10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Two gems for stereo true sight. Next level.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Two gems for stereo true sight. Next level.
    Yes, that's what was remarkable.

[RADIANT CHAT] its ok guys we got this they have no carries
    [RADIANT CHAT] dont cc cmon we got lategame

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    [RADIANT CHAT] its ok guys we got this they have no carries
    [RADIANT CHAT] dont cc cmon we got lategame
    Looks like somebody forgot to tell Omni you can't be a carry without steroids =/

Also I think they were winning early game, interestingly enough. Worth watching if you want to see some Enchantress failtraining.

Worth watching if you want proof that being a carry is about having more gold than anyone else and little else. A few heroes really can't carry, like CM, because their stats are too low, their attack animation is too poor, their movespeed is too terrible, etc.

But only a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yes, that's what was remarkable.
    Depth perception is all the difference.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 03:44 AM ----------

Watching Alliance punch Na'Vi in the dick repeatedly makes me happy. Probably my favorite games in the Western half of G-1 League so far. I just like seeing Na'Vi lose so badly, I don't know why.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 06:50 AM ----------

Insert gripe about matchmaking being terrible. Something like five games in a row of opponents that aren't a challenge, then a game with four teammates queued as a stack and they're all terrible and blame me for the loss. Probably reported me, too, so I'm guessing I'll have a chat ban or whatever now.

How in the hell does a Lina-Drow lane lose to a Kunkka-Zeus lane? They have no stun, and no real damage until they both have at least a few levels... and it was safelane Lina-Drow. Max Frost Arrows, get free Lina stuns, and feed on squishy, slow Zeus the entire time. How in the hell do you lose that lane?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

How in the hell does a Lina-Drow lane lose to a Kunkka-Zeus lane? They have no stun, and no real damage until they both have at least a few levels... and it was safelane Lina-Drow. Max Frost Arrows, get free Lina stuns, and feed on squishy, slow Zeus the entire time. How in the hell do you lose that lane?
    Kunkka and zues nukes are retarded good against 2 squishy's like lina-drow. If kunkka is aggressive and knows how to properly manipulate tidebringer and zues semi-aggressive with his nukes, its an easy win vs a lina-drow lane, especially if Lina and/or drow are being overly passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Kunkka and zues nukes are retarded good against 2 squishy's like lina-drow. If kunkka is aggressive and knows how to properly manipulate tidebringer and zues semi-aggressive with his nukes, its an easy win vs a lina-drow lane, especially if Lina and/or drow are being overly passive.
    This is one of those matchups were the first mistake costs you the lane. They both have squishy targets, both only need levels at first, and nukes on both sides. Once there is a level advantage I predict its very hard to take that lane back without help from mid.

Deleted
    I'm still amazed how many people just sit behind creeps and wonder why they get hit in the head by Kunka's AE thingy ( forgot the name lol ).
    Just stay on either sides of the creep wave and completely negate whatever Kunka is doing at the starting phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Tidebringer doesn't hit hard enough to counter simple regen without levels/items, and Zeus doesn't start hitting hard until he hits lvl 5 and has 3 points in lightning bolt. Until then, Zeus is a slow squishy hero with no escape, and Kunkka is a melee hero with no stun unless you're stupid and stand still or run in straight lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidebringer doesn't hit hard enough to counter simple regen without levels/items, and Zeus doesn't start hitting hard until he hits lvl 5 and has 3 points in lightning bolt. Until then, Zeus is a slow squishy hero with no escape, and Kunkka is a melee hero with no stun unless you're stupid and stand still or run in straight lines.
    Usually when i lane against kunka, i wait for him to use tidebringer and then hit him hard in the head, because he can't provide much damage outside of it at low level
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You don't really need to be anything but slightly oblivious or out of position as Lina if everyone is level 2 to meet a swift demise on a lane like that. Kunkka steps to fog to cast Torrent, both heroes charge at you when they see it's going to hit and you'll be taking several autos from Kunkka and Bolt + Arc spam from Zeus, and there's no juking against that Bolt vision. There's little Drow can do but try to slow Kunkka with rank 1 Frost Arrows and just a couple of autos from Kunkka on top of the spell damage should burn through a 500 HP Lina before she gets back to tower range.

