Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Thunder just have nothing going on offense.
    Which is really irritating. Attack the basket more, dammit! When their PG penetrates, great things happen. But they seem to like to play 1v1 jump shots, which is (generally) going to lose to a team that consistently drive to the rim.

Feel like the officiating has been pretty awful in the second half, but I generally think that about NBA games.
    It's been bad for all of these finals, at least (I haven't watched the rest of the playoffs). Getting fed up with it, really. Although I can only partially blame the refs; when one team drives, they're always going to get more calls than the other team that plays isolation jump shots all the damned time!

...Go Westbrook!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    It's been bad for all of these finals, at least (I haven't watched the rest of the playoffs). Getting fed up with it, really. Although I can only partially blame the refs; when one team drives, they're always going to get more calls than the other team that plays isolation jump shots all the damned time!

...Go Westbrook!
    Its been this bad or worse for pretty much every game of the playoffs for every team. Tonight isn't even really that terrible. There have been missed calls sure, but nothing incredibly bad like in past games.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 11:16 PM ----------

Wade has taken some amazingly stupid shots in the fourth. Surprised he has only made one stupid pass resulting in a turnover so far.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 11:19 PM ----------

If LeBron is hurt, this series is over. Looks a lot like his leg just cramped on him during that drive though.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-20 at 03:20 AM.

Fucking shit. This does not look good. Fuck.

Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    If LeBron is hurt, this series is over.
    It looks like a cramp to me. And even if I am rooting for the Thunder, I wouldn't want them to win because of an injury.

It looks like a cramp to me. And even if I am rooting for the Thunder, I wouldn't want them to win because of an injury.
    Ill take it. Other teams got injured and held them back big time. it's part of the game.

I really hope it's not serious though.

Looks like LeBron is coming back in. I'm hoping the Thunder attack the rim even more now, at the very least to test LeBron.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love that my local ABC affiliate still hasn't figured out how to show the lottery numbers in HD. Every time they play the lotto numbers the feed switches to just the most horrible looking SD feed.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 11:27 PM ----------

If the Heat win this game tonight, mark that three down. That shot was more clutch than ANY shot Kobe has hit in his entire playoff career.

LeBron and Durant now the first players on opposing teams to put up 25+ in first four finals games. Ridiculously impressive feat from those guys. Baffling that that has never been done.

Raging so hard over here. Horrible, horrible offensive and defensive possessions for the Thunder the past three-ish trips. 7-0 run for the Heat. With what, 3 mins remaining? Sigh.

If Heat win, all we'll hear about tomorrow is LeBron's heroic coming back from a leg cramp to lead them to a win.

Edit: Wait, how was that shot, with 2 minutes, 30 seconds left, more clutch than ANY shot Kobe has hit his entire career? I don't follow your logic here.

Edit # 2: Oh, look. Another Thunder foul. Sigh. (yes it was a foul, I'm aware)

Edit # 3: Please, milk that cramp more, LeBron.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-06-20 at 03:32 AM.

yeah that whole "BETTER THEN ANY KOBE" was probably something he said in the heat of the moment. Lebron looks unstoppable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Wait, how was that shot, with 2 minutes, 30 seconds left, more clutch than ANY shot Kobe has hit his entire career? I don't follow your logic here.
    Pretty simple logic really. Kobe has hit ONE big shot in the NBA Finals, a three pointer in game one against the Pistons to send the game to OT. They got blown out in that series. The LeBron shot completely flipped the momentum, was a huge dagger (if they win), and would put the Finals essentially out of reach as no team has ever come back from 3-1 down.

Well I hope I am wrong, but I feel like that pretty much seals the championship for the Heat.

Strangely I honestly don't mind Lebron, it is the rest of the Heat I can't stand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow what a huge error by Westbrook fouling Chalmers. One shot and this is essentially over.

Now they have to go quick shot, quick foul, and hope to get another shot in.

Even if they lose, man what a game from Westbrook. He went off tonight. Only reason the Thunder are even close in this game. He shoots too much though lol...

