Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Live letter was underwhelming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...cer_live_part/

Pretty annoying that Eureka has been pushed back to 4.2.

Something tells me they are starting to struggle to keep this whole 3 month patch thing afloat.

I mean what do we actually get for losing 1 dungeon?

A Savage fight that very few people will see which is ok since there does need to be harder content.

Running the same dungeons but with NPCs isn't exactly engaging.
    YOu mean the death of DF lol. I saw that WHM/CNJ casting DPS spells and I was sold. As long as the DPS do good damage then I got my new squad. AND I CAN DECK THEM OUT IN LIKE MATCHING OUTFITS AND SHIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    YOu mean the death of DF lol. I saw that WHM/CNJ casting DPS spells and I was sold. As long as the DPS do good damage then I got my new squad. AND I CAN DECK THEM OUT IN LIKE MATCHING OUTFITS AND SHIT?
    Hehe yeah. I just wouldn't count it as pure content. If anything being able to run Dungeons you've already done but with NPCs qualifies as QoL imo. Which odd numbered patches usually are.

I mean I'll see how it is on the 10th but I'm genuinely getting 3.1 vibes from this.

But it just seems to me we lost 1 dungeon and in return got content aimed at a more specific playerbase in Unending Coil.

There's the trailer if anyone is interested. Even that doesn't get me hyped.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-29 at 02:26 PM.

New Beast Tribe, new Hildi, new MSQ are what I'm most interested in. Squad dungeons sound lame, cos you only get emotes and glam for the squad, plus a 'reduced amount of XP' which again sounds like not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    There's only 5 dungeons you can do them with IIRC, ranging from 20-50. Now if that means you can get a roulette reward, maybe it has value. Otherwise it's just junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm the 24 man raid was pushed back?
    My cat won't have much to do in 4.1, considering that my WHM will be through with the tomes, DRK is already in full omega normal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm the 24 man raid was pushed back?
    My cat won't have much to do in 4.1, considering that my WHM will be through with the tomes, DRK is already in full omega normal gear.
    The raid is still coming as far as I know.

Just Eureka and supposedly the Relic Weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid is still coming as far as I know.
    Just Eureka and supposedly the Relic Weapon.
    No clue what Eureka is supposed to be.
    Next Tier of 8man raids? If so, it comes as no surprise, as they were always 2 patches apart.

No clue what Eureka is supposed to be.
    Next Tier of 8man raids? If so, it comes as no surprise, as they were always 2 patches apart.
    No it's basically an open world area with High Notorious monsters. Or at least that was part of the concept presented.

They mentioned our relic quest for Stormblood taking place there.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-29 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's basically an open world area with High Notorious monsters. Or at least that was part of the concept presented.
    They mentioned our relic quest for Stormblood taking place there.
    Sounds fishy. Diadem 3.0?
    Also, meh open world. Means that it's probably DPS content. >.<

Sounds fishy. Diadem 3.0?
    Also, meh open world. Means that it's probably DPS content. >.<
    Kind of but they kept saying not to compare it to Diadem.

I'm a bit more peeved if our relics don't arrive with 4.1 since they usually keep me busy because I casually farm it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-29 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presenting the ShopTo In-Game Item Campaign!

FINAL FANTASY XIV and ShopTo are partnering to offer European players an opportunity to obtain a range of Eastern-themed in-game items!

Make a qualifying purchase from a range of Square Enix games on ShopTo.net to obtain a unique mount, outfit, weapon and more!

Campaign Duration

From Friday, September 29, 2017 at 13:00 (BST) / 12:00 (GMT) to Friday, October 20, 2017

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...6f34af8ea0defa

Eh, to have relic weapons right this instant could invalidate anything below 330 weapons, perhaps; otherwise we're looking at some ridiculous grind for inferior weapons. Anyone remember the 210 anima weapon quest pre-nerf? Yeah, dem 20 unidentifieds and all those HQ 1 star crafts...not fun. Not to mention the dickassery that was the first quest, with all that FATE grinding we know and love.

Only having 1 dungeon per odd numbered patch is...I dunno. I'm of the opinion to wait and see what all exactly we get throughout the entirety of SB before casting a verdict on that. Not that my verdict matters much, unless I'm so vehemently disappointed with the game that I quit playing. The only dungeons that, imo, are honestly fun would be those we do while leveling, since they're tuned to a degree that they can't be vastly overgeared. Kugane Castle and Temple of the Fist are a snooze by the time one is at 310 ilvl...

I'd honestly like to see something to the effect of extreme/savage dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's the trailer if anyone is interested. Even that doesn't get me hyped.
    No new hairstyles, eh?

Tho, did notice this in the trailer - hopefully it's not NPC exclusive.

