5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're added with the launch of 6.0. It isn't a guarantee, though there's a decent chance that it is on their to do list.

Viera with glasses, now all is right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...24#post4975024

Good news letter from producer confirmed they worked on getting alot of the helm models working on the new races soo shouldn't be much that doens't work now. Also new sneak peeks at Viera/Ronso
    The fact the man sat there and /saluted the team for basically giving it their all just shows what an amazing dev team this game has compared to other games.

Just makes me proud to be part of a community like this and throwing my money at devs that actually want to make a product for the players. Just wish companies like Bethesda, EA and Blizzard had the same mindset towards its fans these days.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-10 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Apparently the dev team - behind Yoshida's back and without him telling them to or ever suggesting they do it - spent their free time working on making over 540 headpieces compatible with the new races when the original plan was the only things they could wear would have been things that replace the head model entirely.

This is what it's like to have passionate developers working on the game, I love this team so much.
    Was there any work involved other than rescaling existing models? I mean all the races in FFXIV are essentially different sized humans, it shouldn't be too hard to fit gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Finally got PLD to lvl.70 and have all the jobs capped! 1870 levels in total, and in two months i'll have over 200 more. But for now my completionist OCD is sated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Was there any work involved other than rescaling existing models? I mean all the races in FFXIV are essentially different sized humans, it shouldn't be too hard to fit gear.
    For Viera, I imagine they went back and reworked everything so the ears poke through rather than having giant stands of molded metal like the miqo'te have in a lot of older helmets. I wouldn't think glasses would take as much work.

For Hrothgar, complete rework of everything since their face is completely not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    For Viera, I imagine they went back and reworked everything so the ears poke through rather than having giant stands of molded metal like the miqo'te have in a lot of older helmets. I wouldn't think glasses would take as much work.

For Hrothgar, complete rework of everything since their face is completely not human.
    Just allowing clipping ears would have solved the problem. Hrothgar are Roegadyn with slightly curvier face and horns, I doubt there's much to rework there other than avoiding nose clipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Different size and different shape, different frames, different animations, etc.... Even if it's not a lot of work for each item there's THOUSANDS of items, which is the problem.

According to the letter there's over 10,000 equippable items, even if every one only took 5 minutes to adjust (which is probably not even possible) that's still over 800 hours of work, for each race race, and that's just the cost RIGHT NOW. He also mentioned the upkeep, because once you add the race, you have to make gear for it going forward, adding that much time and effort going forward as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Just allowing clipping ears would have solved the problem. Hrothgar are Roegadyn with slightly curvier face and horns, I doubt there's much to rework there other than avoiding nose clipping.
    Again...the amount of work on each item isn't the problem, it's the number of items, which is called out explicitly in the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The fact the man sat there and /saluted the team for basically giving it their all just shows what an amazing dev team this game has compared to other games.

Just makes me proud to be part of a community like this and throwing my money at devs that actually want to make a product for the players. Just wish companies like Bethesda, EA and Blizzard had the same mindset towards its fans these days.
    I don't know anything about Japanese business law, but in the US this is illegal that's why it doesn't happen. It's not oh they care more. It's because they'll be fired and blacklisted in the industry for violating labor laws.

You cannot work on company assets "off the clock" for free. Even as a salaried employee there are protections against this, but they're more muddied.

If they simply dedicated "downtime" to working on that issue as a cooperative effort, then that's fine, but sounds like PR spin if I'm being honest. Marketing 101. God knows I've sold a similar story before to executive leadership . Maybe I'm just a cynic tho.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2019-05-10 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I don't know anything about Japanese business law, but in the US this is illegal that's why it doesn't happen. It's not oh they care more. It's because they'll be fired and blacklisted in the industry for violating labor laws.

You cannot work on company assets "off the clock" for free. Even as a salaried employee there are protections against this, but they're more muddied.

If they simply dedicated "downtime" to working on that issue as a cooperative effort, then that's fine, but sounds like PR spin if I'm being honest. Marketing 101. God knows I've sold a similar story before to executive leadership . Maybe I'm just a cynic tho.
    Nah you ain't a cynic mate. We all have our opinions at the end of the day.

I just think that the dedication this team put into the game is flat out incredible. I think it's safe to say that in my opinion that "1.0 stigma" people like to mention is long gone.

And it's not just with this game either. Square Enix themselves seem to have had a bit of a shift recently with games.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wish they'd do that for Miqo's too. Most headpieces look completely terrible on them due to the awkward ear covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah I wish they'd do that for Miqo's too. Most headpieces look completely terrible on them due to the awkward ear covers.
    I ended up using a fantasia to change from au ra male to female just because the awful sanic hair could be changed but the male horns are a nightmare.

