Deleted
    Monkeys-forever wins the prize for "worst professional player performance on literally any hero, ever". It's the first time I've ever thought "you could have given this hero to a random 5k mid player and he would done better."

He misses EVERY ability, never invokes Alacrity, was lvl 23 at NINETY MINUTES, etc. It's actually horrifying.

Monkeys just proved he is not in fact a bad Invoker when he defended against three six slotted cores pretty much by himself in a game that was over two hours

coL should have won an hour earlier though, they could have thrown bodies at the base at any point and taken megas at the very least, it's stupid how scared they were playing. When you have three heroes who have over 50k gold between them, buy 4 fucking rapiers and a shadow blade for Tiny and let him walk into the base and one shot the rax and die. Who cares if you feed rapiers to a 6 slotted invoker and medusa?

I'm also sad to see navi not make it, I think they're a pretty good team now and I'd REALLY like to see Dendi get 4 allies that deserve him.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-01-10 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Monkeys just proved he is not in fact a bad Invoker when he defended against three six slotted cores pretty much by himself in a game that was over two hours

coL should have won an hour earlier though, they could have thrown bodies at the base at any point and taken megas at the very least, it's stupid how scared they were playing. When you have three heroes who have over 50k gold between them, buy 4 fucking rapiesr and a shadow blade for Tiny and let him walk into the base and one shot the rax and die. Who cares if you feed rapiers to a 6 slotted invoker and medusa?
    I mean even a broken clock is right twice a day, and that last fight was entirely on coL throwing, not Monkeys doing anything remarkable.

It may actually have been the worst professional Invoker performance I've ever seen for the first 100 minutes of the game. He was so fucking awful.

I didn't pay attention much, sadly, having too much fun in PoE and both of these teams are honestly garbage so who cares anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    131 minute game in the NA qualifiers. GOOD STUFF!

Deleted
    Props to DC for some really interesting drafts this tournament that actually work. Support Kunkka, TC Ursa, constant Oracle 1st picks for 1437, etc.

They've clearly put a whole lot of effort into their drafting an IMHO it's paying off. They've looked the best in the tournament by a long shot.

Edit: And as I say this ofc they fall to Archon in game 1 off the back of Pizza's pet peeve, Craggy Exterior. I'm sure that shit is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Props to DC for some really interesting drafts this tournament that actually work. Support Kunkka, TC Ursa, constant Oracle 1st picks for 1437, etc.

They've clearly put a whole lot of effort into their drafting an IMHO it's paying off. They've looked the best in the tournament by a long shot.

Edit: And as I say this ofc they fall to Archon in game 1 off the back of Pizza's pet peeve, Craggy Exterior. I'm sure that shit is broken.
    They could barely get their combos off properly and had to rely on sheep sticks to keep the tiny under control in team fights AND the tiny also had a wisp. DC was way more likely to lose. They also had a lot of physical damage and tiny had a butterfly with DC having no MKB.

Deleted
    DC forcing a 19-minute GG in game 2.

DC = Deathball Cancerino confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then they lose a base race game 3! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I mean even pros sometimes just make laughably awful itemization decisions. Take the Liquid vs Elements game earlier today where Matumbaman brought a HoT against a Zeus.

Yeah, I'll just repeat that for impact. A HoT against a Zeus and an AA.

The commentators naturally all lauded his decision to "tank up" without giving any sort of regard to the fact that he could literally have bought a fucking Glimmer Cape instead and it would have given him more EHP against Zeus because Zeus passive doesn't fucking care how much health you have.

I think the basic lesson here is that everyone is trash at DotA and you have to just embrace that DotA isn't a game of "who is best", it's a game of "who's going to be least retarded this time?"
    Glimmer only works if it's active though. What else would he have bought? Skadi? Heart at least lets you regen to full 20 sec after you disengage.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't understand why Omniknight is still allowed to exist. He's been top of the charts in pubs for... I dunno, like the last 2 years? And they keep buffing him cuz pros are too stupid to pick him?

- - - Updated - - -

CK with aether lens. Pretty good.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Glimmer only works if it's active though. What else would he have bought? Skadi? Heart at least lets you regen to full 20 sec after you disengage.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't understand why Omniknight is still allowed to exist. He's been top of the charts in pubs for... I dunno, like the last 2 years? And they keep buffing him cuz pros are too stupid to pick him?

- - - Updated - - -

CK with aether lens. Pretty good.
    Literally any other item would have been better in that specific situation. BKB (can't remember if he had one already) is the clear winner, but even a Pipe is something he could have considered given that at that point, he literally just needed to not die to the Zeus and the game was won.

Even pros just sometimes don't intuitively understand how the game works. I see people make the mistake of getting casual Ogre Clubs or shit like that against Zeus all the time and it just doesn't work.

Funny, I don't recall Zeus ever being a problem at any recent major tournament,
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-01-12 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    two 81 minute games in a week! Q_Q

10+ Year Old Account
    Support CK definitely legit. You do tend to die more than some other supports but 900 range rift on 6 sec cd is just nuts even late in the game. Even support CK with lens vlads and half of a cuirass can still do a disgusting amount of damage with ulti up, though illusions die really fast to AOEs since you aren't tanked up. Still, sometimes all you need is one rift with all your illusions there to wipe out 60% of a core's HP in the first go.

Fucking amazing watching peruvians pick blatantly overpowered heroes like Slark and Alchemist and still get fucked anyway. You can give a Peruvian an overpowered hero but I guess you can't give them the skill to win against competent enemies.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened today?

Alliance is out of Starladder!

*few moments later*

Alliance is back in Starladder!

ez.

Deleted
    PPD last-picking Dazzle instead of Oracle against a Dark Seer

Peter, oh Peter...

Edit: Universe having an absolute stinker of a game so far. How often do you see the legendary Saahil Arora just casually fuck up everything he does for the first 15 minutes of a game?
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-01-13 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah except they fucking destroyed that game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Yeah except they fucking destroyed that game.
    It sure wasn't because of Universe. He got himself and Suma1L/RTZ respectively killed twice in the first ten minutes and fucked up his ult completely a couple of times, too.

The win was 100% on Fear, IMHO, and to some extent on RTZ/PPD for not feeding against a really fucking ugly trilane with basically no outside assistance.

I woke up in time to see the end of this EG game, sumaiL is stupidly aggressive on Invoker, can't wait for a team that's actually good at dota to punish him heavily for that.

Can you somehow get Desert Terrain if you didn't purchase TI5 Compendium? If not, this is -fucking- ridiculous.