Anyone tell me where I can get the majority of housing items? I got an apartment but no idea where to get stuff outside the market board
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Anyone tell me where I can get the majority of housing items?
    Mostly from crafting, http://en.ff14housing.com/.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tell me where I can get the majority of housing items? I got an apartment but no idea where to get stuff outside the market board
    Talk to the housing merchant in any of the wards to get standard/basic items.

Well on a whim i joined a Zurvan Ex pf run and we one shot with everyone in 258 or lower gear. That was insanely easy. I can only imagine the horror stories are from people that STILL dont know "purple eye means look the hell away".

playing white mage now after being astrologian for so long is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEIRD

I am use to A LOT of buttons to press as my astrologian and being on white mage is so simple

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I can only imagine the horror stories are from people that STILL dont know "purple eye means look the hell away".
    Some don't know, some don't care. See it all the time in POTD when multiple Pots get pulled and some dippus gets spiked off the map.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Some don't know, some don't care. See it all the time in POTD when multiple Pots get pulled and some dippus gets spiked off the map.
    From my experience in random groups they don't get pulled but added, which comes from the "uh skip as much as possible"-scenarios. Then 2-3 pots caboom

so does anyone have an easy way to use ground targeted spells on a ps4 controller? The cursor just moves slow even after giving it max speed under settings. I'd rather just cast it under a person If I have them targeted and if not targeted have the cursor appear.

I am use to A LOT of buttons to press as my astrologian and being on white mage is so simple
    The biggest issue I've had with the White Mage is that a lot of its's skills seem very... Unnessacary. They're overloaded with powerful single target heals for the most part. While there is certainly a need for those type of skills, they do tend to feel a bit generic at times. They could really do with diversifying into some other area.

If you want something more complex you can always try the Scholar. Between managing your pet, throwing out heals, and DPSing there's a lot thats going on at any one time. Personally, I thought the Astrologan was a little bit too gimicky with the card buffs. Sure they're nice little additions, but for randomised buffs to be the entire focus of a healing class? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    From my experience in random groups they don't get pulled but added, which comes from the "uh skip as much as possible"-scenarios. Then 2-3 pots caboom
    I've just had a group that's done exactly this - And stood on a lure trap just to make extra sure. I've even gone as far as to have a macro for the Witching Pomander for when it inevitably happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are they overloaded on single target heals? Tetra, cure 1/2 and benediction. That's one more than Ast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    How are they overloaded on single target heals? Tetra, cure 1/2 and benediction. That's one more than Ast.
    They have Regen too, it has a huge 1050 potency over it's duration. I'd count that as a single target heal too, given how it's single target, a heal, and requires you choose between using the recast timer on Regen or something else. I know not everyone will agree with that opinion however .

But combining their 4 Single target heals, along with Presence of Mind and Divine Seal just gives them the feeling of being overwhelmingly about their numbers. Not that there's anything wrong with that from a design point of view, but playing one feels more like choosing the right size hammer rather than choosing the right tool for the job. Hence why I think adding some diversity in there, while still keeping the Job approachable, would be a good idea moving into Stormblood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    They have Regen too, it has a huge 1050 potency over it's duration. I'd count that as a single target heal too, given how it's single target, a heal, and requires you choose between using the recast timer on Regen or something else. I know not everyone will agree with that opinion however .

But combining their 4 Single target heals, along with Presence of Mind and Divine Seal just gives them the feeling of being overwhelmingly about their numbers. Not that there's anything wrong with that from a design point of view, but playing one feels more like choosing the right size hammer rather than choosing the right tool for the job. Hence why I think adding some diversity in there, while still keeping the Job approachable, would be a good idea moving into Stormblood.
    Counting regen it still only one more than AST. How exactly would you diversify WHM then? They're suppose be the 'pure' healer class.

Er...WHM is fine healing wise, I'd say. It may not fit the "meta", but said meta is completely unnecessary for clearing content at this point.

That said, it's the only healer I ever really play. I like the toolkit it provides with it's CC and AoE (both damage and healing). Never really got my mind wrapped around SCH (only got it via leveling SMN). I suppose I could play AST as well...cards are yummy (when you get the right ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I suppose I could play AST as well...cards are yummy (when you get the right ones).
    Healed A9S earlier as AST, 2 WAR's and 2 DRG's in group.

Pulled Spire from deck and had many friends wanting that card for TP, we didn't have BRD/MCH on that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Pulled Spire from deck and had many friends wanting that card for TP, we didn't have BRD/MCH on that run.
    Fine by me so long as fellow BLMs get the balance (and arrow) cards.

Counting regen it still only one more than AST. How exactly would you diversify WHM then? They're suppose be the 'pure' healer class.
    Were it up to me, I'd look at adding more spells like Stoneskin and in keeping with the Elemental theme, I'd have them be Waterskin and Aeroskin. Perhaps one heals the target when they get hit and the other restores HP over time while it remains unbroken. Just something to add a little bit more to them than picking the right sized heal. Not much, mind you, just something unique for them to offer a group than raw healing power.

Perhaps expanding on Regen and adding more HoT's would also be a way to add some diversity, however I would much prefer that comes later on as a theme for a new Healer than to be the White Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Er...WHM is fine healing wise, I'd say.
    As a healer, it's totally fine. But I think it could use something else to really differentiate it amongst the other healers. They can all put out enough healing, but the Astrologian and Scholar have other unique tools to offer, where the White Mage doesn't have anything other jobs can't bring.

15+ Year Old Account

That's when you RR it infront of their eyes right? Kappa

I can't find it, but someone posted a comic of about them RRing spire infront of a TP starved melee back near the beginning of heavensward. They made the dumb comment of "manage your tp/cds better!" It would've fit with my joke tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's when you RR it infront of their eyes right? Kappa
    Naturally, and next card is another Spire - so everybody gets half.

15+ Year Old Account
    Naturally, and next card is another Spire - so everybody gets half.
    Well, a little bit of TP is better than no TP!

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Were it up to me, I'd look at adding more spells like Stoneskin and in keeping with the Elemental theme, I'd have them be Waterskin and Aeroskin. Perhaps one heals the target when they get hit and the other restores HP over time while it remains unbroken. Just something to add a little bit more to them than picking the right sized heal. Not much, mind you, just something unique for them to offer a group than raw healing power. .
    Don't really see how that diversity's WHM's skill set. Throw them both up because they'd be pretty much free healing just like Regen. Doesn't make WHM sound any different than it is now.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-02-09 at 10:28 PM.

so does anyone have an easy way to use ground targeted spells on a ps4 controller? The cursor just moves slow even after giving it max speed under settings. I'd rather just cast it under a person If I have them targeted and if not targeted have the cursor appear.
    including pressing R1 and using left stick?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got 10 frontline wins, had enough losses to buy 3 Garo pvp sets and starting on my 3rd. 28 feasts for the second mount and ill just throw in the frontline daily to pad the numbers for the final one.