Sixers Turnovers(Points off Turnovers): 19(23)

WELP

Golden State is only shooting 51%, but 13 for 29 from 3. Pitiful FT shooting on both sides. Sub 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    If Kevin Love stays healthy this year, I think he has a really good chance at getting MVP. They need to keep winning and make the playoffs for that though.

What I'm seeing from Love right now is absolutely beast mode, I pray that he'll stay healthy.
    Theyd need to finish really high, not just make the playoffs. Look at all the past MVPs. Practically all of them had teams that were the #1 or #2 seed in the entire conference.

Just to shed some light on what i mean, will put their standings in conference in parenthesis:
    2012: Lebron James (1st)
    2011: Lebron James (2nd)
    2010: Derrick Rose (1st)
    2009: Lebron James (1st)
    2008: Lebron James (1st)
    2007: Kobe Bryant (1st)
    2006: Dirk Nowitzki (1st)
    2005: Steve Nash (3rd)
    2004: Steve Nash (1st)
    2003: Kevin Garnett (1st)
    2002: Tim Duncan (1st)
    2001: Tim Duncan (1st)
    2000: Allen Iverson (1st)
    1999: Shaquille ONeal (1st)
    1998: Karl Malone (1st)
    1997: Michael Jordan (1st)
    1996: Karl Malone (1st)
    1995: Michael Jordan (1st)
    1994: David Robinson (1st)
    1993: Hakeem Olajuwan (2nd)
    1992: Charles Barkley (1st)
    1991: Michael Jordan (1st)
    1990: Michael Jordan (1st)

So ya. With Steve Nash as the ONLY outlier finishing as a 3rd seed I cant call Kevin Love a serious MVP candidate simply because I dont believe the Timberwolves will finish anywhere near the top 3 seeds. Nothing against Love. Hell even the 2nd seed having their player win MVP is pretty damn rare.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-11-05 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Theyd need to finish really high, not just make the playoffs. Look at all the past MVPs. Practically all of them had teams that were the #1 or #2 seed in the entire conference.

Just to shed some light on what i mean, will put their standings in conference in parenthesis:
    2012: Lebron James (1st)
    2011: Lebron James (2nd)
    2010: Derrick Rose (1st)
    2009: Lebron James (1st)
    2008: Lebron James (1st)
    2007: Kobe Bryant (1st)
    2006: Dirk Nowitzki (1st)
    2005: Steve Nash (3rd)
    2004: Steve Nash (1st)
    2003: Kevin Garnett (1st)
    2002: Tim Duncan (1st)
    2001: Tim Duncan (1st)
    2000: Allen Iverson (1st)
    1999: Shaquille ONeal (1st)
    1998: Karl Malone (1st)
    1997: Michael Jordan (1st)
    1996: Karl Malone (1st)
    1995: Michael Jordan (1st)
    1994: David Robinson (1st)
    1993: Hakeem Olajuwan (2nd)
    1992: Charles Barkley (1st)
    1991: Michael Jordan (1st)
    1990: Michael Jordan (1st)

So ya. With Steve Nash as the ONLY outlier finishing as a 3rd seed I cant call Kevin Love a serious MVP candidate simply because I dont believe the Timberwolves will finish anywhere near the top 3 seeds. Nothing against Love. Hell even the 2nd seed having their player win MVP is pretty damn rare.
    If Wolves makes the playoffs and he keep those stats up it's pathetic not to have him as a MVP candidate, you also have to look at his supporting cast. Can't just look at what place past MVPs got.. They had WAY better teammates.

Deleted
    Remember, there are whole lot of people close to NBA, that define MVP as "Best player on best team". And this list of past winners support that.

What's a good way to decide MVP and what's not is irrelevant. None of us have a vote lol. It's whatever those people who do have a vote want.

Like that time that guy wanted Melo to be MVP because Knicks would be trash without him even though Lebron won 27 games and had some crazy efficient streak.

Oh wait was that me? Nah that was someone from like 20 years ago.

