Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new account restrictions?

long time reader but new account here. I just tried quoting someone in a post and got an error that I 'couldn't use links or images' until I had posted a few times. Seems weird that using the quote button would be considered a link or image but ok. That post was in regards to some math being discussed and probably wouldn't have made sense without the quote, so I didn't post it : /

I'm attempting to make this thread with no quotes, links or images! Hopefully counting toward the quota I need before I can quote others when I post : D

Is this working as intended or am I missing something?

We do have it set up where you need a certain amount of posts to have links. This is just for protection against Spammers and such who want you to buy their items at low low prices.

yeah that makes sense for sure; I just never considered forum quote features to be a 'link'. But I can see how it technically is one.

Thanks for the word on it^^

(3 posts now woot!)

It would very much depend on the content of the quote. For instance, if you just quoted my text from above, that probably wouldn't be an issue. If the quote had a link or something in it, it could present a problem.

I'd have to go double check or poke someone with a little more insight to be 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    It would very much depend on the content of the quote. For instance, if you just quoted my text from above, that probably wouldn't be an issue. If the quote had a link or something in it, it could present a problem.

I'd have to go double check or poke someone with a little more insight to be 100% sure.
    When you quote someone it automatically puts in a link to their post (that blue arrow). If you want to quote someone and haven't gotten the post count of 10 yet you should be able to fudge it a little.

[QUOTE=Radux;14455057]It would very much depend on the content of the quote. For instance, if you just quoted my text from above, that probably wouldn't be an issue. If the quote had a link or something in it, it could present a problem.

I'd have to go double check or poke someone with a little more insight to be 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

If you delete that part that I colored orange, you should be able to use them as a fix until you get to 10 post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If you delete that part that I colored orange, you should be able to use them as a fix until you get to 10 post count.
    Touche, my dear.

When you quote someone it automatically puts in a link to their post (that blue arrow). If you want to quote someone and haven't gotten the post count of 10 yet you should be able to fudge it a little.

[QUOTE=Radux;14455057]It would very much depend on the content of the quote. For instance, if you just quoted my text from above, that probably wouldn't be an issue. If the quote had a link or something in it, it could present a problem.

I'd have to go double check or poke someone with a little more insight to be 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

had to make a new account to test this theory.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The post you quoted must have had a picture or image link in it.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2011-12-01 at 06:19 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Hmmm that's interesting too. Have to agree with Tyrianth then

I haz no smart qq

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm that's interesting too. Have to agree with Tyrianth then

I haz no smart qq
    I'm sorry of robbing you of your smart. D:
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yep - I just got the msg I can't send a pm to anyone until I've posted 10 times. frustrating..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bawnie View Post
    Yep - I just got the msg I can't send a pm to anyone until I've posted 10 times. frustrating..
    Maybe. Still it's not difficult to make 10 constructive posts on these forums. There are thousands of topics to choose from. Please, just don't spam the forum to get there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haz no smart qq
    Do people with autority need smart? "What, you're right and I'm wrong?" *ban* or not?

Anyways, 10 posts are easy to get by and afaik, this restriction is there since... Ever?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

If you were trying to PM the moderation staff, you can still PM Sunshine or Bibi under 10 posts. There's a section on the 10 post restrictions in the S&F FAQ sticky at the top of the page.

Q: Why can't I post links/have a signature/send private messages?
    A: You'll need to reach a minimum of 10 posts before you're able to do any of the above, though please don't spam to 10 posts just to be able to do these things. This is set in place to help cut down on the amount of spam advertisers. If you need to talk to a moderator while still under 10 posts, you can PM Sunshine or Boubouille. (Sources: Sig1, Sig2, Sig3, Sig4, Links1, Links2, Links3, PM.)

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I'd like to meet any 10 post minimum requirements, but all of my posts I've made today apparently require moderator approval to be posted. Which like 8 hours later still have not been posted. So even if they're approved, they'll appear at bizarre points and have little to do with the current conversation, I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'd like to meet any 10 post minimum requirements, but all of my posts I've made today apparently require moderator approval to be posted. Which like 8 hours later still have not been posted. So even if they're approved, they'll appear at bizarre points and have little to do with the current conversation, I'm sure
    They do that? o.0

I didn't even know moderator approval requirements even existed. Maybe to cut down even more on spam bots?...

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I didn't even know moderator approval requirements even existed. Maybe to cut down even more on spam bots?...
    Something like that, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    For what it's worth, they'll appear in the thread where you intended them to be. Admittedly they'll be buried because the thread has moved on.

Modded posts only occur with very new accounts if they match some of the mysterious criteria in the spam filter. Most of the time we try to approve them quickly, but sometimes they get buried even to us :-(.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    We do have it set up where you need a certain amount of posts to have links. This is just for protection against Spammers and such who want you to buy their items at low low prices.
    So wait, MMO-Champion are stopping from being a clever consumer and buying things at low low prices?! THIS IS WRONG AND UNJUST AND EVIL AND I AM MAD.