Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Angry end game raid bugs

This is getting sad now with pylons bugging out again this week for my guild and hearing how bad Soa is in p3 can bioware really not get their crap together I mean ffs its not like there's tons of endgame so fix what we have would be nice to have a bug free night of hard mode raiding

you need to lock in the south pillar first. the colors go in a set order, but the combinations you get are randomized. so basically you communicate with north side and make sure they leave theirs one turn away from completing a combination while you do your side. as far as i know they haven't acknowledged it as a bug, but it is fairly stupid and frustrating change if it's supposed to be that way. it wasn't documented and sometimes even if north completes first it won't bug out, but it almost always bugs out on the third row without the south first strat.

currently there is still

- no loot bug, patch notes miiiight have maybe eluded to it being fixed, but its not.
    - people not receiving credit for weekly operations quest either by randomness, by death, or any number of things
    - battle rez porting you outside instance
    - people getting stuck mid-air
    - people getting unstuck mid-air but the server says fuck you you're falling no casting for you
    - poor npc pathing
    - undocumented boss changes, of which there are more than the pillar boss.

so far they're pretty quick about changing stuff that can be exploited. not so much on the "fuck this game" bugs.

Deleted
    Arceuid, Pylons sometimes bug to the point where the consoles are not even usable to begin the fight for either north or south.

yeah, i know. this is the way around it, when that big red text pops up saying you completed the puzzle, south should always be first, and it generally doesn't lock up. it's just what i've read from other hm/nm mode guilds, and it's worked two weeks in a row so far.

if you mean after wiping, yeah you have to reset the instance and reclear the trash.

The biggest bug that my guild has noticed in EV is the floor in Soa's room not being complete, which to fix you just have to reset the instance. (Doesn't reset bosses already dead)

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    The biggest bug that my guild has noticed in EV is the floor in Soa's room not being complete, which to fix you just have to reset the instance. (Doesn't reset bosses already dead)
    Thats us as well.

The only problem we have seen is Soa's entire floor not coming back. Other than that the EV operation is good fun.

Deleted
    Just always solve the South pillar first. Yeh it's a bug but not the end of the world.

Only the group of the operation that gets the killing blow on the boss gets weekly quest completion, or so I've heard.

The stuck in mid air is generally fixable with a Sorc grip.

NPC pathing seems fixed since last week, I know robot puzzle boss in KP was a lot better anyway.

Soa floor not being complete, dunno what causes that, we just do the boss with the bits missing anyway.

did this last night - the boss bugs out and dissapears when he tries to mind trap the tank

the best solution to this is to have your offtank get into dps stance, and have your main tank "guard" the highest other threat output.

the other bug with the floor not properly resetting - is make sure nobody releases until everyone is dead, or the boss has reset.

my guild were under the impression last night that in the Soa fight he only throws 4 pylons, then dissapears, this really isn't the case, he'll keep picking up pylons from around the edge of the room, of which there are about 20 (i thought he raised them from the lava at first, but no, he snaps them off the scenery) until he is killed, or until he tries to mind trap the tank - at which point he bugs out and despawns.

so yea, as i said, make sure you are only using 1 tank, as on our first attempt there was 2 of us fighting over aggro and taunting between ourselves to get him under the pylons quickly before he had spawned 4 and dissapeared. but that just caused more chaos.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-02-09 at 03:40 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

SoA again, but has anyone else found his aggro in P3 really wonky? Like, he would be on our tank and then randomly go after another player? It made positioning under the pylons a huge pain because we'd have to try and make sure everyone is in the same place as the tank in case he changes directions. And then he goes and chases after someone in a mind trap.

We downed Soa on EV normal last night for the first time as a guild, this was our first week of raiding.

We wiped twice and really didn't have many problems. We had heard about the threat issue in the last phase, though I'm not quite sure it's a bug. I was able to have a taunt available every time Soa would drop agro from me if timed right. Doing this we were able to kite him under each pylon without too much trouble.

The only issue I noticed was that the tank (me) would sometimes be put in a trap. Not sure if this is intended or not, but the fight did not bug out on this when it happened.

Honestly... I get the feeling that they (for some unknown reason) didn't expect people to get to end game so quickly and just weren't prepared with having to deal with it already. I am hopeful they will be fixing these things soon though.

This is how you do it

Solve North Pillar First
    Solve South Pillar First on second level
    Solve South Pillar First in third level
    Solve North Pillar First on 4th level

Never bugged for us when we did that.
    If you wipe and the pylons don't reset, zone out / exit area and reset the instance, then voila you can do it again. No big deal as the boss is a pushover anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    we had south go first then had north finished first like said but on the last turn on south the console became unclickable and couldnt do anything the rest of the night in EV and the guy talking about soa in normal its all well and fine but its crucial that you down him fast in HM an from what i've been hearing also the pylons arent even dropping his shield some times

Thanks for the info guys!! We got to Soa last night and were having some of these issues. Mostly with the floor not being there, or the Phase 2-3 Transition the platforms for us to jump to not being in the right spot. Hopefully the reset phase "trick" works for us and we can get it down tonight. Thanks for sharing!!

10+ Year Old Account
    WOAH!

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5273/umadmemegeneratorumadbr.jpg

Although I can understand where you're coming from, this kind of explicit bash will not do you any good. In fact, it seems to already do you some harm.

Anyway, I have never experienced these issues as I don't PvE but maybe a ticket is the best way to go. Or you can try, as said, do the reset phase thingy.

Please do not post meme pictures. You can link to them, just not actually post the image. Just considered spam, thanks - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-17 at 12:02 AM.

The most obnoxious raiding bug we've encountered so far is in Phase 3 of Nightmare Mode Soa. Soa will drop all aggro every time a Mind Trap spawns, which means that if a Mind Trap is spawning right as a column is about to drop on him, he'll run out of position and you'll lose a shield phase. He didn't seem to do this before 1.1 and its gone completely unaddressed since.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-02-16 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The most obnoxious raiding bug we've encountered so far is in Phase 3 of Nightmare Mode Soa. Soa will drop all aggro every time a Mind Trap spawns, which means that if a Mind Trap is spawning right as a column is about to drop on him, he'll run out of position and you'll lose a shield phase. He didn't seem to do this before 1.1 and its gone completely unaddressed since.
    Actually, it was addressed today for Tuesdays patch

It just irks me how they manage to fix one bug on a boss, and bring about two other ones every patch.
    This is why we need to be able to transfer 50s to PTS, to find those god damn bugs before they go live on the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    It just irks me how they manage to fix one bug on a boss, and bring about two other ones every patch.
    This is why we need to be able to transfer 50s to PTS, to find those god damn bugs before they go live on the servers.
    Which they are also working on. Of course with their track record you'll copy your Assassin and end up with a Sage.

Solving the South Pillar first on every part works for us every time. Since we learned that we one-shot that every week.
    Soa we just killed with the bug - he just resets threat every mind trap, in phase 2 and three. If your tank just taunts every time he stats the cast called Mind Trap, he will keep threat. It's far enough apart for you to easily have your taunt off of cooldown for when you need it.