Deleted

search with user filter returns "no such filter attribute 'userid'"

i wanted to look in the request a signature thread to see my posts and look for any potential replies, so i made a search using the advanced search query.

i entered "request a signature" in the search field, and my username ("nzall", full lowercase) in the user filter. i got the following answer:

"no such filter attribute 'userid'"

this seems a bug.

Yea the general search is... less than optimal imo ><

What works better is to go to the thread, and on the upper right corner there is an option to "Search Thread".

This is what I got when I searched the thread for your name: http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=34131235

Deleted
    Search links can't be shared.

Deleted
    thanks for the suggestion Arlee. seems noone picked my request. figures, since it wasn't that standard at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you screenshot the exact info you put into the search box so I can pass it up to the devs?

Deleted
    weird thing is, it works now, kinda.

1) search anything with the search box at the top.
    2) click "search" next to "search results" at the top left.
    3) enter "request a signature" in the keywords.
    4) enter "nzall" in username, select it if it comes up.

this thread appears as the only one in the list when you press search now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, throw me a screenshot anyway if you see it again (of both search page + error message), just so I make sure that we're on the same page and stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just FYI:
    An easier way to search for "yourself" in a thread is to go to the actual thread, click on the 'Search Thread' on the top right of the first post on each page, and then type in your name. That will search the thread for posts made by you and also posts that people quoted you in (assuming they didn't clip out your name).

The search feature will search only the content of posts, not the title of the thread by default (maybe there's an option in there to change it) so if you search for 'glados' instead of 'request a signature' you will get proper results
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Just FYI:
    An easier way to search for "yourself" in a thread is to go to the actual thread, click on the 'Search Thread' on the top right of the first post on each page, and then type in your name. That will search the thread for posts made by you and also posts that people quoted you in (assuming they didn't clip out your name).
    This doesn't work for me, it still only shows anytime I was quoted and nothing else.