10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Right one >>> left one
    Upside down one > right way up ones

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Upside down one > right way up ones
    So wrong.....

......but feels oh so right >.>

Target practice. My Charr is going to have some rat...err Asura stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Target practice. My Charr is going to have some rat...err Asura stew.
    Careful....you don't want Mif to get out his big cannon again...
    Then again...maybe you doooo

>.>
    Couldn't resist..

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Human, you guys can go kill each other, I've got a fucking world to save. Kinda like we did 250 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    As a Human, you guys can go kill each other, I've got a fucking world to save. Kinda like we did 250 years ago.
    Pfffff.....I'm sure you just let Vekk do all the work..
    Bookahs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Pfffff.....I'm sure you just let Vekk do all the work..
    Bookahs..
    Vekk wasn't there when we killed a God...

Hell, it could be said that it's the Asuras fault that Primordius even woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Vekk wasn't there when we killed a God...

Hell, it could be said that it's the Asuras fault that Primordius even woke up.
    That was all...errr....Blimm's fault. Yes, we'll blame Blimm. He had a screw loose, clearly...>.>

But couldn't it also be said that unleashing the cataclysm on Orr, and sinking the continent, may just have stirred a certain Zhaitan?

10+ Year Old Account
    If that were the case he would have woken up before Primordius.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I thought they've specifically said that they have to get them off ebay because they're so old you can't buy them anymore. That would imply newegg is out of the question.

Skip to 9:00.

I really find it hard to believe that GW2 will run well on low on anything less than a 4000 ATI card or equivalent. The game looks gorgeous and will the huge bosses and dragons I just don't think even slightly old cards will run smooth.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2012-01-31 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    I really find it hard to believe that GW2 will run well on low on anything less than a 4000 ATI card or equivalent. The game looks gorgeous and will the huge bosses and dragons I just don't think even slightly old cards will run smooth.
    They're running on high graphics settings in the demos
    You'll run it on low graphic settings if you have a bad computer

Why is this hard to understand???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They're running on high graphics settings in the demos
    You'll run it on low graphic settings if you have a bad computer

Why is this hard to understand???
    Perhaps disbelief and the confusion of the definitions of Aesthetics and Graphics.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Perhaps disbelief and the confusion of the definitions of Aesthetics and Graphics.
    I understand the difference, but please watch the shatter or tequatl videos again and tell me how a gtx 260 will run that with 50 plus players even at the lowest settings.

M

WoW runs poorly with high player counts because of its ancient game engine, not because of the high graphical quality
    GW2's more recent development allows for a greater amount of optimisation and more efficient resource management

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    I understand the difference, but please watch the shatter or tequatl videos again and tell me how a gtx 260 will run that with 50 plus players even at the lowest settings.

M
    GTX260 is hardly a low card really.

Considering it only took a first gen i5 and a gtx460 to run it on what was high/max settings at 1080p on the demos, I doubt we'll be needing a gtx260/ATI 4850+ to run low. More like SB onboard graphics for low at a low res.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    GTX260 is hardly a low card really.

Considering it only took a first gen i5 and a gtx460 to run it on what was high/max settings at 1080p on the demos, I doubt we'll be needing a gtx260/ATI 4850+ to run low. More like SB onboard graphics for low at a low res.
    Yep. A 260/4850 will do High settings with no problem, maybe some maxed out here and there. Don't think of GW2 requirements like you do other games, they don't apply. We're looking at 2003/2004 video cards as the min specs, anything from 2010 will be able to run GW2 at high or max settings with ease. They're working with the same engine they made 12 years ago, I'm unsure HOW they're going to scale so far downwards, but based on what they've said apparently they're doing it. So really if your PC was made in the past 3 years don't even worry about it. Could even say 4 years with pretty good confidence. We won't know until they either release specs or get into the Beta Weekends.

Yep. A 260/4850 will do High settings with no problem, maybe some maxed out here and there. Don't think of GW2 requirements like you do other games, they don't apply. We're looking at 2003/2004 video cards as the min specs, anything from 2010 will be able to run GW2 at high or max settings with ease. They're working with the same engine they made 12 years ago, I'm unsure HOW they're going to scale so far downwards, but based on what they've said apparently they're doing it. So really if your PC was made in the past 3 years don't even worry about it. Could even say 4 years with pretty good confidence. We won't know until they either release specs or get into the Beta Weekends.
    So my crappy GT545 will be able to run at max without much lagg issues?

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So my crappy GT545 will be able to run at max without much lagg issues?

Holy hell I had no idea a 545 even existed. We obviously can't say for sure but it's about half as powerful as a 460 which is what people have been saying they demo on. So with that in mind depending on your resolution you MIGHT be able to max it out @ 30FPS. Can't be sure though.

I guess we will have to wait until close to release to find out the system requirements, but out of all the promises made by ANet, this is the one I have the least faith in. I've built (well, I'm building) a new computer in a large part so I can play GW2 on the highest settings at, hopefully, 60fps. My completely unfounded, pure speculation is the recommended requirements will be 1st gen i3/Phenom II and HD 5770/GTX 550(I think? I'm not that familiar with nVidia). Again completely made up predictions just for fun, don't hold me to them.

Holy hell I had no idea a 545 even existed. We obviously can't say for sure but it's about half as powerful as a 460 which is what people have been saying they demo on. So with that in mind depending on your resolution you MIGHT be able to max it out @ 30FPS. Can't be sure though.
    I was originally going with a 560, however bestbuy said it had it in stock, go in its not in stock. I talk to someone there and he suggested the 545...

/sigh
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.