Prior to that desperation heave, Durant, the best scorer in the NBA, has taken TWO shots in the fourth, three after that three attempt.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-20 at 03:40 AM.

This is gay. Game is over. 103-98 13.8 secs.

Russell Westbrook fouled but I felt like Durant got fouled during the tip by Battier..

15+ Year Old Account
    Well either way history is going to be made. Either the Heat become the first team to ever win the middle three games or the Thunder come back from 3-1 for the first time ever.

LeBron and Wade are going to come out in game 5 looking for blood. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Game 6 Boston LeBron out there Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    yeah that whole "BETTER THEN ANY KOBE" was probably something he said in the heat of the moment. Lebron looks unstoppable.
    Unstoppable like he airballed his last three pointer? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Pretty simple logic really. Kobe has hit ONE big shot in the NBA Finals, a three pointer in game one against the Pistons to send the game to OT. They got blown out in that series. The LeBron shot completely flipped the momentum, was a huge dagger (if they win), and would put the Finals essentially out of reach as no team has ever come back from 3-1 down.
    One shot? Okay. I'll just leave it at that, considering you appear to be a LeBron fan, and hate Kobe, while I'm a Kobe fan, and hate LeBron. I'd rather not go into this because 1.) I'd be too tempted to use bad logic / insults, which isn't fair nor proper logic, and 2.) I just hate LeBron, so yeah.

To make it clear, I don't like LeBron. Not because he chose to go to Miami, but because of his persona. "I'm taking my talents to South Beach". Your talents? I believe the non-arrogant way to say this is "I will be signing with the Miami Heat". He did this in an hour long TV special. "Not seven, not eight, not nine [championships]...and it's going to be easy". First off, you start at one. And secondly, don't be arrogant. He gets bailed out on "superstar" calls / noncalls (yes, Kobe, as well as others get this treatment, I'm aware. I'm just as against it for them as I am against LeBron). I could go on.

And the Heat win. I'll probably regret posting this here, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I think the Heat will take this one, and it is going to be VERY close. Then the heat win game three by a blowout (just a guess) then four heat win close, OKC wins at home once more, then the heat take it in game six.
    My prediction is coming to fruition. Thunder win the next one, by a large amount I think (Not part of my prediction, just a guess) then heat win series in six. And after game one people were making fun of me for picking heat in six!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the post game crew ripping Westbrook for shooting 32 times.

Unstoppable like he airballed his last three pointer? Okay.

To make it clear, I don't like LeBron. Not because he chose to go to Miami, but because of his persona. "I'm taking my talents to South Beach". Your talents? I believe the non-arrogant way to say this is "I will be signing with the Miami Heat". He did this in an hour long TV special. "Not seven, not eight, not nine [championships]...and it's going to be easy". First off, you start at one. And secondly, don't be arrogant. He gets bailed out on "superstar" calls / noncalls (yes, Kobe, as well as others get this treatment, I'm aware. I'm just as against it for them as I am against LeBron). I could go on.

And the Heat win. I'll probably regret posting this here, but meh.

I agree with you about lebron USUALLY, but before game six against boston his attitude seemed to have change completely. I thought the whole "not five, not six" championships thing was silly and stupid as well, but you cannot deny that he is the best player in the game right now.

And Kobe is my favorite basketball player of all time, so I probably should not get into that argument either :P

Westbrook saved the team so I think it's understandable.

15+ Year Old Account
    One shot? Okay. I'll just leave it at that, considering you appear to be a LeBron fan, and hate Kobe
    My dog is named Kobe. He is the greatest played I have had the fortune to see the most in my life. I in no way hate Kobe. He isn't and never has been a clutch player though, just a volume shooter. He has had amazing performances in the playoffs, but he has rarely hit "the dagger" that has broken a teams back. That was Fischer, Shaq, and Horry. You don't need to hit "daggers" though when you put up 30-40 points across the rest of the game though and are the primary reason your team is in position to even be able to take those shots.