Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Oh wow, Riot derp.

If you're going to let players stack something to the moon because it's OP, they will. Spam UNIQUE moar!
    No derp. It was a fun build made for nothing else but that, fun.

You were a nuclear power-plant built out of paper. You'd instantly die because of lack of defensive items, but you'd have insane damage. Funny as shit as Veigar and Karthus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Must.........resist..........getting.........infracted...................so hard........
    Infracted for saying this? Blow me. Seriously. Infract me again, you child, who cares

If you have issues with moderation, message another mod or Sunshine. Posts like this aren't okay.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-02-12 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Infracted for saying this? Blow me. Seriously. Infract me again, you child, who cares
    Not posting constructively gets you infracted. Get over it kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    (Were you here for the Akali-Athene's thing? That was absolute hell)
    He was. He was advocating it vehemently. We did not convince him.

Seriously, "Firebert build idea" is going to become a local meme here soon. Oo

Just how much more facts, numbers and opinions of players with vastly superior experience do you need to understand you are wrong and need to never build TF on Vlad again?
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-02-12 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    You obviously care, since you took the time to post angrily about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    The point is; it's not just "slightly"-misitemized, it's hugely-misitemized. The only stat you gain from Trinity Force is Ability Power and Health. The other stats aren't just low-value; they have no value at all.
    Simply not true. The only stat with zero value on Trinity Force for Vladimir would be the mana.

To be honest, I wouldn't even take Ignite on Veigar. It feels like taking Ignite on AP Kog'Maw.. just.. meh.
    Veigar's all about his Q and making enemy AP champions blow up with his combo (or R alone if fed). 5AP is 5AP, even if you burn Ignite as soon as a champion is near.

1) Ghost > Flash on Vladimir unless you face someone like Morgana, where you have to get out instantly. Why? Because of your Pool (think Olaf) and so you can run in/out of the fights accordingly. 2) You took Heal for the wrong reasons. You take it vs. specific lane-opponents. Same with Exhaust. This isn't exactly important to this discussion, it's more of a tip for future games.
    I have neither the Offensive nor the Utility summoner's spell Mastery for Vlad, and I'm only in Defensive for the HP benefits (going for 15/15/0 instead of 9/21/0 or 21/9/0). Heal gives me more scaling HP and hence more AP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Seriously, "Firebert build idea" is going to become a local meme here soon. Oo
    Right up there with "Pandragon complains about stuff" meme

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    He was. He was advocating it vehemently. We did not convince him.
    More like people didn't understand why Athene's was even suggested for Akali's.

EDIT: Click "impressin" at the end of the video.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    You obviously care, since you took the time to post angrily about it.
    Which, ironically, is also infractable so he is likely to get his wish fulfilled.

At the end of the day it's really his choice how to play the game, he'll get the elo he deserves and it won't have any impact on the rest of us. Let him have fun
    Well, yeah. It's still painful to see someone completely ignore this much sincere advice.

Deleted
    He seemed pretty receptive to what I said about trying the other builds, let's leave it at that.

At the end of the day it's really his choice how to play the game, he'll get the elo he deserves and it won't have any impact on the rest of us. Let him have fun
    I agree with Muz here, let's leave it at this.
    Take a Pikachu, calm down.

Back to the screenshots I'd say:

Unbearable how hard I had to carry this, 3 yordles in one team? Impossible.
    Everyone on the enemy team had warmogs and either sunfire cape or frozen heart, their tankyness was insane, only GP was glass cannon so I focused him hard, won easily in the end. For the King!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Simply not true. The only stat with zero value on Trinity Force for Vladimir would be the mana.
    No, they do not have any value for Vladimir that'll benefit him in any way what-so-ever.

Veigar's all about his Q and making enemy AP champions blow up with his combo (or R alone if fed). 5AP is 5AP, even if you burn Ignite as soon as a champion is near.
    That's not why I'm not taking Ignite on Veigar. It's because of the fact that he's a squishy guy who needs to stand in the background and land his stun-combo's meaning taking Ignite would be for lane-phase and nothing else. Which is why I said "like AP Kog'Maw", but I guess you don't know what I mean, fair enough. It's not about the AP; it's about the fact that I'm not close enough to land Ignite, and I don't want to be close enough to land Ignite. I'd rather get Cleanse, in case they have hard-cc or I get caught, Exhaust in case they have heavy divers, or Teleport for some sexy ganking action.