Seriously, the best way to lose a lane is to just think something like "oh we have 2 ranged heroes against their 1, this lane is gonna be won easily" without stopping to think what the enemy heroes can actually do. Or you might just lose to a 5-carry lineup in 10 minutes because a Sven + Gyro hardlane caught you with your pants down http://dotabuff.com/matches/180090145.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-04-29 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a teammate picks OD after the enemy team picks up Nyx Assassin and then tells me Doomy is a bad pick. Why in the fuck are people so stubbornly stupid in this game? And why am I limited to 4 reports instead of 40? 4 isn't nearly enough to weed out all the morons and asshats infesting matchmaking.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You don't really need to be anything but slightly oblivious or out of position as Lina if everyone is level 2 to meet a swift demise on a lane like that. Kunkka steps to fog to cast Torrent, both heroes charge at you when they see it's going to hit and you'll be taking several autos from Kunkka and Bolt + Arc spam from Zeus, and there's no juking against that Bolt vision. There's little Drow can do but try to slow Kunkka with rank 1 Frost Arrows and just a couple of autos from Kunkka on top of the spell damage should burn through a 500 HP Lina before she gets back to tower range.
    I think you're overestimating how much damage Zeus does at early levels. Tidebringer is useful harassment, but Kunkka has to get close to use it, and Drow shouldn't have trouble punishing him for it with orbwalking.

Once Zeus hits level 5 he puts out a lot of damage assuming he can sustain the mana cost (and he won't, unless he has manaboots and maybe a bottle, which means he's the farming hero instead of Kunkka, and he has to try to last hit vs Drow), but Kunkka's damage doesn't scale very well unless you actually land Torrents... and it's not hard to avoid them. Since Lina isn't last hitting, there isn't really much reason for her to be standing around, so fog Torrents are going to be very difficult to land unless he can catch her when she's stacking and pulling (and according to Ariadne, you can't die while doing this.)

Add Drow with a few seconds of Silence and a strong enough slow to guarantee Lina stun lands... I dunno, I don't see how you can lose that lane unless you get cocky. Lina puts out about as much damage as Zeus does, but she has a stun while Zeus doesn't... and she's also not dependent on farm like Zeus is.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-04-29 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Once Zeus hits level 5 he puts out a lot of damage assuming he can sustain the mana cost (and he won't, unless he has manaboots and maybe a bottle, which means he's the farming hero instead of Kunkka, and he has to try to last hit vs Drow), but Kunkka's damage doesn't scale very well unless you actually land Torrents... and it's not hard to avoid them. Since Lina isn't last hitting, there isn't really much reason for her to be standing around, so fog Torrents are going to be very difficult to land unless he can catch her when she's stacking and pulling (and according to Ariadne, you can't die while doing this.)
    Any lane can lose to any lane. It is just about personal skill. Doesn't matter if they have better heroes. Also, not everyone knows the strength and weaknesses of all heroes.

If you can find me one replay/VOD where a good player dies while stacking against a dual lane, feel free to link.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-04-29 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys, been going through this thread, but there is way too much to take in. Basically, I am looking to start playing Dota 2, but I am a complete Neophyte, having played a little League of Legends.

I was just wondering if you have any tips, links to tutorials, anything like that !

Feel free to PM me if you feel like this isn't the right place to be helping out a newbie. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartzEntertainment View Post
    Hey guys, been going through this thread, but there is way too much to take in. Basically, I am looking to start playing Dota 2, but I am a complete Neophyte, having played a little League of Legends.

I was just wondering if you have any tips, links to tutorials, anything like that !

Feel free to PM me if you feel like this isn't the right place to be helping out a newbie. Thanks !
    http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/guide

have fun~

Deleted

my only advice is if someone needs to insult you to give you advice,their opinions are not worth anything but a mute.
    also don't get stuck trying to improve on a certain hero,as a new player its hard to see,but there really are heroes in dota 2 that are easy and others that are just plain hell for beginners,you might pick a certain hero and have bad games only to feel you're not improving at all and get stuck on that hero while you could actually have a great time with an easier hero.I made that mistake!(morphling)

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 09:40 PM ----------

does anyone know of any pro game where there are 5-man teleport ganks?
    like a lifestealer in a whisp linked to a kotl who recalls someone and a prophet coming in

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    does anyone know of any pro game where there are 5-man teleport ganks?
    like a lifestealer in a whisp linked to a kotl who recalls someone and a prophet coming in
    this might not really be what you're looking for, but this tactic is fantastic

Pay a lot of hero with bots to see which one suits your playstyle. Dont really need guide until you tried all tank/dps/support basic roles. Doing so will also help you shake off that little LoL habit.

I dont know if anyone else like me, but I ve played since late 2006, and there are still heroes that I doesnt bother (most melee ones) at all (0 or 1 game played in DotA2) :\

Almost forogot: learn where the mute button is before queueing for ranked matchs. It helps.