Concerning MMR, it feels to me the most that it doesn't update MMR while you're online. Feels like my DotA life for the year has basically been win 6 games in a row on Monday, lose 5 in a row on Tuesday, win 6 in a row on Thursday, lose 4 more in a row Satuday, and so on.

I also wonder if it has a "team" MMR when you queue public games with friends, as it seems to "remember" the MMR of me and a few of my regular friends, but if we add a new player the system gets completely crashed, regardless of the new player's MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Then perhaps your MMR happens to be quite static?
    ...or there is something wrong/fishy with mmr shit to the point where I am getting bitchtoed cuntsniffers for teammates?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    ...or there is something wrong/fishy with mmr shit to the point where I am getting bitchtoed cuntsniffers for teammates?
    You realize that if this is true, matchmaking gives everyone "bitchtoed cuntsniffers" on their team, right? Which would, again, lead to you gaining MMR if you can carry the team and losing MMR if you can't. The system isn't out to get you in particular.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, the new communications bans thing seems just straight up stupid. I played one game earlier and come back to play and learn that a game I played 6 hours ago got me my 2nd communication ban, and this one lasts 48 hours total.
    The problem is... all I said that could possibly be "rude" was: "Pudge, man, we need you to land a hook so we can get the initiate." I know the blog post said they do research on each report, but do they?

Also, game I just played... Razor on the other team spent 50 minutes talking about how "OMG NOOOOOOOOBS LOLOOLOLOLOL IM GONNA RAPE UR FAMILY LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL NOOOOOOBS HAHAHAH LOLOL KILL UR SISTER FUCK UR MOM." And I'M the one receiving communication bans?

Also... the communication ban just hurts my team. If I wasn't in vent with the other 4 people, I wouldn't be able to comment on anything, can barely ping, can't tell someone people are in the jungle looking for them, etc. Can't tell someone I will buy sentries so they don't have to, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lina Inverse the Slayer.
    Thanks! I'll give it a try later.

You realize that if this is true, matchmaking gives everyone "bitchtoed cuntsniffers" on their team, right? Which would, again, lead to you gaining MMR if you can carry the team and losing MMR if you can't. The system isn't out to get you in particular.
    You do realize that a page ago you claimed this mmr thing slaps together people of similar/equal skill/rating, and now you are saying its okay to play with prissy ass cockgobblers so I can carry trhem and up my mmr?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

This is so interesting. I was absolutely operating under the myth that W/L & # of Wins & Battle Point Lvl was what determined matchmaking.. the rating is hidden, and doesn't use the above data.. whoa.

I believe Valve's motive for hiding the MMR is self-interested. They iterated on it specifically during development, and consider it valuable proprietary information/something that could be compiled & studied to determine their formulae somewhat, & they don't want that, not from the ever-revving up MOBA competitor market, nor from account smurfing addicts ;p

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    So, the new communications bans thing seems just straight up stupid. I played one game earlier and come back to play and learn that a game I played 6 hours ago got me my 2nd communication ban, and this one lasts 48 hours total.
    The problem is... all I said that could possibly be "rude" was: "Pudge, man, we need you to land a hook so we can get the initiate." I know the blog post said they do research on each report, but do they?

Also, game I just played... Razor on the other team spent 50 minutes talking about how "OMG NOOOOOOOOBS LOLOOLOLOLOL IM GONNA RAPE UR FAMILY LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL NOOOOOOBS HAHAHAH LOLOL KILL UR SISTER FUCK UR MOM." And I'M the one receiving communication bans?

Also... the communication ban just hurts my team. If I wasn't in vent with the other 4 people, I wouldn't be able to comment on anything, can barely ping, can't tell someone people are in the jungle looking for them, etc. Can't tell someone I will buy sentries so they don't have to, etc.
    That razor got more than just a comm ban, likely ~ 2 weeks of low-p or a 48hr full queueing ban ;p (hopefully)

I've got comms bans surprisingly sparingly, considering the level of talk I do (not trash..just idle chat ;p), at 160hrs(?) on the dota2 client (came over from WC3) ~ Got comm ban only once so far.

It was funny when it happened. It made me learn to use built-in 'push' 'care, b' team commands. So whenever allies would cluelessly blame me for their feeding, I'd spam the commands. It gave me such a riot, because for the first time, you know those utterly clueless russians/brazilians/euros? They actually got -rly- angry at my responses.. Whereas, when before I'd simply type 'It's your fault' etc in english, they wouldn't respond.. cuz they don't speak english! xD So the built-in commands, while at first glance more 'inoffensive', are actually more enraging to them b/c they get translated ;p
    >>> And then.. <<<

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post

That razor most likely also got comm banned, except maybe if everyone in the game ran out of reports. I heard its a viable strat to flame only after sundays because nobody has any reports left at that time. Still, if he does this regularly its only a matter of time until he gets comm banned.
    You can also use the chatwheel while comm banned, even though its not the most amazing form of communication either, but apparently valve thinks that forcing mutes on people is the right thing to do
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    You do realize that a page ago you claimed this mmr thing slaps together people of similar/equal skill/rating, and now you are saying its okay to play with prissy ass cockgobblers so I can carry trhem and up my mmr?
    No but I'm saying that MMR has no inclination towards any person in specific. If your MMR can't rise over a fairly large number of games, then it's nobody's fault but your own.