Nah you ain't a cynic mate. We all have our opinions at the end of the day.

I just think that the dedication this team put into the game is flat out incredible. I think it's safe to say that in my opinion that "1.0 stigma" people like to mention is long gone.

And it's not just with this game either. Square Enix themselves seem to have had a bit of a shift recently with games.
    Even as one of SE's bigger critics I don't hold 1.0 against SE anymore. They've done more than enough to make up for that IMO.

Any recommendations on other SE games I should try? The most recent ones I played left some foul ass tastes in my mouth:

FF15, Dissidia, Star Ocean 5, & Lost Sphear being the most recent were all incredibly bad games IMO, like so embarrassingly bad they should never have been made. They offered absolutely nothing, not a single redeeming quality IMO. I give them credit for Nier Automata, but even as much as that game blew me away it was insanely repetitive and not in a good way like say Sekiro was.

They're developers of some of my favorite games of all time, but their recent games have done very little to inspire confidence. I started to think maybe it's just modern gaming, but then there's stuff like Persona 5, God of War, and Sekiro that remind me that modern gaming can be good. What I would give for a new Valkyrie Profile or Xenogears (not that saga bullshit), or tactics game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Even as one of SE's bigger critics I don't hold 1.0 against SE anymore. They've done more than enough to make up for that IMO.

Any recommendations on other SE games I should try? The most recent ones I played left some foul ass tastes in my mouth:

FF15, Dissidia, Star Ocean 5, & Lost Sphear being the most recent were all incredibly bad games IMO, like so embarrassingly bad they should never have been made. They offered absolutely nothing, not a single redeeming quality IMO. I give them credit for Nier Automata, but even as much as that game blew me away it was insanely repetitive and not in a good way like say Sekiro was.

They're developers of some of my favorite games of all time, but their recent games have done very little to inspire confidence. I started to think maybe it's just modern gaming, but then there's stuff like Persona 5, God of War, and Sekiro that remind me that modern gaming can be good. What I would give for a new Valkyrie Profile or Xenogears (not that saga bullshit), or tactics game.
    Dragon Quest 11. Honestly other than the MIDI soundfont it's great.

I personally loved Lost Sphear so can't agree on that. I think calling FF15 "something that shouldn't have been made" imo is a bit harsh but I do get the criticism surrounding it. Dissidia though I agree in a sense. Past Dissidia games were decent and NT was just meh.

I think Chocobos Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy (a remaster of the Wii one) is a decent game for what the Chocobo Dungeon series is supposed to be but it's very short.

The Last Remnant if you wanna go a bit older imo is a lost gem of a game imo.

I agree that their current library might not be for everyone and whatnot but they've definitely been improving imo these past few years.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-10 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Miqo'te ears are a precious treasure that must be protected. XD

Lalafells are a precious treasure that must be protected. XD
    Fixed that for you! :P

And at least you 2 don't have to deal with Au Ra where the horns clip through everything except the Garo armour.

Dragon Quest 11. Honestly other than the MIDI soundfont it's great.

I personally loved Lost Sphear so can't agree on that. I think calling FF15 "something that shouldn't have been made" imo is a bit harsh but I do get the criticism surrounding it. Dissidia though I agree in a sense. Past Dissidia games were decent and NT was just meh.

I think Chocobos Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy (a remaster of the Wii one) is a decent game for what the Chocobo Dungeon series is supposed to be but it's very short.

The Last Remnant if you wanna go a bit older imo is a lost gem of a game imo.

I agree that their current library might not be for everyone and whatnot but they've definitely been improving imo these past few years.
    DQXI is awesome.

Octopath is supposed to be coming to steam too, so that should be good.

Fixed that for you! :P

And at least you 2 don't have to deal with Au Ra where the horns clip through everything except the Garo armour.
    You should have edited "treasure" to "cinnamon bun" as well.

Unrelated (but eventually related) to FFXIV.... how bout dat FFVII remake new teaser trailer, eh? With the amount of stuff we've gotten that's VII related, I'm wondering what we'll get in relation to it when that actually does release.

I'm assuming the true Buster Sword for DRKs, maybe Cloud's SOLDIER outfit for everyone?

You should have edited "treasure" to "cinnamon bun" as well.

Unrelated (but eventually related) to FFXIV.... how bout dat FFVII remake new teaser trailer, eh? With the amount of stuff we've gotten that's VII related, I'm wondering what we'll get in relation to it when that actually does release.

I'm assuming the true Buster Sword for DRKs, maybe Cloud's SOLDIER outfit for everyone?
    There's only one Lala worthy of that title and here she is.....

Friends shared this one with me a week or two ago. It's pretty fun. Feels like something that would be on a Blu Ray extras from a movie of the cast goofing around on set.