Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dragon Age: Origins is a fantastic game, and probably my personal favorite BioWare offering. The combat however is not for everyone - at the easiest difficulties it's boring, and at the hardest, highly tactical and a lot of fun, but only IF you're into that whole pausing every other second thing. I guess the same could be said for most BioWare games, all the way back to Baldur's Gate (which is another one I recommend if you don't mind that it came out in 1998.)

Dragon Age 2 is ... not so fantastic. But some people like it.

As for ME3, I'll be participating in the boycott of the title. Day-one DLC is wrong, and as much as I love the series, I don't love it enough to reinforce game studios to continue this sort of trend.

Quite the oppisite, I've played all Bioware Games since Baldurs Gate and thats why I bought SWTOR

Deleted
    It's done the opposite for me.

I don't know what a lot of people in this thread expected from SWTOR, an acid trip?

Anyway, KOTOR inspired me to purchase SWTOR. As a new MMO it has all the features I expect and want so it keeps me happy. I know it will take over as the #1 king of MMOs eventually, even with all the vocal hate / trolling (because face it it's mostly trolls and little children who think it's cool to hate on a product).

My ranking of favourite game companies now is 1. Valve 2. Bioware 3. Dice

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I'm not robbing anyone of anything. I'm simply pointing out that along with DLC you have to buy being available from day one of release, they are also marketing a ton of other merchandise and releasing DLC with each piece of merchandise, effectively totaling approx $870 if you want to get ALL of the DLC that comes with ME:3. How many people are seriously going to buy action figures, keyboards, Iphone covers, courier bags, headsets, and numerous other things, just to gain access to all this DLC?

Furthermore, why should anyone do so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFxtUls-yZc ME:3 DLC starts @ 8:05

See you DO NOT HAVE TO BUY DAY 1 DLC. You do not have to buy any DLC. Most of the stuff available is cosmetic stuff that means nothing. If I wanted to total up all the pets and shit I could buy in the blizzard store...

Sadly to say it has made me not even want to look at their other products. I am more than willing to watch someone streaming their game play. However I doubt I would buy anything from this at this point. I bought Star Wars for two reasons, Star Wars and the novelty of the Voice Acting. Unfortunately the Hero engine and their "level" layouts did not help. The novelty of the voice acted questing wears off after a while
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    The problem with Dragon Age 2 is that people like myself, thought that will find similar gameplay like DA :O. It was shocked when i saw the arcade style combat(yes to me is more like god of war style than an rpg type).

The first game was nothing spectacular story wise but the atmosphere(loved the deep roads for example), and the tactical combat were imo amazing. It reminded me of Baldur's gate.

Deleted
    Nope the last 2 BW games I played was TOR and Dragon Age 2, if anything its put me off buying a BW title ever again both seemed rushed and not upto the standard BW set previous to these 2 games.

I don't wanna get into a ME3 rant id be here all day, lets just say I wont be buying into that cash cow either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Sorry to say this but that is kind of shortsighted. BioWare is responsible for some of the best games ever made.

Baldur's Gate 2, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origin, Knights of the Old Republic, and Neverwinter Nights were all very very good titles. Furthermore, I don't understand what people expect from games these days. In order to create a very compelling story one has to sacrifice some gameplay. It is near impossible to write an engaging story and not have it be somewhat linear. This isn't pen and paper RPG with a DM who can make decisions on the fly.
    Those may be good games, and I may be missing out by not playing them... but not really. I'm just not interested at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Sadly to say it has made me not even want to look at their other products. I am more than willing to watch someone streaming their game play. However I doubt I would buy anything from this at this point. I bought Star Wars for two reasons, Star Wars and the novelty of the Voice Acting. Unfortunately the Hero engine and their "level" layouts did not help. The novelty of the voice acted questing wears off after a while
    After reading this comment.. and seeing what i did with other RPG´s released recently. Just watch OMFGcata for it, i think if he will do mass effect 3 to.. then i probably will skip it to. Somehow outside MMO´s / FPS watching him play while making jokes etc. is even more enjoyable then playing them myself :P

Ah well that was slighlty offtopic. Will keep it for now on i will see if i will buy it. Depending if there will be a good series of videos up. Or simply some x hour livestream.

