10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I understand that, but what I'm referring to is, do you think that he could have been better if he hadn't so much shit to deal with while in Power? Or is he really just an arsehole?

Do you think Clinton would have handled the situation in a better way?
    Foreign policy-wise I think he did an alright job, even if I get flamed by some EU Bush haters, he had America's best interests in mind, IMO. Domestically he did a crappy job, helped along by congress.

I was 12 when Clinton left office, so I can't really comment much on what he would have done. All I remember from when he was in office was Monica Lewinsky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    It's not hard to guess what political ideology you support :P
    Trust me- I am not nearly as conservative as you would guess. My issues are almost exclusively personal economic issues. That makes it simple- I make more money under Bush, less under Clinton's taxes, or under anything Obama has done. Socially, I am much closer to Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acewipe View Post
    People like to give W a hard time (for good reason), but he is not nearly as bad as what we have now. And Clinton was not nearly as good as many give him created for being.
    Yeah, I feel pretty much the opposite.

I think W was a good ole boy who wasn't qualified for the office of the presidency. I approved of the invasion of Afghanistan to chase after Bin Laden and to shut down a regime that was blatantly training people to conduct terror attacks on the West. When W started talking about invading Iraq, though, I was rubbing my eyes in disbelief. Iraq was a complete red herring, and one that cost our country an unbelievable amount of money and lives. I think he took the 9/11 thing and ran way too far with it. Guantanamo Bay, waterboarding, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and creating the legal framework to detain people as enemy combatants instead of citizens I think are all things that operate against the ideals that make the USA a great nation. No Child Left Behind and Medicare Part D were both horrendous pieces of legislation that did a lot of harm to our country. I also think that his re-election in 2004 was almost entirely predicated on the exploitation of the fear of the American public in the wake of 9/11, which I think is contemptible. Finally, he allowed for the ascendency of the Neo-cons and people like Grover Norquist, who have changed the politics in the US to be so incredibly*dysfunctional*that I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

By contrast, I think Obama has done most of the things he promised to do, and I respect him for that. He ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell, he stopped defending the Defense of Marriage Act, he got our troops out of Iraq on time, he handled Libya with our foreign partners extremely well, he passed Obamacare, which I think is doing a whole lot of really good things, though isn't as much as I would have liked, he passed a few stimuluses, which I'd prefer we hadn't needed, but probably kept the country from going into a depression, and now the economy is in full recovery mode.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that we should stop talking politics ITT before we ruin it.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that, but what I'm referring to is, do you think that he could have been better if he hadn't so much shit to deal with while in Power? Or is he really just an arsehole?

Do you think Clinton would have handled the situation in a better way?
    I think if Bush hadn't had 9/11 to deal with he'd have been better, though still bad. He'd have been a 1 term president, because he wouldn't have had the fear of the public to exploit. But he wouldn't have created the Department of Homeland Security, or the various legal frameworks that I disapprove of, and wouldn't have gotten us into two wars. He still would have passed Medicare Part D, which is fiscally unsound, but that wouldn't have been as big a deal without the wars to pay for. He still would have passed No Child Left Behind, which was a fiasco.

I think if Clinton had had to deal with 9/11, we would have had the invasion of Afghanistan, but the Iraq invasion never would have happened. Medicare Part D probably wouldn't have happened because Clinton had already tried to reform healthcare once and failed.*

And what do you like about Clinton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Your governor is a noob. Bitch needs to take gun handling 101. (You NEVER have your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot)
    Rick Perry always intends to shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clinton? I think he was a good politician, skilled at playing the game. He knew how to make the Republicans and the Democrats work together. He used military force in moderation, and did the most out of any modern president to balance the federal budget. I think he was the most responsible president of last 50 years, though I'm not sure I would call Obama irresponsible just because he's been handed a pile of poop without toilet paper and has to figure out how to wipe it off without making a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Clinton? I think he was a good politician, skilled at playing the game. He knew how to make the Republicans and the Democrats work together. He used military force in moderation, and did the most out of any modern president to balance the federal budget. I think he was the most responsible president of last 50 years, though I'm not sure I would call Obama irresponsible just because he's been handed a pile of poop without toilet paper and has to figure out how to wipe it off without making a mess.
    That's a shitty analogy.

hahaha =D

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shitty analogy.

hahaha =D
    Ya man, get that crap outta here!!

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Ya man, get that crap outta here!!
    woah, no reason to be such an asshole !

10+ Year Old Account
    woah, no reason to be such an asshole !
    This thread is going down the toilet fast, better do something Arch!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going down the toilet fast, better do something Arch!
    Oh god, I'm all flushed with embarrassment!*

10+ Year Old Account
    What can I do?
    Get your shit together and fix this thread!

Get your shit together and fix this thread!
    ew, I'm not touching shit ! T_T

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Oh god, I'm all flushed with embarrassment!*
    I'm more concerned with the abuse of asterisks I'm seeing in sentences all over MMO-Champ. Why do you keep putting them at the end of sentences, then not following them up with additional info later. I am confused :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned with the abuse of asterisks I'm seeing in sentences all over MMO-Champ. Why do you keep putting them at the end of sentences, then not following them up with additional info later. I am confused :<
    C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!!

It's bug *:/

Deleted
    C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!!
    Also nation breaker.

/subtle reference