I have neither the Offensive nor the Utility summoner's spell Mastery for Vlad, and I'm only in Defensive for the HP benefits (going for 15/15/0 instead of 9/21/0 or 21/9/0). Heal gives me more scaling HP and hence more AP.
    What's the point of going 15/15 instead of 9/21?

Check out this guy's guide on Vladimir, he's easily one of the best Vlad player's I've seen

Look at his reasoning on builds, masteries and runes.

@Monado - You've made me start playing Pokemon, and watch the series (atleast up until they ditch the original voice actors) again with all these poke-gifs. This is great!!
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-02-12 at 12:22 AM.

I agree with Muz here, let's leave it at this.
    Take a Pikachu, calm down.

Back to the screenshots I'd say:

Unbearable how hard I had to carry this, 3 yordles in one team? Impossible.
    Everyone on the enemy team had warmogs and either sunfire cape or frozen heart, their tankyness was insane, only GP was glass cannon so I focused him hard, won easily in the end. For the King!
    I can't seem to lane successfully with J4 anymore.. Can you give me some tips? I desperately want to be good at him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I can't seem to lane successfully with J4 anymore.. Can you give me some tips? I desperately want to be good at him again.
    Play him middle. His lack of sustain isn't as devastating since most mids don't have any sustain either. That and your QE combo at level 2 does about half of their health, if not more. As far as top lane goes, I don't really know what to do with him. If you grab some early doran's blades on him a lot of people will underestimate his damage and get wrecked when they try to trade.

Most importantly though, max Q. It shreds armor, and it hits hard. If you get ahead, you can force people out of your lane simply by Qing them for absurd amounts of damage. Warding is important though since if you use your QE combo to go for a kill you only have flash to get out of a situation if things go poorly, or a jungler shows up etc. etc.

Really though just play him mid. He does rather well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Play him middle. His lack of sustain isn't as devastating since most mids don't have any sustain either. That and your QE combo at level 2 does about half of their health, if not more. As far as top lane goes, I don't really know what to do with him. If you grab some early doran's blades on him a lot of people will underestimate his damage and get wrecked when they try to trade.

Most importantly though, max Q. It shreds armor, and it hits hard. If you get ahead, you can force people out of your lane simply by Qing them for absurd amounts of damage. Warding is important though since if you use your QE combo to go for a kill you only have flash to get out of a situation if things go poorly, or a jungler shows up etc. etc.

Really though just play him mid. He does rather well there.
    Yeah I always max Q first. The damage has been quite underwhelming when I use it, but when an enemy J4 does it, I get beat to shit by those Q's. Never really been comfortable with playing Bruiser mid. Guess I should try it out sometime. Warding isn't really the problem as I have that covered pretty much all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I personally start either with Regen bead + 6hp pots and a ward or Flask + 1 pot + ward, depending on the matchup, I rarely take anything else, maybe cloth 5 if I'm against Mantheon.

The basics to laning as J4 is to abuse your opponent, your enemy goes in for a lasthit, you give him a quick bonk on the noggin with your spear to trigger your passive, your attack range is usually higher, so they won't be able to retaliate.
    Another example is when you use your EQ combo on them, if you successfully land both spells, they'll get scared off and just run away, without trading at all, when they do this, you automatically win the lane. Flask allows you to do more EQ combo's, which makes J4 laning a breeze, the hp from the flask is nice aswell, that's why I usually go for flask.

Do NOT I repeat NOT go for W at level 4, it's a common misconception that you need to level up all your skills, which is why you see random Ezreals running around with level 1 W which they, in reality, would never really use. W is too mana-inefficient in lane to be worth to level, the extra armor/as/damage the flag will get is worth it more than a weak shield.

Keep trading with the enemy, which you should win, unless you suck at aiming your E+Q. - I use my mouse hotkeys for this, helps to have them near eachother so you can do it in quick succession - After repeating this alot, you'll either have killed your enemy or have him harrassed/lower hp, at level 6, this is the perfect time to go in for the kill, E+Q+hit+R+Ignite is a killer combo that does crazy damage, much like Malphite when he hits 6.

Don't forget that your E can act as a pseudo-ward, so if you're pushing and you have no ward, and there are people missing, you can keep your E in the bush for a while, to secure your safety.

Also important is that Jarvan can roam to other lanes/enemy jungle quite well due to his potential mobility, use this to your advantage to help your mid or assist in counter-jungling, map-awareness is king!

For Runes I roll 9x armor pen marks, 9x armor seals, 9x flat mr glyphs and 3x armor pen quints. A nice balance of all stats.
    Masteries 9/21/0 since Tank masteries are king. (You can check them on my lolking profile @ signature, Solo Top Jarvan is what the page is called).