Deleted
    Clippers on fire now after that loss to LAL.

Wasn't the 05 Nash win the year that Kobe should have won? The sexual assault thing was still hanging over his head and he was talking about leaving the Lakers so he was at the absolute bottom of his popularity. Hell the Rose win in 2010 was because nobody wanted to hand LeBron the MVP after he stabbed Cleveland in the back and Rose was the only guy that came even close.

Since that list was brought up over the MVP candidacy of Kevin Love, let's see him actually play a full season before we start handing him hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan only had 5, Lebron shouldn't have it handed to him every year.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-11-05 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Jordan only had 5, Lebron shouldn't have it handed to him every year.
    *cough* Not getting into Greatest debate but just because Jordan has X number doesn't mean it's an argument for Lebron not exceeding that.

Although I agree Lebron has to be good for him to win the award. Thing is, Kevin Love was always a beast lol.

I'm gonna do my super crystal ball analysis: James Harden or Chris Paul win MVP. Whichever one finishes with top seed in West.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm gonna do my super crystal ball analysis: James Harden or Chris Paul win MVP. Whichever one finishes with top seed in West.
    Yea Im not dissing Love I think hes a really good player, although I want to see him perform in the postseason before I can cement him as a true great. Fact is if you arent a top seed you arent going to win MVP, whether you agree with the system or not it just is what it is. So Harden or Paul would prob be more legitimate contenders in my eyes also only because I can see Houston or LAC finishing at the top if they play really well. Durant and Parker the other obvious candidates.

For the East its either Lebron, George, or Rose I guess. I cant see a Net getting it, even if theyre top seed unless Williams or Joe Johnson has the season of their lives.

East:
    Paul George is too young and I don't think you can single him out as the absolute best player on Pacers, other people really do contribute.
    Melo...Knicks aren't going to finish top 4 seed even lol.
    Derrick Rose. I think if Chicago actually takes first seed with 60+ wins the voters will vote Rose again just cause he won last time + his "return."
    Lebron is a favorite but I think voters will hold him to a really high standard after 27 game win streak and efficient streak. He won't do that again.
    Nets...I don't think Nets will get a high enough record, but either way I don't think we could single out the top superstar on that team.

West:
    Harden is obvious choice, he's leading rockets and he's best SG in NBA right now.
    Chris Paul is great choice if LAC does well. He won All Star MVP last season too lol.
    Kevin Love is a beast (he's leading in PPG right now). I don't think Wolves will make it to top 3 seed though.
    Kevin Durant...everyone loves him and gives him credit, but OKC is short handed and aren't finishing top 2 seed. He isn't going to get any more efficient either.
    Tony Parker. He's really leading the Spurs but and I think he's great but I don't think he's flashy enough to win the award to be honest.
    Steph Curry...I don't think Golden State will take a top 3 seed, and lols GSW has Iguadola and Klay Thompson stealing spotlight.

So ya. I bolded the people who I think would win MVP. I think it's Paul > Harden > Rose:
    LAC is garnering the attention of a big city in Kobe's absence, plus high flying Blake Griffin dunks can never hurt popularity.
    Harden will win MVP if Dwight returns to best center in NBA lol. If Dwight gains back popularity, then Harden's increases. He already has his beard thing.
    Did you guys see that "What would you have if you took away the money, friends, lifestyle, etc" commercial? Rose has some hype. I think he'll jump to the top of the list if and only if Chicago takes top seed AND Rose regains his form and Chicago reigns supreme before All Star weekend. Anything after is too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ya I forgot to say. Remember how I said Knicks owner James Dolan said it was championship or bust to the coaching staff? He apparently also are making the Knicks City Dancers (cheerleaders) perform less dances and do more T Shirt throwing. Or he said that he wanted them to do more "classy routines" or some shit like that. (Last game they only did one dance. Usually dancers do like 2-5? Creep also helps pick out what the dancers wear lol. Best owner ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I was thinking about getting league pass again this year. Not again as in, I got it last year. Again as in, I'm thinking about it lol.

