Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Actually he summed it up perfectly. I have ran LFR 3 times with other guildies to help gear them I only received loot once. What Vodka did was not an exploit but a clever use of mechanics most of the guilds have been using for over a year. Yes I am a vodka Fanboy so deal with it.
    LOL Cleaver use of machanics, guess you fell the same way about bots? You guys can try to defend this, but fact is it was an Exploit and not a cleaver use of mechanics. GG

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I just explained it. Read my comments if you want to discuss.

How is this fun for Blood Legion for example? They get world first because all the competition is banned. There is no race anymore. If you have watched that documentary about world first guilds you know they only play for that race and that's where they get their fun from.

And I for one like following the race to world first which is now obviously not worth following anymore.

Are you going to laugh now because some people find entertainment/pleasure from doing things that you don't like or understand?
    Your posts are all repeating the same crap with different words. As you can see, 95% of the people here think you are wrong and the time length was justified.

Most people don't care about the race enough to be pissed of about who wins it, cause mot of us have no chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    using 22 saved toons so 3 can get the loot IS exploiting which is why they got banned.
    it's not exploiting, it's called master looting.

blizzard allowed to make 25 man premades to join lfr, at that point when 25 friends join a raid together they have full control of the loot because it's legal to pass.

if Vodka got banned (I don't know if they did, haven't read everything here)
    it's either because blizzard didn't look thoroughly into what they actually did and judged it solely on the amount of loot their players had.
    or maybe Vodka just lied and really did exploit like all the other guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sliek0722 View Post
    Everyone passed on a piece of gear. And it was sitting there rotting on the boss. So I looted it and sold it to a vendor.
    Technically you were exploiting if you had already killed that boss before. Not sure that's what happened tho.

Either way you should try calling them by phone. Calmly explain your situation. If they can't help you, then that's it. But if your story is true as you told it, I don't see why they wouldn't unban you. Remeber that raging never helps. Just tell them exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    They received an 8 day ban for obtaining more than three weeks worth of gear in a single sitting. I object to your idea that the punishment did not match the seriousness of the crime.
    Oke.

It's a crime now?

(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

If you logged into the game successfully, you agreed to the above. That should be the end to the discussion, but the power of entitlement is amazingly strong in some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    If the top .02% in the world quits, you better believe it will have consequences. If they all came out after this tier and said "sorry, we are done with this game, we found that ____ is better and more challenging", then you better believe tons of players are at least going to check it out... Also, these are the people who are coming up with the raid strategies that your guild uses, the addons that your guilds use, and all the min/maxing to figure out the absolute best spec/gear, so that you don't have to.
    I still have to disagree with you. That's not even a healthy portion of the top 1% or top 0.1%. It's nothing. Plenty of people love geeking out on the math and simming. There will always be theorycrafting, whether it's from the current people or those that replace them. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the contributions, but they are replacable. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake in this game. Your achievements are replicated 100's of times over. Even if it takes longer.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omirr View Post
    Technically you were exploiting if you had already killed that boss before. Not sure that's what happened tho.

Either way you should try calling them by phone. Calmly explain your situation. If they can't help you, then that's it. But if your story is true as you told it, I don't see why they wouldn't unban you. Remeber that raging never helps. Just tell them exactly what happened.
    In addition to this, It's recorded upon your logs which will come into play if your trying to unban your self.

Deleted
    How did people do the exploit i mean what was the exploit to get more loot? Do someone excatcly know excatcly what people did to get multiple loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    "We started looking into it, and found out that you can loot passed gear from bosses, regardless of save status, if you zone out and back into the instance." <-- hmm I didn't know that bit of the 'bug' .. that sounds more dodgy than someone simply passing gear onto someone else within the instance.
    That is the exact problem. They weren't sharing with guildies, they were abusing an obvious bug in the loot system for LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    8 day ban sounds fair. People using the exploit were effectively trying to fast forward their raid lockouts by several weeks, so I think them having around a week taken off of them in exchange makes sense, maybe even a bit generous considering the intent.

If I were one of the people caught in the crossfire, and banned for 72 hours or whatever, Blizzard are not the ones I would be angry with.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-12-06 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    This is such a skewed way of looking at it. You will definitely never have a future in business.
    Actually, nubcake, I'm a multi-millionare in South Africa. Got an IT business, six commercial properties, an on-line store... so, go f--k yourself. You don't punish customers for finding out how to use a system to their advantage when you were the one responsible for making the mistake in the first place. It's not like any laws were broken or anyone lost money. Some people just got a lot more loot. Big deal.

Mod Edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-12-06 at 05:24 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people even care about 384gear, funny to see all those "amagawd they need to get banned for outgearing other players" posts, while most of these people already had 391 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant View Post

blizzard allowed to make 25 man premades to join lfr, at that point when 25 friends join a raid together they have full control of the loot because it's legal to pass.

it's either because blizzard didn't look thoroughly into what they actually did and judged it solely on the amount of loot their players had.

they lied
    to many of the main raiders did lfr 6+ times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reffoo View Post
    How did people do the exploit i mean what was the exploit to get more loot? Do someone excatcly know excatcly what people did to get multiple loot?
    You run LFR with a full guild 25 man and complete it. Everyone is locked out. You bring in one alt for the 25th spot and run the dungeon. When a boss dies, the eligible looter passes on everything. The raid zones out and back in, the boss is now lootable by anyone.

They did this by replacing the 25th man with alts many, many times.
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant View Post

If vodka got banned it was from the exploit, not running with alts just to gear up their main. If you honestly believe if vodka states they didn't do that will you believe them just like that? You don't know for sure what they did, only blizzard knows since they can see that. I have personally talked with vodka before or tried to when I was on alliance and they just come off as elite arrogant ass holes. So I am not buying anything they state.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

They cheated, they got caught, they got banned. Why is this a big deal and why do people get upset they got banned?

A) Who cares who wins the world first besides like 10 guilds in the hunt
    B) No one is going to quit because their favorite guild got banned
    C) Haven't other guilds been banned for a week in the past (LK exploit?)
    D) So the race is delayed by a week, no one is going to beat the top guilds anyway
    C) People need to relax and understand wrong is wrong.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysko13 View Post
    Why do people even care about 384gear, funny to see all those "amagawd they need to get banned for outgearing other players" posts, while most of these people already had 391 gear.
    Again, its because they were doing it for tier bonuses which far exceed the higher ilvl gear from Firelands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Versastyles View Post
    they lied
    to many of the main raiders did lfr 6+ times.
    After they went in with their mains they stayed to help the other mains get their loot, not hard to comprehend.

Sharing is caring
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    Actually, nubcake, I'm a multi-millionare in South Africa. Got an IT business, six commercial properties, an on-line store... so, go f--k yourself.
    Uh huh and I'm Michael Morhaime, ~Rolls eyes~