Oh thanks for info Jreg. As of right now for first time this season, Melo is leading in PPG in league, thanks to Kobe actually passing and OKC...raping with KD not needing to score as hard + him working on other facets of his game.

If Melo wins scoring title, it'll be better than if he won MVP. In my world...

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Oh thanks for info Jreg. As of right now for first time this season, Melo is leading in PPG in league, thanks to Kobe actually passing and OKC...raping with KD not needing to score as hard + him working on other facets of his game.

If Melo wins scoring title, it'll be better than if he won MVP. In my world...
    That doesn't make any sense Blue I mean what does a scoring title do show that you are a ball hog and don't pass it meh MVP is a bigger deal it shows that you make your team better in all aspects not ball stops at me.

Nice to see the best center still plays in orlando.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/by...elding&sort=26

With Vucevic's style of play its hard to argue dwight over him with the free throw %, turnovers and work ethics. Get this guy some talent (were a d league team atm) and he would shine even more.

Hard to believe this guy and earl clark were the stars in the trade, lol.

^ Vucevic has a lower shooting percentage by 5%, scores nearly 4 less points per game and has nearly a block and a half less per game than Dwight. Even in Dwight's worst season that guy can't compare.

Not gonna act like I watch the guy because fuck the Magic but yeah, one look at the stats says he's not close.

Dwight for the first three quarters, Vucevic in the 4th. If i had a team like the lakers, knicks, heat (or other teams with great offensive options) id want nick because he is a garbage man (knows his role) and wont go 0-2 down by 5 in the 4th from the ft line.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013021104

Is pop the best coach of all time? Doesn't seem to need talent, when your bench is preforming like starters your doing something right, their bench almost took the heat. Consistency is proof of great coaching, not relying on mj to hit the big shot.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-02-12 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Dwight for the first three quarters, Vucevic in the 4th. If i had a team like the lakers, knicks, heat (or other teams with great offensive options) id want nick because he is a garbage man (knows his role) and wont go 0-2 down by 5 in the 4th from the ft line.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013021104

Is pop the best coach of all time? Doesn't seem to need talent, when your bench is preforming like starters your doing something right, their bench almost took the heat. Consistency is proof of great coaching, not relying on mj to hit the big shot.
    Is pop the best coach of all time I don't know about that but he is for sure the best coach since Phil retired and really might be better then Phil thou Phil is better at managing big stars to make them work together but Pop is a better adjuster and play caller.
    I know D.Rose was out but all three of the big three was out and they still won in Chicago which is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    D12 is a better defensive presence by far. Lakers D is shaky at best with Howard, with Vucevic instead they'd be fucked. Vucevic is good for a center in today's NBA where there aren't that many centers, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's better than even this half-assed version of Howard.

Not to take anything away from the guy but Pop fits with the Spurs and Duncan. I dunno if he would be as successful anywhere else working with more selfish players. Phil could coach anyone.

Hinrich didnt play either meaning they have to play Nate "Numbskull" Robinson. Probably the dumbest starting PG in the NBA these days. Having to run your team the whole game with the backup to the backup is pretty difficult.

Spurs are great no denying it and a better team than the Bulls. Just dont act like the Bulls were playing with all their weapons either.

I'd also take a lot of Centers before I got to Vucevic not just Dwight.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-12 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me what makes this so great? Because I'm not seeing a "hand change". He goes up with BOTH hands on the ball, and lets go with one. Does the world just have to stop anytime Blake Griffin dunks the ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=terjSaJ1uGs

He had both hands on the ball when he left the ground but he was clearly planning on dunking that ball with his right hand before the defender jumped at him. Having the reaction time to be able to change direction in mid-air like that takes a lot of coordination, having the grip to hold on to the ball with only one hand while the defender knocks down your other one is tough too, plus you have to stay in the air long enough to even give yourself the opportunity to make that kind of play. Most people would have gotten stuffed, or at best taken a foul without making the shot. Griffin just makes it look easy.

He jumped up assuming he was gonna do right, but switched to cope in mid air for his left hand because the defender rushed to his right and fouled him.

Blake Griffin is a beast, don't question his greatness.

Also, on that play he missed the foul shot and one of his teammates got the rebound and dunked it too so it was pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Hinrich didnt play either meaning they have to play Nate "Numbskull" Robinson. Probably the dumbest starting PG in the NBA these days. Having to run your team the whole game with the backup to the backup is pretty difficult.

Spurs are great no denying it and a better team than the Bulls. Just dont act like the Bulls were playing with all their weapons either.

I'd also take a lot of Centers before I got to Vucevic not just Dwight.
    Tony Paker was out which he is about equal to Rose ok I'll give you that somewhat Paker is considered a MVP type player thou just like Rose and there stats are not to far from each other. But how do you think Hinrich = Tim Duncan and Manu...

