Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Finding someone attractive doesn't make you sick, unless they're like a legit child. 16 is far from being a "child" tho.
    16 years old is still considered a child... have you ever sat down and talked with a 16 year old girl lately? they are very very childish and mentally have a lot of growing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    BTW, In general your poll is trash. You havent defined any boundries at all. Just saying a relationship is either okay or it's not.

Sloppy. Don't vote on this poll imo.
    Whoa, sorry Fuzzster. I made the thread in a rush.

It's just that in the comment section of the news post, there was a gender debate, and that was what I was most curious about. I could've worded it better I guess. I just included the variable I was most curious about as there are countless other potential variables. People are free to leave their other thoughts/comments in the thread though.

I'll try and make a better poll next time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    A high school teacher, 41, resigned from his job and left his family to move in with a former student, now 18, he is having a relationship with.
    Seem perfectly legal, but this thing will end in a few months. And after it ends, the guy is out of a job, with no family and with a screwed up reputation for the rest of his life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Whoa, sorry Fuzzster. I made the thread in a rush.

It's just that in the comment section of the news post, there was a gender debate, and that was what I was most curious about. I could've worded it better I guess. I just included the variable I was most curious about as there are countless other potential variables. People are free to leave their other thoughts/comments in the thread though.

I'll try and make a better poll next time. :/
    hehe Fuzzter. <3

That's cool what you wanna do with your poll. I just think it's silly. Gender debates wont last long here anyways so, you probably made the right decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Seem perfectly legal, but this thing will end in a few months. And after it ends, the guy is out of a job, with no family and with a screwed up reputation for the rest of his life.
    What was he thinking? Like seriously? o.O

She's 18. The chances of this lasting are like 0.00005%.
    He should of just kept it secret like a normal pervy old dude. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    and not as immoral as the fact that he completely abandoned his family.
    Agreed, that is the main problem I have with it. Other than that I feel it's no one elses business but theirs

Of course as you said if I was related tot he girl I'd probably be emotionally involved enough to want to beat the shit out of the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    If they're both of adult age, no problem with it. The guy scored himself a win. Although, it's headed for a fail most likely. She'll get bored and moved on, meanwhile he's out of a job. :\

BTW - LOL @ the hypocrites who think its only ok if the teacher's a female. Either it's ok both ways, or its not. Otherwise, you've got issues.
    i thought itd be sexist if its only ok if teacher is female. Tbh its not okay, in my opinion atleast. But its ok if its the age past school and crap

This is directed at most of the "it's not ok if the older one is female!" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That is completely and utterly sexist. I cant believe you people are even saying that. What is wrong with you?
    It is women who, in our culture, tend to have their reputation ruined from having sex ("slut" etc). It is this cultural based damage that is the main issue brought up with 'inappropriate' relationships.

Men do not suffer this stigma, even if it is a young (18-20) year old with a older (say, 40) woman in a position of authority.

Without the stigma saying "sex is bad" on a male, either in their heads or in the heads of those around them, it is much more difficult for them to be adversely effected by a sexual relationship that might have made a female feel used/ruin self esteem/ruin reputation.

And we don't really consider the older one in the position of authority to be harmed anyway regardless of gender.

So yes, it's more OK (barring damages from the relationship emotionally interfering with professional judgement etc) if the young one is a male.

Please separate sexism out from simple truth in your head, or you will hold yourself and the people around you back.
    Last edited by Nereth; 2012-03-03 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    I know it's sexist, and I'm fine with that.

But to try and rationalize it a little bit. A girl student is far more likely to experience emotional distress and/or lifelong psychological problems from this than a boy. A boy is likely to get praise from his friends, and actually gain a lot of confidence from the encounter. A girl on the other hand is more likely to have problems dealing with this later in life.

This is from the perspective of a young male, so maybe I'm biased, but I would experience no 'trauma' or 'emotional distress' from one of my female teachers banging me. Provided she doesn't look like Rosie O Donell . And even then, it's not like I would be forced. Instead of looking at it from some politically correct viewpoint, I am just looking at it from a realistic perspective.

