Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Is it possible to drop a crew skill and pick up another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Slicing, Scavenging, Bioanalysis

Iv made 2mill during the Beta from 1-50. Only bought mount, skills and 2x bag space and 1 shipment cargo.

Then I rolled another char to around 17ish and got my self Biochem, Cybertech.

If you want to level though and not gather, I highly recommend just keeping 1 gathering and 2 other. Slicing is a great gathering skill, on its own it can easily pay for skills, just gotta gather all the boxes you see.
    -K

i don't get all the hype about slicing. i had 80k by the time i bought my speeder from vendoring scavenging/arch stuff.

Slicing is awesome imo.

During the weekend I thought u get mounts at 20 so I was sad when I hit 19 and had like 4k credits. Sent my ship droid and vette out for like 40mins straight, ended up with 35k creds.

Badass prof imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samjatin View Post
    Is it possible to drop a crew skill and pick up another?
    ^^So I can level my first toon with gathering skills, and then switch at 50 to something useful
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Slicing is awesome imo.

During the weekend I thought u get mounts at 20 so I was sad when I hit 19 and had like 4k credits. Sent my ship droid and vette out for like 40mins straight, ended up with 35k creds.

Badass prof imo
    its definitely the profession im going to get my money straight, after i get enough money to be happy ill probably drop it for treasure hunting or something.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going Artifice/arch/treasure hunting. Ill be trading with guildies my hilts,color crystals,and enhancment slot mod for the other mods ill need during lvling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberace1985 View Post
    im thinking of going with slicing as i wont need to buy the mount cause im getting a S.T.A.P. so as long as theyre account bound i wont need many mounts
    Don't forget most of the cost comes from buying the skill, not the actual mount. Anyway, I think you'll be fine if you take slicing.

Probably going Cybertech/Scavenging/Slicing on my main.
    Yub Yub

Deleted
    I'm going for Cybertech for the grenades, ship upgrades, ear pieces and speeder bikes. And Scavenging and Underworld Trading to be able to actually make anything xD

Quote Originally Posted by heyvid21 View Post
    As far as I know, this picture isn't entirely accurate. Cybertech is used by all classes since all classes use mods, implants, etc.
    Yeah, pretty sure you are right. That image is from a few beta weekends back before the updates to the mod system were finalized and I also believe they added more craftable things. The skill dependencies are still correct AFAIK.

Cybertech / Scavenging / Underworld

I just like all the upgrades.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashnu View Post
    Probably Artifice and Archaeology.. not so sure on my 3rd one. Just want it so i can have light saber mods and what not.
    you kinda have to take treasure hunting with artifice or you won't be able to level it without gems that come from treasure hunting.

Im lvling with Bioanalysis / Scavenging / Underworld Trading then when I'm 50 I'll switch Bio for Cybertech.

Do we think Armstech will be like Blacksmithing in WoW, and other MMO's, where your best crafted gear will be replaced after your first loot from a raid?

I'm on the fence with Armstech for my Merc BH...don't know enough about it's end game properties and don't want to waste the time leveling it if it's not going to be a good utility.

Deleted
    i'll try to go a RP approach when deciding my Crew Skills.
    Since I'm going to play a Sith Marauder I will be focusing on showing my power.
    This I'll do by having my "servants" :P work hard to create powerful modifications that make my Light sabre superior!

Muahahahah!

Well of course I understand everyone who's saying that Biochem will be the most useful profession ... but honestly I think that really really really many people will think the same way, having learned from other MMOs that "Alchemists" and the like will always have their products sold ... so I'm fearing a total overstocking of Biochems in the first couple of weeks / months ... later on people will do whatever they want to but in the first place alot of people will definetely go for Biochem ...

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Do we think Armstech will be like Blacksmithing in WoW, and other MMO's, where your best crafted gear will be replaced after your first loot from a raid?

I'm on the fence with Armstech for my Merc BH...don't know enough about it's end game properties and don't want to waste the time leveling it if it's not going to be a good utility.
    The other issue here is that AFAIK Bioware hasn't come out with their Endgame design philosophy when it comes to Crew Skills. Perhaps they want all the crafting skills to provide the exact same statistical benefit above what you can get from pve or pvp. Or they might not want any of the skills to be better than the best of the best gear/mods/consumables. Or they might want the different skills to give something equal to end-game items while instead saving the user time and/or credits.

Right now I wouldn't be able to guess how the skills might change in a future patch. Bio and cybertech could get nerfed, everything else could get buffed, or they might already be equal just not as obviously.

First - Biochem/analysis/diplo
    Second - Slicing/diplo/TH
    Third - art/arch/TH

Deleted
    Guardian: Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy.

Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting for my Sage alt.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2011-12-12 at 09:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to start with Cybertech, Scavenging and Slicing.
    I'll keep slicing untill i hit level 50 and then drop it for underworld trading.

Slicing makes a load of money while leveling, and also gets you tons rare items and patterns.
    I won't rly need underworld trading anyway. You only need it to craft rare items, which arent rly worth it untill 50. With the money you make from slicing you can easily buy the mats you need and still get a nice pile of cash extra. Maybe i wont even drop it for underworld trading at all, depending on the prices.