Poll: How many new games in the average year?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most years I buy more than nine, but it really depends. I'd say I've bought about 20 games last year, since a lot of good games came out. I also buy a few older and indie games, like some other people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically about 3 I would say... 2011 and 2010 I only purchased one game per each of those years. This year I've already preordered two.. and thinking of grabbing Alice: return to madness. I'm a huge fan of anything Alice in Wonderland related, so its been on my wishlist for some time now.

It's hard for me to imagine how people go through so many games in a year these days.. Granted, in the prime days of the original playstation me and my cousin used to go through 24 games per year.. we would each get a new game every month then trade. Man.. we had some fun times..
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

15+ Year Old Account
    Per year? Usually one, sometimes less, sometimes more. If there's a Zelda game released, I'll buy it. If there's an Elder Scroll game released, I'll buy it. If there's a Halo game released, I'll buy it. That's about it, except for a few odd ins here and there. Averages out to about one a year.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

hmmm, lets see, i bought Skyrim, Arkham city, saints row 3, assassin's creed, ocarina of time 3d, super mario 3d land, starfox 3d, battlefield 3, deus ex, rage, gears of war 3, Zelda skyward sword, plants vs zombies, tetris attack, a bunch more games on my 3DS (like 6 not including the 20 i got from the ambassador program). and THAT was only half of the year's total. pretty sure earlier in 2011 i got portal 2, duke nukem forever (and promptly sold it), and others. soo... alot.

Deleted
    2-3 is kinda close. Though I bought 7 last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy just about every game that comes out each year. I like to try everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far, far too many. Especially since I play MMOs. I seriously have a stack of games, that I happen to be looking at as I type this, sitting on my desk that I haven't even opened yet. There are 10 of them, and two on top that I opened but haven't played yet, either. And once my tax return hits, I'll have about 6 more coming, though they'll be on Steam.

My Steam list is a mile long. Granted, about 15 of them are freaking garbage that comes along with ordering Half-Life games. I REALLY stocked up on Steam games around New Year's day, when they were having all those sales. I can't pass up paying $5 for a game, or $15 for 6-7 games in a bundle ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    went from 2-3 a week/month to maybe 1 a year if its something i really want
    since ive gotten used to each game i ever buy to being a disapointment i just dont bother anymore
    the more hyped a game is the more disapointing if i see something i really want or crave to play it i play some old game ive had for ages till i forget about it or lose interest in it the amount of money i spent on console games was insane but since my lust for gaming has pretty much disapeared i just check lets plays or walktrhoughs on youtube

oh and i dont count expansions or DLC as games ive spent so much on shitty map packs and random weapon packs or w/e for games that endup being forgotten and never played again its just depressing

Eh...I picked 4, I've never really counted, but if you exclude steam sales that are like 5 dollars each then probably between 3-5 on average, so I picked 4 (I don't buy a lot of Steam games either usually but I still don't count em unless they are 20+ dollars or so). I really only buy games I know I'm going to like, and I make them last a long time. I probably purchased more this past year than ever before, as I added an Xbox 360 to my collection and picked up a bunch of games in addition to a few for the PC...and, I thought 2011 was a really good year for games, Portal 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim and such. But games are getting really expensive, and I can't disregard the expenses of monthly subs to WoW and currently SWTOR (yeah I play some of both), xbox live, etc when I figure how much money I spend on gaming. I felt I got my monies worth for every game I purchased this past year, and I still don't have enough time in my day to play each and every one of them as much as I would like to, but oh well. The only game from the past year I don't have that I would like to get at some point would be the Batman one, but I don't know what I'd do with it after I beat it so I'll wait til it's cheaper I think.

Deleted
    2011 I bought:

Dead Space (3-4 € on steam)
    Dead Space 2 (full price)
    Dragon age 2 (full price)
    Total War: Shogun 2 (full price)
    Assassin's creed: brotherhood (full price)
    Crysis 2 (full price)
    Deus Ex: Human revolution (full price)
    Dead Island (full price)
    Batman: Arkham city (full price)
    Battlefield 3 (full price)
    Skyrim (full price)

So I bought 10 full price games and 1 discount game last year. Looking back that's a lot of money spent.... Don't regret any of them though. Also, it's less than half of the games I would've wanted to buy last year. Only have PC (no consoles) and couldn't afford some of the pc games either.

10-30 games a year.

Not very many until I downloaded steam and bought games during the ridiculous Holiday sale.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, I buy 1 game every ~2 months. But it seems there's a new law (or w/e it is called) that will reduce the taxes on games in Brazil, so it might become 1 game per month in a near future.

Deleted
    3-4 I think, this year I've bought Skyrim, BF3 and MW3 so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    really depends on the games that are coming out in the year, I know I planning to get at least 4-5 this year 2-3 if you exclude expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the exception of when I started playing WoW, I would say 20 games a year on average. I know last year I bought that atleast looking at my steam library.

In 2011, I bought:
    Skyrim
    AC2
    BF:BC2
    BF3
    Bioshock 1&2
    Borderlands
    Dead Space 1&2
    Oblivion for the 3rd time(for PC this time as Digital Deluxe)
    Grid
    L4D2
    Mass Effect 1&2
    Overlord 2
    Portal 2
    Saints Row: The Third
    Civ 5
    KOTOR(for PC this time)
    Rift
    SWTOR
    Heroes of Newerth(before it was F2P)
    Plus 5 Games for the PS3 I got last year.

Most of the games I bought were quite a bit old, so not many at full price. I only bought about 5 Full Priced games last year, but I would say they were worth it.

Good thing my SSD is so small. Or I'd spend too much.

Deleted
    I buy alot of cheap games, Since februari last year I've bought over 30 games, excluding humble bundle. Have about 100 games in my library.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-02-14 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    10+ i think, depends on the year's game quality

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 or less, don't have much time for gaming