Haven't really talked about mid/late game, but you asked for laning, so yeah that's what I do at least.
    If that's not enough of an explanation, tell me, I'll try to think of some more tips.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:34 AM ----------

Doran's blades are a really bad choice, they're really overrated since Season 3, they're just not worth it anymore.
    Generally you want to start with some regen, either pots/bead, then get hp, damage, then either focus tankyness or damage first, or grab some utility early on by rushing a trinity force, everything depends on the game itself though. All in all: I never get Doran's Blades on top anymore, not really worth it.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-02-12 at 12:32 AM. Reason: made it easier to read cuz lots of text

I personally start either with Regen bead + 6hp pots and a ward or Flask + 1 pot + ward, depending on the matchup, I rarely take anything else, maybe cloth 5 if I'm against Mantheon.

The basics to laning as J4 is to abuse your opponent, your enemy goes in for a lasthit, you give him a quick bonk on the noggin with your spear to trigger your passive, your attack range is usually higher, so they won't be able to retaliate.
    Another example is when you use your EQ combo on them, if you successfully land both spells, they'll get scared off and just run away, without trading at all, when they do this, you automatically win the lane. Flask allows you to do more EQ combo's, which makes J4 laning a breeze, the hp from the flask is nice aswell, that's why I usually go for flask.

Do NOT I repeat NOT go for W at level 4, it's a common misconception that you need to level up all your skills, which is why you see random Ezreals running around with level 1 W which they, in reality, would never really use. W is too mana-inefficient in lane to be worth to level, the extra armor/as/damage the flag will get is worth it more than a weak shield.

Keep trading with the enemy, which you should win, unless you suck at aiming your E+Q. - I use my mouse hotkeys for this, helps to have them near eachother so you can do it in quick succession - After repeating this alot, you'll either have killed your enemy or have him harrassed/lower hp, at level 6, this is the perfect time to go in for the kill, E+Q+hit+R+Ignite is a killer combo that does crazy damage, much like Malphite when he hits 6.

Don't forget that your E can act as a pseudo-ward, so if you're pushing and you have no ward, and there are people missing, you can keep your E in the bush for a while, to secure your safety.

Also important is that Jarvan can roam to other lanes/enemy jungle quite well due to his potential mobility, use this to your advantage to help your mid or assist in counter-jungling, map-awareness is king!

For Runes I roll 9x armor pen marks, 9x armor seals, 9x flat mr glyphs and 3x armor pen quints. A nice balance of all stats.
    Masteries 9/21/0 since Tank masteries are king. (You can check them on my lolking profile @ signature, Solo Top Jarvan is what the page is called).

Haven't really talked about mid/late game, but you asked for laning, so yeah that's what I do at least.
    If that's not enough of an explanation, tell me, I'll try to think of some more tips.
    Thanks man. Yeah I really just need the advice on the laning, and you covered it all quite nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doran's blades are a really bad choice, they're really overrated since Season 3, they're just not worth it anymore.
    Generally you want to start with some regen, either pots/bead, then get hp, damage, then either focus tankyness or damage first, or grab some utility early on by rushing a trinity force, everything depends on the game itself though. All in all: I never get Doran's Blades on top anymore, not really worth it.
    The doran's blades were what I used in s2 in top lane. Though... in s2 it was usually double gp10 triforce and roll from there. Not sure if that was the optimal build, but I won a lot of games with it. Now that I think about it, I haven't played him top since s2.

Lately i've been going flask/pot/ward -> brutalizer -> giants belt, then go from there.

The doran's blades were what I used in s2 in top lane. Though... in s2 it was usually double gp10 triforce and roll from there. Not sure if that was the optimal build, but I won a lot of games with it. Now that I think about it, I haven't played him top since s2.
    That's how I used to roll and lane successfully with Jarvan. The way you build him changed quite drastically if you ask me.

Deleted

Lately i've been going flask/pot/ward -> brutalizer -> giants belt, then go from there.
    I'd rather get Giant's belt before brutalizer, the person with the giant's belt beats the one with the brutalizer, if your enemy is rushing brutalizer, you could go for it though, but I'd do it the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather get Giant's belt before brutalizer, the person with the giant's belt beats the one with the brutalizer, if your enemy is rushing brutalizer, you could go for it though, but I'd do it the other way around.
    I was referring to mid. As I have not played him top lane this season. People tend not to rush giant's belts in mid lane, at least not in my games.