Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who should i Soulstone?

I'm fairly new to warlocks, just wondering should i SS the healer? or tank?
    also see some locks SS'ing themselves.

atm i have been putting it on the tank. Could be the wrong thing to do, but thats why i'm here!

Deleted
    You arent supposed to soulstone any1... rather have the soulstone ready for when some1 dies and combat ress them with it...

what the others have said. make it and save it in your bag. if you are talking 5 man, personally i save it for the tank or the healer. if a dps stands in fire - no rez for them.

so what if the lock dies before the healer (or someone who can rez) who isn't soul stoned? then everyone gets to run back and its a loss of time to everyone
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. Our warlock SSs one of our healers that we ALL know is going to die on certain fights (he sucks at dodging sound for Atramedes, even though the shit's nerfed.) Other fights he'll save it because we all know to attack Rageface when he's beating the crap out of someone and no one will die on Shannox, or on Rhyolith, but on Beth'tilac he'll SS the spider AoE since they always get too close and on Alys he SSs himself because he's the flier.

It all depends on how well you know your group and the fight. Sometimes you have to put a safety net on idiots, sometimes you don't. :P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    The difference warlocks have with other brezzes is that x can take warlock rez even if the lock is dead.

Maybe brezzes are scarce in 10 man but in 25, I just stone the tank. It is a much faster rez than the massive cast time that there Is on casting a stone on someone. And at the end of the day, only the tank is "allowed' to die. Others must live or they have failed

There is still some merit to placing a stone on someone but the uses are rare. Also our rez is only to 30% while druids can glyph to 100% which means if you have any druids then it's their job to brez if possible.

To the comment above about only the tank is allowed to die and anyone else has just failed, your wrong. There is plenty of unavoidable damage in the game that can kill you even if you do nothing wrong. Take for example the Lava Bolts during heroic Rag, they hit for like 70k and hit random people. If he decides to hit you twice in a row that means you either got topped off in about 3 sec from your healers or you died by no fault of your own.

Don't SS anyone. Save it to res someone else.

This talk about "What if the warlock is dead?" is nonsense really. There's no reason why your warlock should be dying early. You have self-heals, soul link, soul shatter, healthstone.. it just shouldn't happen.

Obviously it is possible in a raid that you just get bad RNG, but it's not all that likely, and as a warlock you should be one of the lowest priorities to res anyway when druids can res people at full health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    so what if the lock dies before the healer (or someone who can rez) who isn't soul stoned? then everyone gets to run back and its a loss of time to everyone
    What if the healer dies, no one in the group can battle rez, and the tank had the soulstone?
    At least with the lock not using the stone, he can make the choice of who to revive, instead of using it on X, but then Y dies and no one can bring Y back.
    Both sides have their flaws.

Deleted
    When I was playing 10man a while back, it was me and a restodruid capable of battle ressing. Seeing as the resto druids target got brought back with much more hp/mana, he would always CR if somebody died. As such, I just soulstoned him since that covered all bases.

He dies, he already has SS.
    Somebody else dies, he uses rebirth.

As such I can agree it's suitable to SS in certain cases, but most of the time it's best to save it for when somebody actually dies.

I SS myself in 5mans only when things go downhill for several reasons.

My portal is at the door ready to port and run out to reset (if possible). I have mass rez (not everybody in lfd has it). I never die to standing in fire/bad, unless tanks isn't holding aggro, in which case I will port out of the room anyway procided I don't get 1 shotted. I choose to die in a safe spot instead of under the bosses feet before he is pulled or where mobs spawn, unlike a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post

He dies, he already has SS.
    Somebody else dies, he uses rebirth..
    Said 10 man, isn't there a "1 Battle Rez Per Encounter" limit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Said 10 man, isn't there a "1 Battle Rez Per Encounter" limit?
    Yep, which is why it would've been a waste to use my SS on him if that wasn't the case. However, seeing as how only one can die per encounter the "tactic" worked good.

The 1 battle rez per fight for some reason doesn't cover shaman ankh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The 1 battle rez per fight for some reason doesn't cover shaman ankh though.
    That's because it's not a battle rez in the sense that it can only be used on the shaman casting it. Droods, DKs, and evil, evil 'locks can cast their battle rez on other people.

Im pretty sure using your soulstone preemptively will waste one of your allowed battle reses. Horrible idea to SS pre-pull anyone, unless the leader says otherwise, you are just wasting a bres on someone who could have been ressed that failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait till some1 die, its a battleress , don't waste it by pre casting it on some1 before fight, can be useless that way

Deleted
    make a SS and keep it in your bags untill someone that needs to be alive dies

If you just preemptively soulstone someone, you're going to wind up not having a battle res for half or even 2/3 of your attempts depending on the fight.

At least use the ridiculous cooldown on someone who can definitely use it >.<