Forgot to say, yeah MVP is better than scoring title lol. Scoring title is cool though!

Celtics lose Barbrosa to ACL tear. They can't catch a break. Their 7 game win streak was broken by obviously one of the greater teams: Bobcats.

Woahhhh. Thurs night TNT looks fucking sick. Miami vs. OKC and LAC vs. LAL.

Then All Star weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Tony Paker was out which he is about equal to Rose ok I'll give you that somewhat Paker is considered a MVP type player thou just like Rose and there stats are not to far from each other. But how do you think Hinrich = Tim Duncan and Manu...
    To me Parker isnt as good as Rose, I dont even see it being remotely close. Rose is better in basically every facet of basketball than Parker is, the only thing I can give an edge to Parker is his scoring in the paint and he turns the ball over a little less. Rose is quicker, stronger, faster, better shooter, better passer, better defender, and more dominant than Parker is.

Anyways that wasnt even the point of what Im saying. My point is its a pet peeve of mine when its mentioned how a team won without X,Y,Z and then dont even mention that the other team also was missing important pieces. Nobody is saying Hinrich is as good as Duncan, I am however saying hes extremely important cause without Rose hes the only other PG on the team that knows how to run it. Nate Robinson is like a SG trapped in a midget's body. Plus he makes some of the dumbest plays you will ever see, its why teams dont want him. Skill is there, brains arent. So ya the Spurs won without some big pieces it just gets overlooked that the Bulls lost without their superstar and their best guy to run their offense in his absence. (Not really trying to aim this at you, its mostly a media related rant)

Bulls are 26-14 with Hinrich out there. 4-7 without him. Hes not a great player by any stretch, but he is very important when Rose is already not around.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me Parker isnt as good as Rose, I dont even see it being remotely close. Rose is better in basically every facet of basketball than Parker is, the only thing I can give an edge to Parker is his scoring in the paint and he turns the ball over a little less. Rose is quicker, stronger, faster, better shooter, better passer, better defender, and more dominant than Parker is.

Anyways that wasnt even the point of what Im saying. My point is its a pet peeve of mine when its mentioned how a team won without X,Y,Z and then dont even mention that the other team also was missing important pieces. Nobody is saying Hinrich is as good as Duncan, I am however saying hes extremely important cause without Rose hes the only other PG on the team that knows how to run it. Nate Robinson is like a SG trapped in a midget's body. Plus he makes some of the dumbest plays you will ever see, its why teams dont want him. Skill is there, brains arent. So ya the Spurs won without some big pieces it just gets overlooked that the Bulls lost without their superstar and their best guy to run their offense in his absence. (Not really trying to aim this at you, its mostly a media related rant)

Bulls are 26-14 with Hinrich out there. 4-7 without him. Hes not a great player by any stretch, but he is very important when Rose is already not around.
    Derrick Rose is better then Parker but I think it's closer then you think but Rose is still better. Derrick Rose has to be the best player on his team Parker doesn't he can rely on Tim or Manu to take the scoring pressure where Rose has to score. Also Rose is stronger and a better defender but he isn't faster or quicker then Parker, Parker has reached speeds up to 20.9 miles per hour no other Player has done that yet rose has hit 17 miles per hour and the closest to Parker is Rubio at 19 and a half.

Edit: I haven't seen the MPH on TY Lawson yet thou he might be faster then Parker that dood is crazy fast.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-02-13 at 12:24 AM.

So at the end of quarters you know how in the last seconds players throw the ball from way beyond half court to just try to score (because there's no time for a real play)?

Kevin Durant is refusing to do it because it'll fuck up his shooting percentage stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lebron sets a NBA record 6 games with 30 points or more and 60% shooting pretty crazy.

Lebron sets a NBA record 6 games with 30 points or more and 60% shooting pretty crazy.
    Insanity.

Also, Rudy fuckin' Gay!

EDIT: Lakers drop the 3rd 24 - 9, Kobe is 0 for 5 with 8 assists, Lakers down by 6 starting in the 4th. I do not envy Lakers fans at the moment. More drama this season than a bad TV show.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-13 at 05:23 AM.

And somehow Chris Bosh actually shot better with more attempts in the same game, its stupid how efficient their players are right now. I didnt watch it but just looking at the +/- im curious wtf happened. They only beat Portland by 13 yet Lebron has +21, Bosh has +34, and Chalmers has +41. Its like the moment they took Chalmers out they started to get killed.

And somehow Chris Bosh actually shot better with more attempts in the same game, its stupid how efficient their players are right now. I didnt watch it but just looking at the +/- im curious wtf happened. They only beat Portland by 13 yet Lebron has +21, Bosh has +34, and Chalmers has +41. Its like the moment they took Chalmers out they started to get killed.
    Chalmers is the cheat code! Shhhh! (Didn't you know he's a top ten PG? :P)