Spoiler: 

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit more peeved if our relics don't arrive with 4.1 since they usually keep me busy because I casually farm it.
    Yeah I share that sentiment. As much of a grind as it was, it was one of them long term goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I know why Machinists have guns.
    "Hypercharge potency up"

And why SMNs have books.
    "- Summon recast time will be shortned to 3 seconds, MP usage will go down.
    - DWT will be adjusted to include the following: When in DWT, Tri-Bind potency increase by 100, Bind effect will be totally gone, and AoE. Ruin III will not have cast time.
    - Ruin III replaces Ruin I, Ruin IV replaces Ruin II, Ruin IV will have no cast time (Instant)
    - Devotion now buffed to include all party members as long as they are around the pet.
    - Demi Bahamut is resized from the other player side instead. Meaning if they don't like your Bahamut size they can change it themselves."

But it just seems to me we lost 1 dungeon and in return got content aimed at a more specific playerbase in Unending Coil.

Yep, we'll see how this goes for XIV down the road. I worry about it turning into WoW's raid focus mentality with everything else being low priority compared to putting out new content for the savage raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of but they kept saying not to compare it to Diadem.

Relics are usually after the x.1 patch, though. Usually the x.1.5 if I recall

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Yep, we'll see how this goes for XIV down the road. I worry about it turning into WoW's raid focus mentality with everything else being low priority compared to putting out new content for the savage raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Relics are usually after the x.1 patch, though. Usually the x.1.5 if I recall
    Yeah but I'm sure I remember them saying they wanted Eureka to be focused around it which isn't coming until 4.2.

As for your first comment I sure as hell hope they don't as well. If it starts going down the road of raids>other content then I'm out. I like the fact there is loads to do. Even the Gold Saucer keeps me preoccupied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Presenting the ShopTo In-Game Item Campaign!

FINAL FANTASY XIV and ShopTo are partnering to offer European players an opportunity to obtain a range of Eastern-themed in-game items!

Make a qualifying purchase from a range of Square Enix games on ShopTo.net to obtain a unique mount, outfit, weapon and more!

Campaign Duration

From Friday, September 29, 2017 at 13:00 (BST) / 12:00 (GMT) to Friday, October 20, 2017

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...6f34af8ea0defa
    Would be nice if the SITE WAS UP!

It's either still in maintenance or really screwed up atm. Was gonna get myself Nier for PS4 for the whole promo.

Honestly disappointed Eureka isn't coming in 4.1 but maybe it's a good thing. Less steps could mean possibly less time to acquire it and it also prevents the first step from being utterly useless. The new Alliance raid looks interesting and I'm super pumped for that as I saw a Bangaa in there.

I am curious though what item level the primal weapon will be. Maybe 335? or 340? 340 seems high.

Also...

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialApa...onItsBoshyTime

best thing ever. seriously. if only Bard didn't give me wrist pains.

and...

https://i.redd.it/amg9vevivtoz.png seems like they're removing allied seals. maybe everything is centurion now or allied seals stuff costs GC seals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if the SITE WAS UP!

It's either still in maintenance or really screwed up atm. Was gonna get myself Nier for PS4 for the whole promo.
    I'm somewhat annoyed that apparently only option for me would be FFXIV gametime card since games apparently are all for console only. And those gametime cards are already sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Honestly disappointed Eureka isn't coming in 4.1 but maybe it's a good thing. Less steps could mean possibly less time to acquire it and it also prevents the first step from being utterly useless. The new Alliance raid looks interesting and I'm super pumped for that as I saw a Bangaa in there.

I am curious though what item level the primal weapon will be. Maybe 335? or 340? 340 seems high.

Also...

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialApa...onItsBoshyTime

best thing ever. seriously. if only Bard didn't give me wrist pains.

and...

https://i.redd.it/amg9vevivtoz.png seems like they're removing allied seals. maybe everything is centurion now or allied seals stuff costs GC seals?
    While the first set of steps in 3.1 were awful they kept me busy until 3.2. I'm just hoping the content coming lasts 3 months for me. Right now as I said I have 3.1 vibes but I'll wait and see what the patch is like before any final judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm somewhat annoyed that apparently only option for me would be FFXIV gametime card since games apparently are all for console only. And those gametime cards are already sold out.
    Works for me because I want Nier on PS4. People keep telling me it's awesome and I should get it.

Is there a minimum amount I have to spend to get specific items or is the item code random?

Because if it's a random item code then fuck that. I'm not taking a chance at the cloud mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Works for me because I want Nier on PS4. People keep telling me it's awesome and I should get it.
    Aye, friend got himself Zodiac Age - or at least tried to.

Can't they just hurry up and add those items to MogStation already? Tired of these campaigns I "can't" participate in.