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Because you didn't think about it for very long before you just started typing?

Or I can just shove my foot halfway down my throat and call it good......
    I didn't say 1gB because I don't know it. I've probably been taught it 1000 times over, but it's never stuck with me because I know I'd never use it on a regular basis. If I need to know it, I'll look it up and remind myself.

This is not one of those cases. 1gB - 1k MB. 2 extra keys to press. So what? Anyone would know what I'm talking about, and maybe 1 in 50 would make a fuss of it.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Well thats reassuring...
    I'm sure it will go down once the thousands of people actually trying to play the game can actually log on. That is, unless it's not a cross server queue...in which case... *shakes head sadly*
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sure it will go down once the thousands of people actually trying to play the game can actually log on. That is, unless it's not a cross server queue...in which case... *shakes head sadly*

It gets better after 30 when Scholar opens up giving us 2 Healing Jobs. Prior to that there's only one class (Conjurer) that can queue as a Healer.
    I think it was a mistake not having a second Healing CLASS or at least letting Arcanists queue as Healers pre 30.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a multiserver queue. The issue is more that the groups are 4 person (1 tank, 1 heal, 2 dps) so that means there is even less need for dps than in some games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Please read everything... I provided you guys with links from the official forums:
    - Random People from US / JP / EU from a hoard of Different ISPs are having this issue.
    - it started at the same time, after a maintenance.
    - No, it`s not the P2P issue, my ISP allows 100% anything P2P, believe me it`s not our ISPs.
    Not the same literal ISP, but perhaps each ISP of the affected user has a similar structure.

Just saying, there has to be a common denominator somewhere.

You get Instanced Dungeon quests regularly to continue the story.

If your Heals it's an Insta-Queue. Tanks are like 10 min and DPS is 40 min to an Hour.
    No need to stop. There's plenty to do while you wait. I enjoy mining while I queue with my Lancer.
    Instant queues for healers only last till level 30. At level 30 and beyond conjurers/white mages have a truck load of scholars to compete with, average queue time for my white mage is about 30 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a mistake not having a second Healing CLASS or at least letting Arcanists queue as Healers pre 30.
    It certainly sounds like it. Not having a wide variety of 'class' options is always a mistake. Especially in a game where roles are so tightly defined, it seems like they would have had multiple healing and tank classes. I guess they just assumed that since everyone could be a tank or healer that a large portion of people would use those roles?
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Its a multiserver queue. The issue is more that the groups are 4 person (1 tank, 1 heal, 2 dps) so that means there is even less need for dps than in some games.
    Logistically 4 mans are as much fun, but do have the risk of longer queues. I think of all the designs of small group content I like Rift's 5 mans with a support class. It ensures that 3 roles get relatively short queues, while the class design allows DPS to easily be a support class at no penalty to the player.

A similar system could have worked here and I think more people would have taken some support roles in addition to their dps. But that is essentially redesigning a game, so...just rhetorical talk here.
    BAD WOLF

Why would it go down? The amount of people queing for dungeons has no effect on class composition.

E.g. if there are 5k people queing right now, with 1k tanks, 1k healers and 3k dps, and you get 10k people queing tomorrow with 2k tanks, 2k healers, and 6k dps, the wait time will remain the same.

Not the same literal ISP, but perhaps each ISP of the affected user has a similar structure.

If there is a P2P issue, well that could be possible. P2P is known to cause trouble with pretty much all Steam games that use it, but it's not a steamrelated issue. Like Payday 2, when I play with my friends, we can't actually play together, if I host, one other gets booted, if he hosts, I get booted, if another friend hosts the last that joined gets booted and so on. We expect this to be related to his provider, although not necessarely his provider, but rather router/modem they supply and the configuration of that router/modem.

Low quality piece of shit hardware from some piece of shit ISP, even if they allow all sorts of traffic, apparently cause many problems.

I'm not sure PD2 connection issues have been fixed, but this is one of the many games we have issues with. P2P seems to really fuck one of us over, every single time.

It certainly sounds like it. Not having a wide variety of 'class' options is always a mistake. Especially in a game where roles are so tightly defined, it seems like they would have had multiple healing and tank classes. I guess they just assumed that since everyone could be a tank or healer that a large portion of people would use those roles?

Logistically 4 mans are as much fun, but do have the risk of longer queues. I think of all the designs of small group content I like Rift's 5 mans with a support class. It ensures that 3 roles get relatively short queues, while the class design allows DPS to easily be a support class at no penalty to the player.

A similar system could have worked here and I think more people would have taken some support roles in addition to their dps. But that is essentially redesigning a game, so...just rhetorical talk here.
    I totally agree about Support Roles. 5 mans instanced Dungeons with one Role set aside for Support is the best design IMO. It allows players to use more or less Support based on their comp and gear level. It's also (for many of us) a fun role.

10+ Year Old Account

Could be, not sure. I have posted on the official forums, now I can only wait.

Alternatively, once you start doing Brayflox/Cutters Cry/Stone Vigil the que times go way down for every class besides WHM/SCH, which both go up. On my BLM I would say average que is about 15-20 minutes at worst, on my brothers WAR it's usually between 1-2 minutes, and my roommates WHM has between 3-5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    E.g. if there are 5k people queing right now, with 1k tanks, 1k healers and 3k dps, and you get 10k people queing tomorrow with 2k tanks, 2k healers, and 6k dps, the wait time will remain the same.
    It's called being positive. But thank you Mr. Fact Checker. I'd love to see your data that the next 10K people to create characters are only going to fit your numbers. Oh right, you're just guessing people will follow some pattern, when reality is that the situation is entirely unpredictable.

You say bell curve, I say Chaos Theory. *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree about Support Roles. 5 mans instanced Dungeons with one Role set aside for Support is the best design IMO. It allows players to use more or less Support based on their comp and gear level. It's also (for many of us) a fun role.
    I think it allows a greater flexibility and obviously different niches for players as you mentioned. It's a little more difficult to design a game like that, but I think Rift handles it well. I think the key is easy build swapping and large diversity...something this game could have used to a similar advantage, but games are designed how their creators want them to be.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    And now 2002 error. The lobby is broken lol That maintenance really did the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    any gathering prof to go along with Alchemist ?

Deleted
    any official word on "you are already logged in?"

Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    any official word on "you are already logged in?"

Give it time. It resets eventually. I had that happen when I crashed on Saturday. Took like 10 min to clear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    any gathering prof to go along with Alchemist ?
    Botany (and Fishing and Mining to a lesser extent) afaik.

http://eorzeareborn.com/crafting-and...-realm-reborn/