Deleted
    Anyone noticed the sudden rise of the amount of muted players you have in your team? I think about every game there is at least 2 people muted on my team. I think 3 is becoming standard right now. Are Valve just muting too many people or what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Anyone noticed the sudden rise of the amount of muted players you have in your team? I think about every game there is at least 2 people muted on my team. I think 3 is becoming standard right now. Are Valve just muting too many people or what's up?
    Maybe they moved to doing mutes in waves like Blizzard does with ban waves? I dunno. I haven't run into any muted people, but eh.

Also apparently support meepo is a thing I didn't know about...
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/593362313

haha how did dire lineup get so bad

n0tail played support meepo in the first week of dreamleague s1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQoikMg4gI0#t=26m20s

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also apparently support meepo is a thing I didn't know about...
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/593362313
    n0tail is a support player And Meepo, being quite a versatile hero, can fit the support role decently. He has most of the things a support needs, a disable and a nuke. Same way that heroes like Alch, Naga, Mirana and Sven can also be played in a support role. The only thing that differs them from everyday support heroes is either their ability to flashfarm, or better scaling with items due to agility being their main stat, so they can also be played as carries.

Also, why does everyone on your team have like -50 wins?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Meepo in a game against nothing but hyper carrys and doing well..interesting indeed...

Deleted
    Yeah, this mute system is becoming a joke. No one talks at all and every time someone wants to communicate something they need spam annoying shit to get their point accross. "I will purchase -> Sentry Wards" to get people to buy sentries etc. It's getting annoying and I don't think it's because everyone is a flamer. People just got too many reports to use nowadays and since the system is automated they just throw them at whoever bugs them a bit and they get muted and they get a new report to use.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...e_mute_system/

I'm not muted by the way in case you were wondering but seeing all these chat wheel and ALT-commands is getting annoying.

@Jester Joe

That Meepo player seems like it switched owner or something. Suddenly last two games he completely destroys on the score but before that he had mediocre/bad stats. Or maybe he just plays a lot of Meepo.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-04-04 at 02:29 AM.

I really have no idea what happened, all I know is he said he was gonna be support meepo, then ended up poofing from lane to lane ganking I believe, and just snowballed out of control from there....I basically resorted to rune checking constantly because he was basically killing their team as they spawned. It was a boring game for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Meepo in a game against nothing but hyper carrys and doing well..interesting indeed...
    Don't know if you have seen the XMG Captain Draft tournament, but in the semifinals n0tail's Meepo was absolutely glorious and they totally shut down Loda on Antimage. (this is the vod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45EPtKW_ng)

It was a very fun tournament. IMO there should be more tournaments with Captain's Draft or some other game modes that force players to go outside of the current meta.

Meepo is an extremely strong hero if you don't stop him from split farming, I don't know why he got a bad reputation. Probably because people have only seem him played at 2500 MMR and have no idea how strong he can be if you have even a tiny bit of macro.

http://dotabuff.com/players/93874877...atch_type=real
    I obviously don't win all the time but it's pretty plain to see that in games where I got my split farm they were absolute wrecks. If you don't keep Meepo down he's one of those heroes that just plain WILL win the game by himself no matter what heroes your team has. Except maybe ES, he's kind of a hard counter.

http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/

Scroll down a bit. Meepo actually has a higher winrate in the lower ratings. People simply have no idea that they need to stop him from going completly out of control at the lower ratings. The person beeing a bit shit at micro doesn't stop him from just going bananas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/

Scroll down a bit. Meepo actually has a higher winrate in the lower ratings. People simply have no idea that they need to stop him from going completly out of control at the lower ratings. The person beeing a bit shit at micro doesn't stop him from just going bananas.
    I disagree with the guy that writes those posts a lot. Him saying a Tinker is as easily shut down as an Anti-Mage just makes me face palm.

Tinker can't be shut down by anything, hero is broken.

Lose mid? Farm jungle get BoTs at 14 min anyway.
    Win mid? Farm Jungle win game at 14 min anyway.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-04-04 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I disagree with the guy that writes those posts a lot. Him saying a Tinker is as easily shut down as an Anti-Mage just makes me face palm.
    I also dislike dotametrics a lot, whoever writes it seems to constantly try to use their statistics to explain how his random views are correct and every other opinion is wrong because stats obviously never lie and can be used to accurately predict the weather if you try hard enough.

And can't be manipulated in any way to prove the points you want them to prove********

10+ Year Old Account
    Started dooing Rated. Losing >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Rated would be way more fun if people would try a tad bit less hard. It's like 90% people I met playing in ranked suffer from Dunning–Kruger effect, and think everyone else in their team qued for a game just to make them the shining star. After hearing anyone in ranked spew out the bullshit they tend to I'm like, sorry Lod[A], didn't quite recognize you in the 3k bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Rated would be way more fun if people would try a tad bit less hard. It's like 90% people I met playing in ranked suffer from Dunning–Kruger effect, and think everyone else in their team qued for a game just to make them the shining star. After hearing anyone in ranked spew out the bullshit they tend to I'm like, sorry Lod[A], didn't quite recognize you in the 3k bracket.
    Yeah someone was like "Are you autistic?" Like that's a bad thing apparently or something. I am Autistic but damn, people need to chill(First game this happened).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah someone was like "Are you autistic?" Like that's a bad thing apparently or something. I am Autistic but damn, people need to chill(First game this happened).
    It's an insult that stemmed from 4chan. It came to be when people started labeling bronies as autistic because of their many social setbacks. Now, when someone freaks out over something small, or is acting out of the meta, people will suggest they are autistic.

It's the new version of "you mad bro?".

- - - Updated - - -

Ranked Dota is life.

Is it just me or the popularity of Treant/Weaver has risen once again?

Is it just me or the popularity of Treant/Weaver has risen once again?
    More like people forgot how stupid people tend to play vs weaver and everyone is back on cheesing it again.