Deleted
    No,I was a big SW:TOR fanboy! but since last week i am no longer ;( though not because of bioware

Made me run to the hills when bioware is mentioned. After playing swtor I just get angry

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    The problem with Dragon Age 2 is that people like myself, thought that will find similar gameplay like DA :O. It was shocked when i saw the arcade style combat(yes to me is more like god of war style than an rpg type).

The first game was nothing spectacular story wise but the atmosphere(loved the deep roads for example), and the tactical combat were imo amazing. It reminded me of Baldur's gate.
    have you even played DA2? I agree with anyone who sasy DA:O is a hundred times better, but DA2 has the exact same tactical combat.

I PLAYED THE FIRST AND ONLY MMO THAT BIOWARE MADE AND DIDN'T ENJOY IT VERY MUCH THEREFORE I'M GOING TO ASSUME EVERY OTHER GAME THEY'VE BEEN MAKING FOR THE PAST DECADE ARE TERRIBLE AND I WILL NOT EVER GIVE THEM A CHANCE EVEN THOUGH THEY'VE CREATED SOME OF THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SINGLE PLAYER RPGS FOR CONSOLE GAMES, I MEAN, MMOS AND SINGLE PLAYER RPS ARE JUST TOO SIMILARLY MADE AND BALANCED FOR THEM TO BE GOOD AT ONE AND NOT GOOD AT THE OTHER,

right?

Caps lock is NOT cruise control for cool ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-03-03 at 03:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    ..... In order to create a very compelling story one has to sacrifice some gameplay. It is near impossible to write an engaging story and not have it be somewhat linear. This isn't pen and paper RPG with a DM who can make decisions on the fly.
    If you want to write an engaging story in a game, then do it as a Single-Player one and not a MMO. A MMO is supposed to create a virtual world where you want you character to live in and nobody I know wants to live in a linear, closed-off world.

There are people that don't mind doing so, I just don't know any if them
    Last edited by mmocc955237267; 2012-03-02 at 02:51 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    BW is amazing at story and RPG games. If you haven't played any of their games before, you are missing out.

The only game of theirs that I haven't liked was DA2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathuulord View Post
    I PLAYED THE FIRST AND ONLY MMO THAT BIOWARE MADE AND DIDN'T ENJOY IT VERY MUCH THEREFORE I'M GOING TO ASSUME EVERY OTHER GAME THEY'VE BEEN MAKING FOR THE PAST DECADE ARE TERRIBLE AND I WILL NOT EVER GIVE THEM A CHANCE EVEN THOUGH THEY'VE CREATED SOME OF THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SINGLE PLAYER RPGS FOR CONSOLE GAMES, I MEAN, MMOS AND SINGLE PLAYER RPS ARE JUST TOO SIMILARLY MADE AND BALANCED FOR THEM TO BE GOOD AT ONE AND NOT GOOD AT THE OTHER,

right?
    Right. Cbf wasting time on a company when disheartened, even if I'm missing out on a good story or not.

I don't -have- to play their games, I don't -have- to play any games at all. I just don't want to.

Loved KOTOR 1 and 2, loved DA: O, love SWTOR. I have been giving serious thought to trying out the ME series, but that would take away time from SWTOR. So its a tough decision.

Yes it has. I was not really aware of Mass Effect until after reading about how the conversation mechanic was inspired by existing mechanics in ME. I am currently playing through ME1 and really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Loved KOTOR 1 and 2, loved DA: O, love SWTOR. I have been giving serious thought to trying out the ME series, but that would take away time from SWTOR. So its a tough decision.
    2 wasn't Bioware. Also, if TOR was rushed, it was EA's fault. If Mass Effect 3 has a ton of launch dlc, it's EA's fault. Don't blame Bioware, especially when it comes to their older games, on the shit you hate EA for when they're both just being businesses.