Also, you would do well to tidy up your language, and I don't often say this, but a mod on a bad day could infract you for saying that kind of shit. Calm the hell down.

No but I'm saying that MMR has no inclination towards any person in specific. If your MMR can't rise over a fairly large number of games, then it's nobody's fault but your own.

Also, you would do well to tidy up your language, and I don't often say this, but a mod on a bad day could infract you for saying that kind of shit. Calm the hell down.
    I am not saying that as well.

What I'm saying , that it's fishy and dishonest not to show and explain us how in the feth does mmr work.

Also, I would, but I will not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like a hidden MMR either, because it doesn't make me understand why I get queued together with certain people. I want to understand why I play with people and why I play against them.

I don't think it matches against "equal skill" either. Because I simply do not understand why I play against opponents or have teammates who play like it's LoL 3v3 farming creeps endgame all alone when you know Spiritbreaker is going to charge you or Riki is there to rape your ass.

So a visible rating would for me solve a lot of this mystery. Because I simply have no clue why I get placed in certain teams that either give a guaranteed win or guaranteed loss.

Deleted
    I am not saying that as well.

What I'm saying , that it's fishy and dishonest not to show and explain us how in the feth does mmr work.
    How would showing you your rating explain how MMR works? You'd have to know the MMR of everyone on your team and all other variables that may be in place. If they gave you an explanation without showing your MMR in specific, what more is there to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    So a visible rating would for me solve a lot of this mystery. Because I simply have no clue why I get placed in certain teams that either give a guaranteed win or guaranteed loss.
    The only thing that's gonna change is you're gonna go from.
    "Oh, teammates at my rating suck." to
    "Oh, teammates at 1400 rating suck."

What's the point?

What's the point?
    I can vouch for this. Even at platinum elo in LoL you get feeders, leavers and flamers in your team almost 1 out of 5 times. Some people have this idea that they could escape all that if they were just high enough MMR which everybody who has played LoL or HoN at a high rating can tell you is false. Instead of getting a russian that feeds 6 kills in 10 minutes and then leaves you get some asshole who spergs out for some completely trivial reason and then just feeds on purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

You really should stop judging your teammates based on how they perform in a single game. Snowballing is very common in dota, and majority of players can't adapt their play when they're behind and don't know how to deal with disadvantage, so it's common for pub games to be complete stomps even with perfectly balanced teams. A small mistake can cost you a lane and a lost lane can result into a hero snowballing over your unwary team, shit happens. On the other hand if you seriously judge players because they didn't follow your favorite item or skill builds or have to quote stats you're probably not much better.

How would showing you your rating explain how MMR works? You'd have to know the MMR of everyone on your team and all other variables that may be in place. If they gave you an explanation without showing your MMR in specific, what more is there to learn?
    And why not show all of it?
    Why not provide us with all those nubmers, ratings and such?
    To avoid dickwaving? Well gl with that, because by choosing to deny us all these numbers, they opened yet another bag of rampaging dicks entirely.

What's the point?
    The point is I will know where I am and with whom I am grouped with.
    The point is knowledge.
    The point is a sense of awareness.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-06-03 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    And why not show all of it?
    Why not provide us with all those nubmers, ratings and such?
    To avoid dickwaving? Well gl with that.
    OJ mid??? wtf!!!!!!!!!!

The point is I will know where I am and with whom I am grouped with.
    The point is knowledge.
    What's that gonna change? You're gonna press the accept button, pick your hero, play the game, finish the game.

At what point does knowing your MMR change anything about this?

What's that gonna change? You're gonna press the accept button, pick your hero, play the game, finish the game.

At what point does knowing your MMR change anything about this?
    why would a novice play poker against novice?

You're gonna press the accept bid button, draw your hand, play the game, finish the game.

At what point does knowing your/your opponent's skill level change anything about this?

[/sarcasm]

Deleted
    why would a novice play poker against novice?

You're gonna press the accept bid button, draw your hand, play the game, finish the game.

At what point does knowing your/your opponent's skill level change anything about this?

[/sarcasm]
    So if I read this right (and this is confusing as fuck, by the way, you ought to fix that), you're going to exploit knowing other peoples' MMR so you can "farm the noob"? I'd specifically call that cheating.

Deleted
    i dont see how supports not warding intiators not intiating and gankers not ganking should not get the nerd rage at them. Oh also supports farming endlessly and fucking your carry over when i play in LoL supports most of them atleast know they have to ward they have to drop creep kills to the carry while in dota you get supports that just rape your lane with spells ppush it so you dont get creeps at all and best of all DONT SUPPORT AT ALL. the either make another que option where they have REALLY strict bans for shit like this or just make it in the normal que.

I do not mind losing but its how you lose that makes you so frustrated and lash out on ppl specialy russians are very commen with not even trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    On the other hand if you seriously judge players because they didn't follow your favorite item or skill builds or have to quote stats you're probably not much better.
    This is shit indeed. But thank god for mute right? :P Nothing more annoying than players who feel the need to criticize your every move. One thing I hate more is players spam pinging you for being in front of the creeps and see the chat like:

xXplayahXx: b

When people do that shit I feel the need to cause a first blood lol. In some cases I do that too.