Page 1 of 2
LastLast

G4TV post about Star Wars.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-28-fbfantrack Just wanted to share it and see what you guys think

Just what we needed, yet another post doing nothing but comparing SWTOR to WoW.
    Wish there were more of those, 10582 a day isn't nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Just what we needed, yet another post doing nothing but comparing SWTOR to WoW.
    Wish there were more of those, 10582 a day isn't nearly enough.
    Its inevitable, WoW is THE MMO measuring stick at this point.

For the love of-

I'm sick to death of everyone thinking WoW needs to be "dethroned." It's a damn good game and so is Star Wars.

Since they're both good games now we can choose. We win. The customers win. Multiple good quality products of a similar nature sounds good for all of us imo.

This stupid "MMO King" shit is just that, stupid. WoW's a great game, but it couldnt possibly hold the bulk of the market forever.

People are so damn dramatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    For the love of-

I'm sick to death of everyone thinking WoW needs to be "dethroned." It's a damn good game and so is Star Wars.

Since they're both good games now we can choose. We win. The customers win. Multiple good quality products of a similar nature sounds good for all of us imo.

This stupid "MMO King" shit is just that, stupid. WoW's a great game, but it couldnt possibly hold the bulk of the market forever.

People are so damn dramatic.
    you know i like coke and pepsi.... some people just cant handle that

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    I bet those same people also prefer Burger King's burgers one day and Wendy's the next lol. Why they can't do the same with everything else I'll never understand >.<

Yeah dog... i play WoW and TOR. HOLY COW IT'S A SIGN OF THE END OF DAYS! please... let's grow up and understand that there is enough room in the MMO market for more than just WoW to thrive....

No WoW vs. TOR threads please.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    my mind is blown....

and tbh ive kinda stopped reading these forums lately b/c of all the wow vs swtor, in reality instead of making a forum for SWTOR this forum should have just said no WoW vs Swtor threads and made people go to a different site cause in reality im tired of going to the front page and seeing in the new forum posts and ti being full of SWTOR shit. I come here for wow news and wow related topics, not swtor. If i cared at all about swtor i would go to an EA site, or a starwars fanboy site.

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    my mind is blown....

and tbh ive kinda stopped reading these forums lately b/c of all the wow vs swtor, in reality instead of making a forum for SWTOR this forum should have just said no WoW vs Swtor threads and made people go to a different site cause in reality im tired of going to the front page and seeing in the new forum posts and ti being full of SWTOR shit. I come here for wow news and wow related topics, not swtor. If i cared at all about swtor i would go to an EA site, or a starwars fanboy site.
    Then go to the WoW forums. This is "MMO-Champion", not "WoW-Champion".

im tired of going to the front page and seeing in the new forum posts and ti being full of SWTOR shit. I come here for wow news and wow related topics, not swtor. If i cared at all about swtor i would go to an EA site, or a starwars fanboy site.
    You do realize you can filter which forums show up on the recent posts on the front page right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think their can only be one big MMO??

A lot of big MMO's (like WOW, Rift TOR, hopefully GW2) circulating will be amazing, so much innovation would come from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Why do people think their can only be one big MMO??

A lot of big MMO's (like WOW, Rift TOR, hopefully GW2) circulating will be amazing, so much innovation would come from it.
    Rift isn't a big MMO anymore. In fact, once people got off the "Rift looks awesome, and it'll be the wow killer", it's actually pretty bad. I give it a few months at absolute most before it goes F2P. GW2 won't be a big MMO either, purely because it's free to play, therefore people are less inclined to spend as long on it as ToR or WoW. Don't get me wrong, I like GW, and am looking forward to GW2, but, I just don't have high hopes for it. I agree though about the more MMO's there are around, hopefully, the better product we'll get. There will only be one MMO at WoW's level, and that's WoW, because it was here first, and a lot of people are a) getting bored of it, and b) not prepared to pay for 2 games, especially when one of them isn't guaranteed to become an established game. We'll soon see how successful ToR is once the 'free' month is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    Rift isn't a big MMO anymore. In fact, once people got off the "Rift looks awesome, and it'll be the wow killer", it's actually pretty bad. I give it a few months at absolute most before it goes F2P. GW2 won't be a big MMO either, purely because it's free to play, therefore people are less inclined to spend as long on it as ToR or WoW. Don't get me wrong, I like GW, and am looking forward to GW2, but, I just don't have high hopes for it. I agree though about the more MMO's there are around, hopefully, the better product we'll get. There will only be one MMO at WoW's level, and that's WoW, because it was here first, and a lot of people are a) getting bored of it, and b) not prepared to pay for 2 games, especially when one of them isn't guaranteed to become an established game. We'll soon see how successful ToR is once the 'free' month is up.
    Wooooooooosh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Wooooooooosh
    Failing to see how you think I missed your point. You said "A lot of big MMO's (Like WoW, RIFT, TOR, hopefully GW2) circulating will be amazing......", and I argued the point that RIFT isn't a big MMO, then gave a valid opinion as to why I think WoW will still be THE MMO to beat. I then agreed with you about the competition. So please read it again.

Wooooooooosh indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
    Then go to the WoW forums. This is "MMO-Champion", not "WoW-Champion".

But WoW is the MMO Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    my mind is blown....

You can turn the star wars stuff off in the filter.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    Failing to see how you think I missed your point. You said "A lot of big MMO's (Like WoW, RIFT, TOR, hopefully GW2) circulating will be amazing......", and I argued the point that RIFT isn't a big MMO, then gave a valid opinion as to why I think WoW will still be THE MMO to beat. I then agreed with you about the competition. So please read it again.

Wooooooooosh indeed.
    Rift might not be a big game but its a good game. If wow would put out as much content as rift does i think my head would explode.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    my mind is blown....

U Madd Bro?

Infracted. Don't do that. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-01-05 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    But WoW is the MMO Champion.
    Eh ina way yes, this part of forums =swtor not wow ZOMG!