Would you REALLY suffer lifelong emotional distress from banging your female English/Maths teacher twice a month?
    grade A stereotypical sexist bullshit

your assuming all guys are jocks, that the teacher is attractive, the the guy is straight, etc etc

its not looking at the situation realistically its completely utterly delusional.

seriously what if she's psycho and stalks him? Woman can do everything men can both negative and positive.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a personal point of view (I am a teacher) I think it's unprofessional and not OK.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

So if you had a teacher that looked like this in school wanting your payniss you would have politely declined?

Without an ounce of regret.

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 02:22 AM ----------

I know it's sexist, and I'm fine with that.

But to try and rationalize it a little bit. A girl student is far more likely to experience emotional distress and/or lifelong psychological problems from this than a boy. A boy is likely to get praise from his friends, and actually gain a lot of confidence from the encounter. A girl on the other hand is more likely to have problems dealing with this later in life.

This is from the perspective of a young male, so maybe I'm biased, but I would experience no 'trauma' or 'emotional distress' from one of my female teachers banging me. Provided she doesn't look like Rosie O Donell . And even then, it's not like I would be forced. Instead of looking at it from some politically correct viewpoint, I am just looking at it from a realistic perspective.

Would you REALLY suffer lifelong emotional distress from banging your female English/Maths teacher twice a month?
    I'm a guy; this is horseshit and stereotyping.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'm a guy; this is horseshit and stereotyping.
    You are living in a fairytail land of political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    This is directed at most of the "it's not ok if the older one is female!" people.

It is women who, in our culture, tend to have their reputation ruined from having sex ("slut" etc). It is this cultural based damage that is the main issue brought up with 'inappropriate' relationships.

Men do not suffer this stigma, even if it is a young (18-20) year old with a older (say, 40) woman in a position of authority.

Without the stigma saying "sex is bad" on a male, either in their heads or in the heads of those around them, it is much more difficult for them to be adversely effected by a sexual relationship that might have made a female feel used/ruin self esteem/ruin reputation.

And we don't really consider the older one in the position of authority to be harmed anyway regardless of gender.

So yes, it's more OK (barring damages from the relationship emotionally interfering with professional judgement etc) if the young one is a male.

Please separate sexism out from simple truth in your head, or you will hold yourself and the people around you back.
    your saying that its fine because hes a guy and that guys act in a specific manner that's sexism! you can't just bunch up everyone of a gender into 1 sentence.

just because a guy is in high school doesn't make him a stereotypical jock.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Deleted
    It will be slightly awkward when they go out to eat at restaurants and the waitress asks her if her dad wants anything.

You're living in a delusional world of black and white, like half of the rest of the posters on this toxic board.

yea and ur living in a delusional national lampoon movieland where all men in high school are played by Ashton Kutcher.

due to his age and the fact he was a teacher he never should have touched the girl until she was at least 20/21 if he was in fact in love with her. Im all for older people being with younger people but, being married with kids, in a position of power and control over younger individuals, not even considering she might be screwy in the head and not know what she wants he should be ashamed of himself.

If somone older actually is in love with somone younger they should NEVER touch the younger individual until they go and experience life seperated from the individual and if they feel they are still in love than they can do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    your saying that its fine because hes a guy and that guys act in a specific manner that's sexism! you can't just bunch up everyone of a gender into 1 sentence.

First of all do not misquote me if you wish to have this discussion, I said it was "More ok", not "it's fine".

Second I didn't say guys act in a specific manner I stated that there was a cultural stigma. If you want to argue that there is not, and men are equally treated to women with regards to sexual promiscuity, then I would love to hear that, since basically you would be arguing that a major part of sexism in our culture does not exist. What part do you play then in our attempt as a society to deal with sexism?

The fact is sexism does exist and if you try to sweep it under the rug and ignore its effects you will only make things worse.

Please try not to get into a position of authority until you deal with your simple minded approach to dealing with sexism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    That's where you're mistaken. You don't have to be a "stereotypical jock" to want to bang your hot teacher.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's where you're mistaken. You don't have to be a "stereotypical jock" to want to bang your hot teacher.
    nah. you just have to have a penis and and a heartbeat.. gimme a break.