Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Most under rated games you have played that you thought were awesome?

So what games have you played before that alot of people might not have heard of? games that deserve more credit, they could be old or new.

I just remembered one i played on the Original Xbox called "Armed and Dangerous" The gameplay wasnt fantastic, amusing at the most, but it had great story and comedy and it kept you hooked.

Any others you would like to share?

X3, herd people talk shit about how it was just a shity singleplayer eve clone and it turned out to be amazing. Spent many a weekend in my barracks doing stuff on it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    People always say Alpha Protocol is bad... I loved that game.

Rune Factory/Harvest Moon series. Rune Factory is more underrated than Harvest Moon though.

Summoner and Wild Arms 2 personally.

Relatively recent similar thread as well.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-mixed-reviews

Mystical Ninja Starring Goeman for the N64. Not sure it's it's really underrated as much as unknown. Haven't played it in years but I have some great memories of it. Not saying it rivals Mario 64 but it is very similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing Island for Gamecube.
    My god. Had so much fun...

Mushroom Men was pretty fun. Skelington completely forgot that game existed until the moment he opened the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Sun.

Rarely do people even know what that game was, and it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Golden Sun.

Rarely do people even know what that game was, and it was awesome.
    ^^ This times a million! Never got around to number 3 though, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Realms for PC. No one ever hears about this one

I always found it fun, and the single player was so hard for me to beat!

EVE and Tera online, superb graphics with smooth engine, good fps, jawdroping scenarios and fun gameplay.

Still, hard to find someone who plays EVE or someone who ever heard of Tera.
    Last edited by Wartide_ysera; 2012-01-29 at 04:22 AM.

Sin and Punishment 2. It's a critical success, but it didn't sell a lot. However, I heard the developers expected it to sell less than it did.

Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast and Gamecube
    Yep

10+ Year Old Account
    Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis
    Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga

Shadow of the Colossus for sure.

I agree Shadow of the Colossus was an amazing game.

I always felt like Borderlands was one of those game a lot of people missed.

Audiosurf is a great game on Steam, they really need to port that as an app for Ipods.

Skies of Arcadia. It was originally for the Dreamcast - a system which never got to be in the lime light. It was later ported to the Gamecube. A vast RPG that is totally engrossing.

Breath of Fire V. PS2 Game, and the last installment of the BoF series to be released maybe 8 years ago. People didn't like the art design. They disliked the radical changes from the previous BoF games. They didn't like that it is hard. Frustratingly difficult even to many. The story is told beautifully, and it is mesmerizing how it all turns out.

I really wish I still had the gaming systems for these, and the games themselves. I fucking miss them so much.

These games are masterpieces. That's fact. That doesn't mean you will enjoy them though. But look into them at the very least.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    X3, herd people talk shit about how it was just a shity singleplayer eve clone and it turned out to be amazing. Spent many a weekend in my barracks doing stuff on it.
    Been playing the crap out of that for the past week; since I actually bothered to watch a video tutorial on how to get started.

I still think "Space Crash Simulator" is an apt name for this game. The AI always finds a way to screw me over and crash me into space stations or warpgate. At least I fixed the issue of my wingmen smashing into everything with the 'Bounce' script I downloaded. ><