Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    Judges appear to agree with my interpretation, if this case is something to go by.
    No, they don't. You can't simplify the case down to half a sentence and then pretend it fits your interpretation, when doing so means you've conveniently ignored most of the very important and relevant details. You are making it sounds as though the bully punched the boy and then stood there doing nothing, and the boy comes at him and stabbed him until he died. That's not self defence and that's not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    umm, you know that he probably kept all his anger/frustration in him when he was bullied and then it came out all at once???
    Then its Manslaughter not murder...

Either way this kid is going to have LOTS of fun when he goes back to school. Kids scared of him, no friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Is this how you got to 1500 posts?
    Ah, the wonderful world of ad hominem. That ought to win the argument, right?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    So if he took the knife surely the intent was to use it... i mean he had a weapon on him, and he stabs the guy 12 times... and we are really discussing wether or not he planned to murder the guy?

a lot of people are saying self defence, why would he have been carrying the knife if he wasnt planning to use it, it is murder

I'd like to remind everyone that the bully was not killed because the victim didn't like being called mean names, the bully was killed because he and his two flunkies tried to jump the victim, and he defended himself.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    he's actually 100% wrong and didn't read the story

the kid wasn't beaten ever. wasn't attacked ever until that day that one kid punched him in the head right before he stabbed him.

they through a spitwad at him ONCE
    they called him names a few times and he called them names back
    everyone knew they were going to fight and they all got off to watch and he killed him after getting hit once.

this is minor as far as bullying goes. i got hit by a spitwad by a guy on the way to our basketball game once, pissed me off, never really wanted to murder the guy.
    Because they totally followed him around and documented any bullying that ever fell upon him... ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account

the kid wasn't beaten ever. wasn't attacked ever until that day that one kid punched him in the head right before he stabbed him.

everyone knew they were going to fight and they all got off to watch and he killed him after getting hit once.

this is minor as far as bullying goes. i got hit by a spitwad by a guy on the way to our basketball game once, pissed me off, never really wanted to murder the guy.
    So the fact that he missed school and skipped riding the bus a few times home was cause he wanted some exercise and not cause he was scared shitles?

EDIT: There is no right side, here.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    I'd like to remind everyone that the bully was not killed because the victim didn't like being called mean names, the bully was killed because he and his two flunkies tried to jump the victim, and he defended himself.
    no, it was just him. he was not killed because he tried to jump the other, he was killed because the other stabbed him 12 times.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    So the fact that he missed school and skipped riding the bus a few times home was cause he wanted some exercise and not cause he was scared shitles?
    dude i used to skip school because i had a zit on my forehead. I don't take it seriously that he was "Scared shitless"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    umm, you know that he probably kept all his anger/frustration in him when he was bullied and then it came out all at once???
    If he's bottling up his emotions to the point that it endangers others, then that's his own fault

This kid should've gotten a girlfriend, or failing that, a Psychiatrist to vent his emotions to; not just gone and murdered some kid by stabbing him 12 times in "retaliation" for schoolyard scuffles
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by MarriageAuch View Post
    Unfortunately nobody will ever know, so speculation will always happen. What I find more of a shame is the very extreme reactions for one side or another on here, surrounded by a few people who are trying to understand both sides of the story, and dare I say rationalise why something like this could happen.
    spend 5mins reading and yes you'll know

they had never fought before, they had once hit the murderer with a spit wad and then they all exchanged HS insults, then they got off to fight while 10+ people watched and egged it on, one kid threw a punch, the other kid retaliated with 12 stab wounds and ran off

that's is what happened. there was no history of abuse, mental or physical, they even said that the kid was bullied "maybe every other day"

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    while true, it does excuse neither the 12 stabs nor the knife in the first place.
    Knife is a separate issue that I don't think is productive to go into. The 12 stabs is not something I think needs excusing. The bully attacked him and chased him down. He is entitled to stab him as many times as necessary to fend him off. Now, if even one of those stabs were made when the bully was already beaten off and no longer a threat, then you have a point. As far as I can tell though that did not happen. He was stabbed over the course of the attack.

It doen't take long to make 12 stabs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    nobody wants to hear the actual details of the fight. we just like to pick a side and argue for fun. facts be damned. end of sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Just saw this on facebook. I am so proud of that boy.

This is a good lesson for everybody. Don't be a giant asshole or you might push somebody too far.
    There's no lesson here. Kid was a bully, he deserved to get his ass kicked in retaliation, not killed. If anything, the "Stand Your Ground" law will simply encourage bullies to run in groups and arm themselves in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endles View Post
    the guy is a murderer, treat him as one...
    Defending yourself against a physical attack with lethal force is not even a crime.. how is he a murderer? He didn't pick the fight and tried to avoid it, at least according to the article. If some adult attacks another adult and the victim uses a knife to defend himself and accidentally kills the attacker, I doubt any decent court would judge him guilty, why should it be different with minors?

Jorge Saavedra was 100% in the right here. You want to a giant douchebag and try and pick on the weak, and people are now screaming because the poor kid tried to defend himself and it was met with deadly force? Dylan Nuno is a retard and got exactly what he deserves. Lets hope this story goes accross the nation and give bullies something to think about before trying to act all tough.

I've had a very similar issue when a slingshot was used against a peer of mine in my high-school and his reaction was that he stabbed this bully with a ballpoint pen in the chest. Conclusion? The school board ruled it as self defense as he was defending himself trying to avoid the confrontation in the first place.

Bottom line, you want to have zero disregard for the well being of others, prepare to deal with the consequences, deadly or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    So if he took the knife surely the intent was to use it... i mean he had a weapon on him, and he stabs the guy 12 times... and we are really discussing wether or not he planned to murder the guy?

a lot of people are saying self defence, why would he have been carrying the knife if he wasnt planning to use it, it is murder
    So every american who carries a gun is plotting a murder? Wow, must be a crazy country.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I think you didn't read the whole story, it says how this kid was antagonizing him for quite a while before this fight occurred.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Knife is a separate issue that I don't think is productive to go into. The 12 stabs is not something I think needs excusing. The bully attacked him and chased him down. He is entitled to stab him as many times as necessary to fend him off. Now, if even one of those stabs were made when the bully was already beaten off and no longer a threat, then you have a point. As far as I can tell though that did not happen. He was stabbed over the course of the attack.

It doen't take long to make 12 stabs.
    you honestly believe that a mid teenager is within his legal rights to stab another mid teenager because he got punched in the head. you honestly believe that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

all around this is a sad event for all parties involved.

i personally think this kid was defending himself.

what sad is not only is a young life is over for being a bully(and not knowing possible consequences of being one) but a kid who will always have to live with the guilt of someones blood on his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    No. He stabbed him that many times he was planning to do it...
    Im honestly not sure how you can defend this guy...
    He planned it so well, that he got off at a earlier bus stop to avoid him altogether? He planned to stab that bully by running away from him?