$50 for iphones. Ehhhhhh I guess it's useful if I could play it back in school but $50 is a lot to watch replays on a small screen when I could watch it on TV.

$130 for iPads, computer. $130 is a lot lol.

$190 for TV, phone, iPad, computer. Fucking scammers. I'd pay $50 easily for the TV alone. Probably best to get it now while season is starting, but I do have two home teams + nationally broadcasted games lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Knicks are about to lose to Charlotte Bobcats lol...................................................
    Nets beat Utah Jazz.
    Miami beat Toronto.
    Lakers are getting their asses handed to them by Dallas.

Did I mention Knicks are losing to Bobcats? Knicks are 1-3. This is horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I'm seriously embarrassed. Like. How can I call myself a NY fan and a contender when the team can't even beat fucking lottery bound teams. And this wasn't some fluke, they just fucking sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Like legit 20% of the crowd is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

And Knicks are down by 3, it's not their ball, and 16 secs left. So technically they got back in this but...even I criticized them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *cough* Not getting into Greatest debate but just because Jordan has X number doesn't mean it's an argument for Lebron not exceeding that.

Although I agree Lebron has to be good for him to win the award. Thing is, Kevin Love was always a beast lol.

I'm not saying he shouldn't win more than 5 ever, but If Karl Malone can take a couple from Jordan at the end of a run of 6 championships. Lebron not winning one or two shouldn't shock anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been watching any games, but I see that Utah is 0-4. Good to know I can stop paying attention already.

I think there is something about the "Voters getting tired of voting for the same player all the time" in the MVP voting, atleast back when MJ played. But with so much media and the internet, there is a chance this will be reduced and Lebron will win again.

But T-Wolves are 3-1 and Love avg is 26,5 ppg, 14,3 rpg and 4 apg, hes is among the top so far

And Cp3 26,5, 13,3 apg and 3,3 stl is also a decent guess since clippers is also 3-1

Honoreble mentions to LBJ, Durant, PG24 and Harden

Atleast thats how i see it atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost a close game again. Curses. Starting with no hope, then getting it brought up, and then the team consistently fails to continue to let it rise. God damnit. At least I still have a decent NFL team to watch. but when that is over, I feel bad for the breakable objects in my household.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by chumbawumba View Post
    But T-Wolves are 3-1 and Love avg is 26,5 ppg, 14,3 rpg and 4 apg, hes is among the top so far

And Cp3 26,5, 13,3 apg and 3,3 stl is also a decent guess since clippers is also 3-1

Honoreble mentions to LBJ, Durant, PG24 and Harden

Atleast thats how i see it atm
    How can you possibly consider favorites for MVP with only four games as criteria? Should Lin have gotten MVP when he was in NY?

I mean no disrespect to Love, dude's a beast. But at least wait at the bare minimum half a season before talking about this...

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Ya that malone MVP was a joke. Not as bad as the Rose MVP though.
    More or less the same shit. People enjoying a storyline and enjoying voting for a new candidate rather than just giving the award to the guy that's obviously the most valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    How can you possibly consider favorites for MVP with only four games as criteria? Should Lin have gotten MVP when he was in NY?

I mean no disrespect to Love, dude's a beast. But at least wait at the bare minimum half a season before talking about this...
    Early overreactions are fun! I think we can learn at least a few things early in the season, anyway. I'm pretty confident Paul George is now one of the three best forwards in the league, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm pretty confident Paul George is now one of the three best forwards in the league, for example.
    Kukuku Indiana is 5-0. That's some good shit, I hope they make it to 8-0. I think they face Brooklyn this weekend though so///interesting.

But ehhhh I honestly haven't watched any Indiana games so I can't judge for myself how good Paul George really is.

Deleted
    Indiana Pacers are darn scary atm. Best team in the east by far.

lol after Houston lost to the Lakers Barkley says "Remember how I said 5 teams can win the championship, well thats down to 4"

Good game, crazy finish