Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    LMAO thanks for the laugh I didn't mean anything that caricatured but the moment i opened the site on a tab and saw those devil horns... oh my

Deleted
    I can't help it. Every time when I see Colin say something I imagine him with a "" smile.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-02-12 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2 is made of pure love. This is why it will last for ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerthe View Post
    Very nice video.

A little OT: I don't know if they only made it look that way but everyone working for arenanet seems to be very un-corporation-ish (my english failed me greatly here^^). People working for arenanet really seem to be in the industry because they're enthusiastic about it and make games that they would play and are original at the same time... it's pretty bold, especially in the MMO market. The next is copied from their "jobs" site:

Not all companies give that good of a vibe...
    on that note you might want to WATCH THIS VIDEO!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I can't help it. Every time when I see Colin say something I imagine him with a "" smile.

You mean this one? Lol <3 Colin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    That was absolutely amazing! I have even more respect for arenanet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I gotta admit, these guys look like they put all there heart and soul into this game. Something i havn't seen developers do in a LONG time.
    This is the reason, and has been for a while, that Arena Net is really one of my favorite developers (other than Bethesda). They really do love what they do. They make the games that they want to play and give them to us. Really just amazing how much they put into these games.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    I love that video <3

It was the second video that sold me on GW2.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Naaw that poor guy in the end talking about the community is so nervous and/or emotional that his hands are shaking. Bless him!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know many of you might think this sounds terrible, but I have to say it...

ANet reminds me how I felt about the Blizzard team from 1995-2001. After the release of WoW it just felt like the big wigs (i.e. Chris and Samwise) inherited seriously inflated egos. Have you seen Blizzcon? A lot of their die-hard fans pretty much WORSHIP them. It's insane to think that people I used to see as internet friends/family have become egotistical god-heads. I certainly hope ANet doesn't let their success get to them all the same. However, judging by the way they run their company, it may never happen. I'm glad of it.

Watching that video gives a real insight about how much ANet cares not only for their product, but also for the community. Key word: THE community, not THEIR community. They reflect it and I love them for it that much more. Now what I'd like to see them do is get a wider community support and management team. Not just country-wise, but also internet. We need more CMs talking with the community in more sites, like this one. Hell, for all we know Mif could be Colin in disguise (I'm on to you)!

Overall, I love ANet and I'm glad they have brought me back to what games truly meant to me when I was a little kid. I'm glad to be involved in a community of great people, as well as have a company to look up to like some kind of Super Hero! Hell, I remember when I was 13 years old I wanted to be a conceptual artist like Samewise. He was my video game Super Hero.

It's not only you who should be thanking us, ANet, but also us thanking you. So thank you for everything. Thank you for caring. Thank you for being there to answer a;l the tough questions. Thank you for making all the crazy and tough decisions. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.

Love yah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

ANet reminds me how I felt about the Blizzard team from 1995-2001.
    Yep I agree with you. But Blizzard has just gotten way to big to be able to interact with the community closely in such things.

That's what I like about arenanet, they listen to the community and interact with them much more.

*Falls down on his knees*

Please, please, please Guild Wars 2...

Do NOT dissapoint me when I get to hold you...

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moldran View Post
    Yep I agree with you. But Blizzard has just gotten way to big to be able to interact with the community closely in such things.

That's what I like about arenanet, they listen to the community and interact with them much more.
    What's even more crazy is that GW2 isn't even out. Yet they talk and treat potential consumers like we're already playing it. They give and take feedback quite regularly and are holding the MMO reins (in my opinion) at the moment. HIGH HO SILVER, AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

ANet reminds me how I felt about the Blizzard team from 1995-2001. After the release of WoW it just felt like the big wigs (i.e. Chris and Samwise) inherited seriously inflated egos. Have you seen Blizzcon? A lot of their die-hard fans pretty much WORSHIP them. It's insane to think that people I used to see as internet friends/family have become egotistical god-heads. I certainly hope ANet doesn't let their success get to them all the same. However, judging by the way they run their company, it may never happen. I'm glad of it.

Watching that video gives a real insight about how much ANet cares not only for their product, but also for the community. Key word: THE community, not THEIR community. They reflect it and I love them for it that much more. Now what I'd like to see them do is get a wider community support and management team. Not just country-wise, but also internet. We need more CMs talking with the community in more sites, like this one. Hell, for all we know Mif could be Colin in disguise (I'm on to you)!

Overall, I love ANet and I'm glad they have brought me back to what games truly meant to me when I was a little kid. I'm glad to be involved in a community of great people, as well as have a company to look up to like some kind of Super Hero! Hell, I remember when I was 13 years old I wanted to be a conceptual artist like Samewise. He was my video game Super Hero.

It's not only you who should be thanking us, ANet, but also us thanking you. So thank you for everything. Thank you for caring. Thank you for being there to answer a;l the tough questions. Thank you for making all the crazy and tough decisions. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.

Love yah.
    The Founder of Arena Net was a Blizzard Employee and actually created Battle.net from the ground up. I've been to Blizzcon too and I have seen the fans drool over the people they meet there (Myself included, <3 Dustin Browder). I think what people need to see here though is that Arena Net is not your typical game developer. They really do just enjoy what they do and they ONLY make games that they themselves would love playing - and accept no less than perfection when they do.

Look up the ArenaNet Retrospective Video and just look at how they do their job. Amazing, simply amazing.

All those feels...just makes it even harder to wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome vid! +10 pts to my anxiety to play GW2 now! More respect to Anet as well!!!
    Also, I'll never get tired of that first piece of music with the piano solo at the beginning of that vid, its on par if not better than FFX's Xanarkand OST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice video. I'm confident that this game will be awesome at release.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how openly honest these people are. They aren't pro speakers like Colin is. They are regular people, like you and me. As someone mentioned, poor guy near the end was fluttering like a leaf in the wind. But it's fine, they all share the same passion. God speed and here's to hoping this will be the game we all hope for. Also love that opening and ending score. What song is that btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I love how openly honest these people are. They aren't pro speakers like Colin is. They are regular people, like you and me. As someone mentioned, poor guy near the end was fluttering like a leaf in the wind. But it's fine, they all share the same passion. God speed and here's to hoping this will be the game we all hope for. Also love that opening and ending score. What song is that btw?
    The song is from their Gamescon 2011 trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyHwqokkKk

and here's the song by itself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBe95TISzEg